Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 533

Jammo is offline Junior Member

Hello

Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: Shreveport, LA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: partially

Do you consume dairy: yes (organic, full fat, local)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both (mostly coffee)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improving health

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Recovery from workouts

Worst part about being Primal: Social events (parties, big family gatherings)

ahuderot is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 80% primal. I have occasional non-primal food, do a little more than suggested exercise, and sleep a bit less than recommended.

Do you consume dairy: Butter only.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Following a conventional wisdom regimen, I hit a fat loss plateau for a prolonged amount of time. Then remembered Einstein's quote: "You can't expect different results while you're doing the same thing." So I decided to give it a shot.

Favorite exercise: Running, caveman-like movements such as squat(deadlift)-to-clean-to-press.

Favorite Primal food: Rib-eye steak.

Best part about being Primal: I'm losing fat like crazy!

Worst part about being Primal: Having non-primal friends, family and significant other.

Korree is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Adelaide Australia

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both but mostly tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: read wheat belly then found mda through that blog site

Favorite exercise: weights

Favorite Primal food:lamb chops

Best part about being Primal: have learnt to enjoy salads

Worst part about being Primal: much reduced ice cream intake

ScarletFrost is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Los Angeles Basin

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Newbie--still getting all the HoneyNut Cheerios out of my cupboard.

Do you consume dairy: Oh yes. But mostly cheese and other fermented products, because I'm allergic to something in bovine dairy (whey or casein, I'm not sure which). The pasteurized milk affects me more than raw.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee! Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee coffee...COFFEE!!! Er...yeah, I'm impossible without my daily joe.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Nothing else worked for my family's "jack sprat" situation. My husband is a carnivore, and I'm a carb-ivore (I'm Jack Sprat who could eat no fat, my husband is the one who ate no lean), and every diet/lifestyle we've tried as only (at best) slowed weight gain. I have a few friends who have converted to a paleo/primal diet with a lot of success. So I figure I've tried everything else--following the food pyramid, going full vegetarian, and just eating what I want and exercising a lot--so maybe I need to really pick a game changer.

Favorite exercise: Scuba diving! Well, swimming in general. Then horseback riding. Then hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Fat coffee, rib eye steaks, artichokes, and mushrooms.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling full after one serving.

Worst part about being Primal: No crusty artisan breads. Or soft pretzels.

anotherncbeachbum is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Partially. We eat a lot of locally grown/in season veggies. I've been buying more locally grown meat - a friend has cows and we had some fresh ground beef a few weeks ago that was so so good. Nothing organic, just cows who rotate from pasture to pasture eating grass (with some grains once in a while).

Do you consume dairy: Yes, heavy cream with my coffee and usually a glass of milk each day (whatever I buy at the market). Might switch to local milk but it's 8.00/gal. Will get a quart this w/e.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mostly coffee. 2 cups Costa Rican each morning with a bit of heavy cream. Sometimes a bit of splenda or raw sugar. Tea I'll drink whatever but it's not high on my list. I do like earl grey with a splash of cream.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get myself back. I used to be very active then work and home life hit and derailed me. I gave up some hobbies due to work/home/school (I'm in college PT) and saw that I gained weight and my mood went to hell. Plus I saw how poorly my body reacts to carbs and sugary things. In the past I tried keto but it was hard to sustain that

Favorite exercise: hiking. I love hiking. Not strolls around the park but full on 3+ hour walks through the woods. A friend of mine and I go out a few times per week, once/wk we do something nearby, the other day we head out in the afternoon then tackle a new trail. I also surf some and have just starting SUPing.

Favorite Primal food: Fresh ground beef, cooked with some coconut oil over steamed veggies, such as broc or carrots.

Best part about being Primal: I'm new to this, still reading the 21 day book, but being healthy able to enjoy life is a big part of it.

Worst part about being Primal: I love great pastries.

NativeHoodrat is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 34 I think

How Primal are you: I am new to Primal and about 3 weeks into Paleo eating.

Do you consume dairy: I no longer eat or drink any dairy products.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes maybe once a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was tired of being overweight and tired. Wanted to be able to play with my 3 year old.

Favorite exercise: Honestly I enjoy running and bear crawling in the yard with my son.

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye steak.

Best part about being Primal: So far the weight loss and energy I have.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss beer. Being in Oregon we have so many Mircos I could easily drink a different one for a year without drinking it twice.

Jeapa is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your locationelaware

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: I just started transitioning about 4 days ago. I would say I am about 80% and hope to be 100% as soon as possible.

Do you consume dairy: I add a little creamer to my coffee and I eat some yogurt and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee and green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am in desperate need of a healthy lifestyle. I am 70lbs overweight, have high blood pressure, hypothyroid, and borderline diabetic.

Favorite exercise: I love hiking, but my health has kept me from doing much exercise the past 6 months or so. I hope to start easing into the primal exercise recommendations as I begin to feel better.

Favorite Primal food: I just got started, but I love a good steak.

Best part about being Primal: I love meat and vegetables so I think this lifestyle will be a good fit for me. I am praying that my health will improve as begin to adopt this new way of living.

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't figured out how to eliminate some things yet. I like eating sandwiches, but bread is not primal. I will need to let go of my love of bread!

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Brooklyn, NY

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: Little to none, if so, butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improve health and body to next level.

Favorite exercise: Pushups!

Best part about being Primal: All the energy

Worst part about being Primal: Friends and family not being primal.

Sharon is offline Member
    Your location: Belgium

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: not sure

Do you consume dairy: none

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea. Lots of it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: health

Favorite exercise: don't know yet.

Favorite Primal food: all of it

Best part about being Primal: have yet to find out

Worst part about being Primal: dito

moonflower474 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New England

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Newbie

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am almost off coffee. Decreasing my consumption with herbal "coffee".

Motivator for switching to Primal: From what I have read, I believe it will address a hormonal imbalance (PCOS), which has been a major contributing factor in obesity in me. It is also naturally gluten-free and wheat-free (there are other proteibs specific to wheat that I am sensitive to in addition to gluten, which is found in several types of grain).

Favorite exercise: kick boxing

Favorite Primal food: Toss up between ribeye or salmon.

Best part about being Primal: So far, not being visciously hungry all of the time.

Worst part about being Primal: meal planning- I'm just not in a rhythm yet, but that will change.

Moonflower