stephyogameup is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi!

Your location: Hartford, CT

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 80/20 for the past 7/8 months

Do you consume dairy: Nope, I'm lactose intolerant

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lactose intolerant, gluten intolerant. This way of eating really has helped with all my stomach issues!

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs & bacon; hamburgers!

Best part about being Primal: Not having stomach aches, feeling full longer

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling like I want to die after eating anything non-primal; not being able to drink as much Guinness as I want!

Froggy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Spokane, Washington

Age (If you want): 15

How Primal are you: I'm really good during the week, but the weekends, I am 80/20.

Do you consume dairy: Only cottage cheese, but very rarely.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Got a stomach ulcer from high school stress, and I knew my diet wasn't as healthy as it should be. My violin teacher recommended me to the site, and I have been primal ever since!

Favorite exercise: Hiking!

Favorite Primal food: Bacon wrapped oysters! yum-yum!

Best part about being Primal: Having tons of energy, and feeling great physically and mentally.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss brownies and ice cream, which I will still cheat for occasionally.

jonddc is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Milwaukee, WI

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Not often. Cheese on occasion.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Cold brewed, low-acidity coffee. Occasional tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss. General health.

Favorite exercise: Walking, swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Raw plants.

Best part about being Primal: Eating clean, whole foods.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out/planning ahead.

wilderw1 is offline Junior Member

Smile Why not go back to the roots

[QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Berlin Germany

Age (If you want):52

How Primal are youartially primal (80-20)

Do you consume dairy: yes, Butter And cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes, Black coffee And Green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:its Good for My Health, And it Feels Good

Favorite exercise:Sprints and Lifting tree stumps

Favorite Primal food:Steak&Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Self Control

Worst part about being Primal: is that i did'nt start years ago

ironlady_jess is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dunnville, Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 25 on June 26th.

How Primal are you: I am returning to the lifestyle

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and some milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: I seldom drink both

Motivator for switching to Primal: It seems to go hand in hand with Crossfit, and now that I have moved, I have the means to stick to it, and plus my CF coaches are a big motivator.

Favorite exercise: Olympic lifts, especially the Clean and Jerk

Favorite Primal food: Haven't found it yet, but I did enjoy a stuffing I made once, bacon, sausage, sweet potatoes, cranberries, apple, onions, celery, that's primal right? lol.

Best part about being Primal: The creativity it allows for when I'm cooking

Worst part about being Primal- The food hangovers when I have a "cheat" day lol.

badwolf is offline Member

Hi, all!

Your location: USA (Nashville, TN)

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I'm not, just yet. Still learning.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I quite enjoy it

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several reasons - just turned 30 & really thinking about how I care for my body. Plus, a goal I set for this year was to learn more about processed foods and making ethical/responsible decisions regarding where my food comes from, how it's grown, who worked to grow it... Like I said, several reasons. I feel like TPB fits several of my goals.

Favorite exercise: Swimming and Tennis

Favorite Primal food: I'm guessing it will be steak

Best part about being Primal: I'm looking forward to finding out

Worst part about being Primal: it may depend on whether or not I will be able to convince my DH to join me

offroadannie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ireland

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Been a yo-yo primal eater for the past 6 months. Followed a whole30 for 52 days initially, then have swayed between primal and eating whatever-whenever since.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, but could do without it most of the time

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have spent the past 7 years focused on my young family, and none of them slept properly until nearly 3! About 6 months ago, the youngest started to sleep thru the night and I started to come out of that cloud of sleep deprivation, sugar binging to stay on my feet during the day, and forgetting about healthy food. Now I'm starting to feel more like myself, but don't look like myself anymore at all So now is the time - to feel healthy, look great, have lots of energy, teach good eating practices to my 3 daughters, and all the rest

Favorite exercise: I like a mixture tbh. Running, swimming, circuits. I have just realised that there is a fitness academy near where I live that does crossfit. I will be starting in September when the youngest goes to playschool.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb, no contest

Best part about being Primal: The joyful feeling of being truly alive

Worst part about being Primal: Scrambled egg without toast. I can do eggs any other way without carbs, so need to find a good substitute.

Kinikinik is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm Kinikinik (my Dad's choice of name...)

Your location: Austin, TX

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Have been all primal for about a year, partly primal for a long time before that

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: I do cancer and nutrition research; it seemed like a good idea. Also, the whole family went primal in solidarity when my dad became pre-diabetic (he isn't anymore).

Favorite exercise: dancing, yoga, weight-lifting

Favorite Primal food: ice-cream (I make it myself)

Best part about being Primal: The food.

Worst part about being Primal: pain au chocolat, mille feuille (honest answer: nothing, because next time I'm in France, I'll eat them both anyway.)

wiliamsth is offline Junior Member
    my age is 19 living in an asiatic town. i am less piramal, i love junk...

joapple is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all!

I'm from the UK, living in the south west of England. I'm in my early forties, and I'm just starting my primal journey. This week I have begun to cut out all grains, save a tiny quantity of oats some mornings. I'm vegetarian so I'm aware that I'm going to find it a bit tougher than some, but these are very early days - long term I'm hoping to add meat and fish to my diet, if I can overcome my squeamishness! In the mean time I'm clinging onto dairy with a death grip

I drink both tea and coffee, both with milk and (atm) a tiny amount of sugar, although I have been experimenting with molasses in my coffee which tastes awesome!

I'm making the switch to primal for several reasons, in no particular order of importance:
    ~ I've recently become engaged to a man who is in fantastic shape and I want to be able to keep up
    ~ a friend told me about someone for whom going primal worked
    ~ I work in a gift shop which gets tourists from all around the country and the world, and, quite frankly, I'm terrified by the shape and size of the majority of people I see every day
    ~ I want more energy
    ~ I want to look amazing on my wedding day - I've never been married before

My favourite exercise is walking - I do about 4-6 hours a week to and from work, plus being on my feet and busy most days.

My favourite primal food so far is probably cheese omelette with walnuts and spinach, but I'm looking forward to eventually having fillet steak.

I'm still finding out about being primal, but one of the best things is most definitely the information available here! The worst? I'm currently going through the bread cravings....