Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 537

else7en is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i just got here after reading will comment

mostlygizzards is offline Junior Member

Cool Mostly Gizzards aka Jim

Hello!

My name is Jim and I have been a fan/lurker of MDA for a while. I have a great family, wife & 4 kids and we live in the fantabulous state of Arizona. I'm originally a resident of Missouri (or Misery if you don't like humidity) and I've recently decided to go Primal 100% and not turn back. I have had moments when I have eaten better, and some really embarrassing moments in recent history. I have SO much to say about my goals and my life's experience with bad food and not being happy with my overall health, but those can wait for future posts.

The Questions:

Your location: Phoenix, AZ

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 99% for 2 weeks. I sneak some Sriracha on my eggs in the mornings.

Do you consume dairy: Currently no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: Pushup-Situp-Squat - in the form of x pushups, 2x situps, 3x squats. 5 rounds. Steadily increasing the value of X.

Favorite Primal food: A perfectly cooked steak is hard to argue with.

Best part about being Primal: I'm not afraid to say "I'm not eating" when there are no natural food choices. I just fast now. I used to believe the whole "eat 6 small meals a day to keep up your metabolism" which lead me to snack constantly. Fasting is awesome!

Worst part about being Primal: I let myself get annoyed when I try to explain in simple terms what I eat and what I don't and 9/10 get "Oh you're on Atkins!"

jsmooth2327 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Denver, Colorado
    Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you:Start last week, loving it, 95%. In time, may sprinkle some potatoes or rice occasionally, but never again wheat!

Do you consume dairy: grass fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: healthy lifestyle, food is excellent, debunk misconception.

Favorite exercises: jog with my dog, and Blunt Force Training!

Favorite Primal food: chicken or bulletproof coffee!

Best part about being Primal: more enegy and more lean

Worst part about being Primal: Colorado craft breweries!

Question: anyone know if celery root is paleo or more tubular?
    Last edited by jsmooth2327; 07-09-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Taralphiel is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone!

Your location: North-Western Sydney, Australia.

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I've mulled on this for a little bit, and I'd say about 70%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but very limited.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started to test things out in August of last year. I did it for gut health reasons, and that's still my big motivator. But the weight loss has made me add fitness related goals to the list too.

Favorite exercise: Theatrical sword fighting, and the warm up stretches. That counts, right?

Favorite Primal food: sweet potatoes

Best part about being Primal: Having energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Meal planning. Still not very good at it. Every week's a new start at it though!

tmazon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Just started - mostly primal

Do you consume dairy: very Minimal - just a little cheese in eggs or on salads

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee ever, ice tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: I am very limited to to medical conditions/injuries.

Favorite Primal food: Beef, Almonds

Best part about being Primal: Health improvements

Worst part about being Primal: Missing pasta!!

I have been researching for several months different ways to improve my health. Have had a couple heart attacks, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, etc. Watched the perfect human diet and fat head among others and decided to throw out everything I been told by governemnt and others as proper nutrition and make the decision which diet is best using common sense - which said they way our ancestors ate before agriculture. As of today, I have been on the paleo diet for 4 days, as has my wife and 14 year old son. In those 4 days we have all found ourselves with a lot more energy, and not feeling hungry throughout the day. I have no urge after dinner to snack or eat until lunch or even dinner the next day. In a month or so I will have blood tests done to see how things are going..hope all stays good..

becdar is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Starting a 30 day primal challenge now, previously varying stages of Paleo.

Do you consume dairy: I am allergic to dairy, it's a huge deal for me to avoid it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Lots of coffee. Leaving it will be a big deal for me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am training for the Highlander V obstacle course race and I'm getting GREAT results, but I want to see how far I can go.

Favorite exercise: Crossfit, all day. Helen is my favorite named WOD by a long shot!

Favorite Primal food: Zucchini, all day, every day!

Best part about being Primal: I'm about to find out!

Worst part about being Primal: No more processed, quick-and-easy pick-up foods.

mysharona is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm Sharon, 43, from Nova Scotia, Canada. I'm just getting into the paleo lifestyle, trying to gather as much info as possible to help with food choices. I drink black coffee, green and herbal teas and I love an occasional glass of wine. I'm a smoker(boo) but I plan on quitting as I transition into this healthier lifestyle. I've been picking around the edges of Paleo since May 1st 2013 and to date have went from 158lbs to 145 very easily. My best friend was amazed and is now trying it too... she lost 9lbs in 9days! It's incredible how easy it is. My motivation was mainly to reduce the swelling in my ankles and get rid of psoriasis that had developed on the palm of my hand and bottom of my foot.... ohhh yeah PLUS TO GET RID OF MY MUFFIN TOP...lol! It's funny how little the medical community actually know about nutrition and biochemical reactions to foods... I was told by my dermatologist that I would always have the psoriasis and gave me a steroidcream (which I never used) . Well it's GONE after a month of no grains along with the swelling and the pesky muffin top too! Well, that's me.... nice to meet you all! Can't wait to crouch around the fire and "chew the fat" !

jkbastoky is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: mostly primal. I don't always eat organic (so expensive!) but I have cut out all grains.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Full fat greek yogurt and sometimes goat cheese (I LOVE goat cheese!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, though not very often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I recently went to the Dr. and was told that my sugar was high, and that I needed to cut carbs and lose weight. I also had what they call a "fatty liver" and was told that dropping weight would sort that out.

Favorite exercise: Elliptical and kayaking!

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: You don't have to count calories! Just eat good food!

Worst part about being Primal: It can be expensive and time consuming

cprojasd is offline Junior Member
    Hi, first time here.
    I'm Claudia and live in the State of Washington.
    I'm originally from Chile though.
    I have read the book and have been doing the Primal eating but have not lost any wight yet, I feel better, more energy and all that but the lbs should be going too.
    I have been to doctors to make sure my system is working correctly and I'm currently working with a Naturopath who found out my adrenal systems is all screw up.

I do drink coffee with cream, mostly a cup of hot tea in the mornings. I still crave some chocolate but have switched to the Trader Joe's brand, dark and lower carb.

any ideas would be appreciated it!
    Thanks!

Pablo Mablo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Northeast.

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: 80ish

Do you consume dairy: yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: saw some friends' success.

Favorite exercise: deadlift

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal:

Freed from hours of cardio -- running was my thing.

Worst part about being Primal: no cookies.
    Hey y'all.

I'm a non-jock in a sedentary occupation. Most of my adult life I've stayed in a range of "in pretty good shape (for a non-athlete)" to "oh, just a little out of shape (but not bad for a non-jock in a sedentary occupation)".

I'm about 6'2" and at my heaviest and softest I was 190. At my lightest and leanest I was 165.

When in my best shape, I'd run 20-30 miles per week, but never at competitive paces.

But what was lacking from my life was play, enjoyment of life, and stimulating myself with new challenges.

Diet was about denial. Exercise was about set-jaw discipline. And pain. Or at least prolonged discomfort.

Before starting paleo I was on the good end of my range. Lean, and in good shape by my standards.

But I wanted more from life. And paleo has been giving that to me.

I've started using my walks to learn spanish on an audio program, a life long desire. I could never do that running, and when i was done with my run I had neither the time nor the energy.

Also, I usually take a second walk in the day with a member of my family. Which I really enjoy now.

I also am using my extra time to learn to play guitar, another life long desire.

But what I've really gotten out of this is a feeling that, as a member of the dominant species on the planet, life is pretty damn good!