Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 527

Shazba7 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location:
    Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    I've been looking into the Primal Blueprint for a while now mostly by collecting the books. I've finally decided it's time to change mine and my husband's lifestyle and become Primal.

Do you consume dairy:
    I've been eating yogurt lately and I like cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    I try not to drink coffee but I find it helps me wake up when I go to work. I drink black tea with one teaspoon of raw sugar. These habits will change once I fully implement the primal blueprint.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I'm sick of feeling tired and lathargic all the time and it takes me a long time to get over illnesses. My husband plays cricket and wants to lose weight and get fit (both of us want to do this) so that is extra motivation! I'm really looking forward to the change!

Favorite exercise:
    Mainly power walking but I'm hoping to start running as well. I also like pilates.

Favorite Primal food:
    Chicken thighs

Best part about being Primal:
    I'm looking forward to feeling better about myself and feeling better!

Worst part about being Primal:
    I don't think there is anything bad about being Primal. I just need to implement it and not get overwelmed with all the information!

GrayHairedHippie is offline Junior Member
    Saying hello from Virginia. I'm on day 29 of my first Whole30 and plan on sticking close to the plan, i.e., as paleo as possible. I've heard good things about Mark's Daily Apple, so here I am. Looking forward to reading and learning, and when I don't sound quite as daft, maybe even posting a bit.

mart1449 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Michigan

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Follow Primal Blueprint Fitness and try to eat as Primally as possible, plus Mark Sisson is sort of my hero, so I'm pretty primal

Do you consume dairy:

Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Usually no coffee, but I have a cup of green tea a day

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Health, fitness, and wellness are passions of mine, and I love how being Primal is not obsessive like a lot of other health regimens

Favorite exercise:

I like pushups and pullups

Favorite Primal food:

Wild-caught alaskan canned salmon, kind of too expensive for me to try and get fresh

Best part about being Primal:

Less worries, feeling good, and good health

Worst part about being Primal:

Modern world is opposed to it

PrimalMonkRocker is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: usa

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: just starting, but trying to be pretty primal

Do you consume dairy: not to start out, might try kefir later (i love kefir, i make it from real kefir grains)

Do you drink coffee or tea: lots of coffee. its the only vice i have left. i talked to grok about it he said it was fine

Motivator for switching to Primal: getting older, fatter and lazier...carbs were really an addiction and i felt tired and sluggish immediately after a binge

Favorite exercise: running and old school strength training (starrs 5x5 and starting strength type workouts

Favorite Primal food: bone in ribeye

Best part about being Primal: so far more energy and less cravings

Worst part about being Primal: i have for kids, it is gonna be a problem being primal all the time, but i go with the flow...i bet grok wouldnt pass up a pizza

writermama is offline Junior Member
    Your location: northshore, massachusetts

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: been phasing out non-primal stuff over a month, now trying to eat mostly primal with one cheat a week.

Do you consume dairy: a small amount, raw milk and some yogurt and a little cheese every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea: a little tea and one cup of coffee on weekends.

Motivator for switching to Primal: quoting primalmonkrocker here: "getting older, fatter and lazier...carbs were really an addiction and i felt tired and sluggish immediately after a binge." perfect.

Favorite exercise: long hikes in the woods and mountains, swimming in natural water

Favorite Primal food: chuck roast, sweet potatoes, dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal: lost 8 lbs this month. that is a plus. and knowing i am doing what is best for my body, healing it. i am super excited to watch my body transform into a healthy power house.

Worst part about being Primal: missing croissants and pizza (which now my weekly cheat meal)

hwjones is offline Junior Member
    Your location: San Antonio TX

Age (If you want): 28 on July 1st.

How Primal are you: I am...getting my toes wet.

Do you consume dairy: Yes but not as much as I used to. Mostly skim milk in coffee occasionally and cheese from time to time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both ...

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband kept telling me about this lifestyle because he was having issues with gluten and it took me awhile to research the information on my own but now I log into MDA at least once a day to see what is new.

Favorite exercise: Treadmill, but I know I need to get more primal exercises going...any suggestions for a 5 foot tall female?

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed meat with no nitrates and raw veggies.

Best part about being Primal: Not being stuck in conventional wisdom and thinking outside the box.

Worst part about being Primal- There is so much information and I wish my brain could store all of it, and at times I forget what is primal and what isn't.

RayDWeger is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hwjones View Post
    Your location: San Antonio TX

Age (If you want): 28 on July 1st.

How Primal are you: I am...getting my toes wet.

Do you consume dairy: Yes but not as much as I used to. Mostly skim milk in coffee occasionally and cheese from time to time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both ...

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband kept telling me about this lifestyle because he was having issues with gluten and it took me awhile to research the information on my own but now I log into MDA at least once a day to see what is new.

Favorite exercise: Treadmill, but I know I need to get more primal exercises going...any suggestions for a 5 foot tall female?

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed meat with no nitrates and raw veggies.

Best part about being Primal: Not being stuck in conventional wisdom and thinking outside the box.

Worst part about being Primal- There is so much information and I wish my brain could store all of it, and at times I forget what is primal and what isn't.
    Hello Fellow San Antonians my wife & I have been doing the primal thing since March and just recently joined a couple of primal meetup groups here in SA. If you guys need any info Deb & are glad to help out.

Good luck
    Ray

aubbob is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Oregon

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Just starting to get into this. I haven't read The Primal Blueprint yet, but I've been lurking around MDA for ages now. I want to get fit and stop feeling like crap.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Will I in the future? I don't know.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea weekly, coffee every once in awhile. I do work at a coffee shop, but espresso makes me feel like a weirdo.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to feel good! After being told first that I was intolerant to a bunch of stuff, then later told I had IBS, I am ready to look into something longterm to make myself feel good all the time.

Favorite exercise: Hiking and ultimate frisbee

Favorite Primal food: We'll see.

Best part about being Primal: n/a

Worst part about being Primal: n/a, but the thought of carb flu and getting rid of all of that stuff makes me nervous.

myzander is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I'm getting there, I still use condiments here and there. I've been doing primal for a month now and have lost 14lbs.

Do you consume dairy: Some, maybe one a week I will have a "taco" salad with cheese and sour cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do. I make bulletproof coffee in the morning (one cup) then I might have a iced tea in the evening with dinner (unsweetened of course ;-) )

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been low carb for awhile now. My sister in-law told me about MDA about a month ago. And I've been hooked ever since..

Favorite exercise: Biking, walking, skating <-- I really want to get into roller derby, and swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: The best part is feeling so great, mentally and physically. Also with eating this way I'm always satisfied after I eat and I feel full (which I usually wouldn't until I stuffed with carbs)

Worst part about being Primal: If I had to pick would be explaining myself to everyone as to why I don't eat certain things.

cdhooke is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Australia (Melbourne)

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: I aim not to.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes black coffee and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fructose malabsorption, acne, chronic fatigue, sleep stress...etc

Favorite exercise: Weights, cycling

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: taking a shit's not such a big deal anymore

Worst part about being Primal: social pressure. I live with family who keep telling me i need a bowl of cereal in the morning.