Page 536 of 626 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546586 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 6251

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 536

LauraMary is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Llano, TX

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: Extremely

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream in my coffee, a teeny bit of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: My weight and husband's health problems.

Favorite exercise: Walking and gardening

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel so clear, I'm easily losing weight, and I know it will improve our health

Worst part about being Primal: No gin and tonic at night

crazyclanof7 is offline Junior Member
    I live in Idaho (woohoo)
    I am 31
    I have been Primal for about 3 years 70/30 in the past, but am now about 95/5. (Wine is my 5 )
    I do eat dairy, probably too much.
    I love coffee, again, probably too much.
    I switched to primal because it felt right. I knew the way we have been eating for the last 50-60 years with all the "recommendations" was killing us.
    I love lifting weights, but have had a lot of babies and neck issues the past couple years. Just discovered wake skating though.
    My favorite food is butternut squash lasagna. From the Primal cravings cookbook!!!!!! (which made my cry happiness the first time I looked through it)
    Best part is the food and ease of preparing most of it. It's real food!
    Worst part=? Maybe that I can't lose the last 20lbs after having my 5th child 3 months ago. It won't budge an inch despite being very primal.

morphing into primal is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Somewhere in the US

Age (If you want): 20-something

How Primal are you: scale of 1-10, an 8

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: To gain health. I've been overweight and out of shape for most of my life. I started working out this past March and I'm starting to see some results. I'm headed in the right direction and eating Primal is a big factor in all of that.

Favorite exercise: push ups

Favorite Primal food: steak and eggs

Best part about being Primal: Having energy to get up and do things. Before I went Primal, I was sluggish despite eating a fairly clean, low carb diet. Since going Primal 4 months ago, I have felt great (except for when I fall off the wagon). No more brain fog, no more cravings for crap, and I've lost over 30 lbs.

Worst part about being Primal: There is not anything bad about being Primal to me. I do miss beer, but not much.

krisclo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South SF Bay Area

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I'm just starting to clean out my cupboards of grains and baking ingredients - so in terms of diet, not much at all. I think my activity style lines up a little more.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to really thrive.

Favorite exercise: Walking and lifting heavy things.

Favorite Primal food: That's hard to say. Everything is pretty good.

Best part about being Primal: Since I haven't really dived in yet, I can't say definitively what the best thing is. However, I'm looking forward to feeling as awesome as all the people in the before/after stories report.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not looking forward to any temporary inconveniences while ditching my grains.

fshaunak is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Memphis, TN

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Husband got thyroid cancer - ate my way through it. Now want us both to eat to good health.

Favorite exercise: Anything with a friend or loved one.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado and eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling satisfied after a meal

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to eat at social gatherings with other people

bugelly22 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New York

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I was 100% primal at the start of 2013 for the first three months, but since I graduated college and started studying for the CPA exam I have stopped and gained back all the weight and problems that I had once lost and now I want to get back to the healthier version of myself, when I was more primal

Do you consume dairy: I made the switch to almond milk around 7 months ago and haven't had "real" dairy milk since, although my only cheat has been on ice cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee (black) every morning! (it's a must to get through the day!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: As mentioned above, I have tried it before and the benefits were amazing! I regret going off of it and I seem to have blamed it on graduating from school and moving back home, but I have decided I can't use that excuse anymore and it is time to get back to the healthier me!

Favorite exercise: I just started doing Bikram (hot) yoga, and I love it! I also do interval sprints on the treadmill and different circuit training with a kettlebell.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken! Also, I love any type of salads... especially with chicken!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling a natural source of energy and virtually no stomach (digestion) pain ever! (keeps you super regular... if you know what I mean.)

Worst part about being Primal: My weakness has been peanut butter... I'm obsessed. I also get major cravings sometimes for potato chips and/or chocolate.

sunnybeaches is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Superior, WI

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: As close as I can be, but it falls apart during holidays!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, kefir, yogurt and cheese occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Grassfed ground beef with a raw egg yolk

Favorite exercise: Running! YES, I know about "chronic cardio". Leave me and my half-marathons alone!

Favorite Primal food: Just one?! Hm, salmon.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling healthy and energized

Worst part about being Primal: The social aspect of it is by far the most difficult

82landrover is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Jersey USA

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Virgin - Just learning about this awesome way to live

Do you consume dairy: Currently yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:I want to get fit, stay fit, and feel balanced

Favorite exercise:I enjoy playing any sport with my kids.

Favorite Primal food:I am sure I'll enjoy the steak and spinach

Best part about being Primal:Sound like I will get rid of the dreaded sugar crash

Worst part about being Primal: I am sure living with non-primals is going to be tough

mattyor is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bournemouth, UK

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Newbie - learning the whole process.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea only

Motivator for switching to Primal: Plateauing on previous diets and my personl trainer suggested Paleo.

Favorite exercise: The Gym, anything except Burpees

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Getting fit, losing weight and having an amazing life

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure, will have to come back to answer this one.

libsey is offline Junior Member

About to begin...

In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:memphis

Age (If you want):43

How Primal are you:starting this weekend

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:lose weight, health, energy and for my kids

Favorite exercise:5:30 bootcamp

Favorite Primal food:steak and avocado

Best part about being Primal:hoping to feel cleaner

Worst part about being Primal:scared to start