Page 530 of 635 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580630 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 530

tnmiller is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am new to the web site but started paleo in November of 2012 and have had some excellent results. Stated at 185 and got down to 169 but have been stuck there, and have not made any progress towards a leaner body.

I am about 3/4 though the book but looking forward to the change.

The Questions:

Your location:Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: 75 - 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes a little cream in my one cup of coffee I have each day

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried every diet plan know to man kind and this is the only one that really worked. It's no longer a diet it's a way of life.

Favorite exercise: Swimming & Running

Favorite Primal food: Pork

Best part about being Primal: The improvement in my health

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza but have indulged and it does not miss me, I felt terrible afterwords

maggi is offline Junior Member
    Hi I'm Maggi c:

Your location: West Milford, New Jersey

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: What even is bread?

Do you consume dairy: Just butter because it's delicious

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed a change to get me out of my destructive eating disorders. Also to boost my immune function since I'm now spleenless.

Favorite exercise: hiking/climbing any mountains around (terrified of heights, so imagine the hilarity)

Favorite Primal food: any and all seafood

Best part about being Primal: feels good man

Worst part about being Primal: explaining how and why I eat this way to EVERYONE.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cavemanstu is offline Junior Member
    Name: Stuart
    Your location: West Yorkshire UK

Age (If you want): 38 almost 39

How Primal are you: try to be 100% but in reality about 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes just a little milk, find it hard to get raw milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Change in lifestyle for my Kids, I lost a lot of weight on a crash diet and then had problems maintaining it. After speaking to a nutritionist they introduced me to Primal Life and after reading Marks book I am sold.

Favorite exercise: Walking, Cycling and trying kettle bells

Favorite Primal food: MEAT and leaves

Best part about being Primal: Getting rid of the Sugar Cravings, and honestly feeling the best i have ever done

Worst part about being Primal: Being thought of as Weird and going through a phase!. But I just try not to be too pushy about Primal and let people judge of how i feel and look

Catfish97 is offline Junior Member

James - New to Community Forum

Your location: Chesapeake, VA

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: Greek Yogurt and Grass-fed Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. I love coffee but acid reflux prevents me from doing so.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I discovered that I had a gluten allergy. I had horrible symptoms and conventional medicine was not helping (and neither were the doctors)

Favorite exercise: Push-Ups (standard, wide, military, etc.)

Favorite Primal food: Uncured Bacon (from Tendergrass Farms) with local eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Improved health. I haven't felt this good...ever.

Worst part about being Primal: Travelling can be a little tricky, but I am beginning to look at it like a forager.

JamesEub is offline Junior Member
    So i am new to the website, wanted to introduce myself, i have been lifting weights since 2005, i got started in college, i got really big (Fat) and strong, went on a diet in 2010 and have been stuck in a rut since 2011. I'm really looking forward to being primal for the rest of my foreseeable future...

my goal is to get leaner then bulk up quite a bit.. i look goofy right now

The Questions:

Your location: Tigard, OR (Beaverton)

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 90% - 95% (Paleo)

Do you consume dairy: No Dairy yet, i used to eat full fat greek yogurt which i will re-introduce after 8 weeks or so

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried pretty much everything else, i have been stalled at 165lbs for about 1.5 years and i want to get leaner but i just cant it seems like...
    plus my GF is on a PALEO challenge and it motivated me

Favorite exercise: Weight Lifting and Sprinting.. not running (ha)

Favorite Primal food: Beef/Pork

Best part about being Primal: i Love the way i feel most days without the bloat

Worst part about being Primal: All of the smells of the SAD diet... however its easy for me to resist

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Name: Adrian
    Your Location: Cracow, Poland
    How primal are you: 100%
    Do you consume dairy: No
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, quite often
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to gain weight, fought with anorexia and other health problems.
    Favorite exercise: Weight lifting
    Best Primal food: Bacon & eggs fry up
    Best part of being Primal: Better health condition, more energy
    Worst part about being primal: My school mates look when I eat, or when I answer "no" to pice of pizza or crisps.

JenLiana is offline Member
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 90%? I am not sure, I just started a week ago >.>

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I do have about a teaspoon of milk in my coffee in the am, and I eat some cheese, and some yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee - a cup or two a day. I used to use 3 sugars in my coffee, but cut that out when I decided to try this lifestyle. I couldn't give up the milk though, not a huge fan of black coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My kids. I wan't to be healthier for them, and to have more energy to do things with them.

Favorite exercise: I really don't have one yet, I've not really been much of an exerciser before this, so I am slowly trying to incorporate it. Right now, I mostly walk.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. ( course right, being that I am from Canada )

Best part about being Primal: So far, after the initial 4 days ( I felt terrible) I have felt really good. Not very tired, or cranky at all like I used to be, I am not constantly hungry and when I do get hungry, I no longer shake and feel like I am going to faint.

Worst part about being Primal: My husband doesn't understand it, and is constantly trying to tell me what isn't okay to eat and what is. Example : Potatoes are fine, they are a vegetable, eggs are BAD they are full of cholesterol ext. He's been a cook for 13 years of his life and swears he knows nutrition like the back of his hand. Also that he is constantly bringing home ice cream, pizza, and sweets. But I've been able to resist them so I am super happy about that!
    Last edited by JenLiana; 06-11-2013 at 07:13 PM.

ecoboodles is offline Junior Member
    Your location: United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Mostly - apart from when I have a slip up!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only butter and unpasteurised goats cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal only - however some of my occasional 'slip ups' are of the milky tea and sugar variety!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle choice to help with weight, IBS and other health issues. Want to be a healthy mum if and when the time comes.

Favorite exercise: Love pilates and Body Pump class... as for individual exercises, possibly squats.

Favorite Primal food: Ummm... possibly my yummy thai green chicken curry with cauliflower rice, or some yummy primal-friendly carrot cake!

Best part about being Primal: Knowing exactly what is in the food I eat and feeling so much better as a consequence.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain it to people that just see it as another fad. Also, having to try and explain why certain foods are 'not allowed'.

ksagle is offline Member
    Hi everyone!

Your location:Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Not very - just learning about this new concept and I love it!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mainly just cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, black, and the occasional tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: The concept just makes sense to me. I've always kind of known these basic rules but haven't necessarily followed them. I like the thought of having some basic "rules" that I can follow.

Favorite exercise: Anything outdoors, any sport!

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up cheese and pasta!! I am on the road a lot and I feel like eating out will definitely be challenging. I don't want to do this for a little while and give up on it - I don't want a "fad diet", I want to actually make a lifestyle change and I'm worried about my ability to do that.

Primal Lynn is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I started my first Whole30 on May 19, 2013. I feel so great I plan to continue that indefinitely. I've adjusted my workouts to be inline with the Primal Blueprint.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 4 oz black organic cold-brewed coffee per day, recently adding organic coconut oil and ghee to make bulletproof coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Energy, physical and mental health, nutrition, mental clarity, physical appearance

Favorite exercise: easy pace biking, walking, Tabata squats, weighted front squats, planks, chest-to-floor pushups, assisted pull-ups

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, steak, coconut manna, shredded sauteed veggies

Best part about being Primal: Feeling energized, focused, satiated and more in touch with my emotions, learning to cook, changes to physical appearance

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling judgmental of and helpless over loved ones' non-Primal choices when they suffer from inflammation-related diseases and disorders but are not interested in considering changing their eating habits.