Page 524 of 638 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534574624 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 524

Jennag93 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: USA

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Gradually increasing, only been at it for a few weeks, aiming towards 100%

Do you consume dairy: a little, But trying to cut it out

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes sense

Favorite exercise: Climbing trees!

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, anything coconut

Best part about being Primal: So much energy, I feel like I jus discovered some amazing secret

Worst part about being Primal: As a college student it can be hard to eat primal

Castle is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Various parts of WI (at different times, of course!)

How Primal are you: Very. Unless you count sleep.

Do you consume dairy: On occasion. I love dairy a lot more than it loves me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mmm...coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I spent my life putting all kinds of weird chemical substances in my body, and I really, really got sick of it. I guess this sort of seemed like an extension of that.

Favorite exercise: Running. Although anything done at Crossfit is cool too.

Favorite Primal food: A carrot and apple hash with ground beef and mayo.

Best part about being Primal: How awesome I feel!

Worst part about being Primal: How hard it is to eat anything but what I cook.

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    Your location: Texas

How Primal are you: Not 100%, but I'm working on it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I enjoy browsing lewrockwell.com, and I noticed that several of my favorite writers had dropped A LOT of weight in a short amount of time. They all used The Primal Blueprint to do so, so I decided to learn more about Primal living and to give it a try.

Favorite exercise: I enjoy strength training the most.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I always have energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Beer isn't exactly encouraged.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Beachbrat is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone!

Age: old enough to know better but still young enough not to care, too much!

How primal: right now about 75-80%, would like to be more

Consume dairy: yes

Coffee or tea: tea all the time with an occasional cup of Starbucks sometimes working 12 hr shifts requires a pick up.

Motivation to going primal: mostly health but my husband also has a lot to do with it. And the fact that the Primal Blueprint makes complete sense to me helps.

Favorite exercise: right now it would have to be walking and swimming

Favorite primal food: don't know yet

Best part: feeling better and watching BG numbers coming down

Worst part: overcoming carb addiction and falling off track

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Your location : Montreal, Canada
    How primal are you: I'm not too sure how to answer that, because at times I'm 100% primal and at times i completely fall off the primal wagon.
    Do you consume dairy: Nope!
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Not since i started primal, I think.
    Motivator for starting primal: I'd previously lost a lot of weight (unhealthily) which led to a lot of health problems. So i had to gain quite a bit of it back. Primal seemed like it would help with my horrible relationship with food (and help me shed fat, if i could stick to it properly!)
    Favorite exercise: Powerlifting (dead lifts, squats and bench press)
    Favorite primal food: chicken!
    Best part of being primal: I feel clean (both mentally and physically)
    Worst part of being primal: How horrible i feel when i dont eat primal - like i'm cheating my body out of goodness.
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

The Feral Forager is offline Junior Member
    Hi! It's great to be here.

Your location: Indianapolis, IN, USA

How Primal are you: I would love to be 100% primal, but I have been falling off the wagon lately due to stress. I will say that I give a lot of thought to every meal, even if I don't make it into the Primal category. I have been doing Whole9 for almost a year now, but haven't been able to find much middle ground. I miss grass fed yogurt and butter and some complex carbs that aren't strictly allowed with a paleo framework. I'm hoping Sisson will shed some light on this for me.

Do you consume dairy: I'd like to add healthier dairy choices (grass fed) back into my diet. I don't seem to have too much of a problem with yogurt or butter. Ice cream and cream cheese definitely make my tum gurgle.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Ugh, yes. I love black coffee and teas. I have symptoms of PMDD and I want to do everything I can to make it better. I think reducing caffeine might help. I really want to believe that PMDD and a lot of psychiatric illnesses can be cleared up with removing foods that cause inflammation, reducing stress, and getting better sleep.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Paleo seems arbitrarily strict to me now, although the jury is still out. Sisson seems to really follow research very closely. I like how he feels and what he knows about seeds like chia, for instance. I also feel absolutely terrible lately because I haven't been able to stay strict with my whole9 foods. The siren call of sugar is what has landed me in hot water again. I've got central obesity and stiffness everywhere caused by systemic inflammation. I just feel so, so good when I eat better. Cannot wait to get back there!

Favorite exercise: For now, only walking the dog and yoga. I need more exercise to make serotonin, as I suffer from depression. I'd like to join a crossfit gym for the camaraderie while I work out. Still haven't decided, but I know I need a social component to my workouts to keep me interested and motivated.

Favorite Primal food: Deconstructed burger salad with all the condiments. This meal makes me feel incredible!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling so much better in pretty much every way. Without eating clean, I know I am a very unwell individual; all of my health problems seem to be diet related. Also, not being an absolute slave to sugar is priceless.

Worst part about being Primal: It is a lot more challenging to make dining out and eating with others worth it. Eating out can be really great and fun, but I have to find compliant, exciting restaurants that are willing to let me ask questions (when they're not busy, of course). I will not patronize a place where the staff isn't accommodating. Sadly, a lot of places employ servers that act put out or ignore requests. Still, there are more and more places popping up with a primal vibe. I also dislike the food fixation and pushing from the rest of the world, but this is something everyone in our community has to put up with and eventually get over.

dcarroll_19 is online now Junior Member
    Just getting started. I have spent a lot of time reading information from this site. I can already see a change in my body with less than 2 weeks of eating changes. 2 new books (The Primal Blueprint and The Primal Blueprint 21 Day Total Body Transformation) will arrive today and I will be able to speak the language a little better, hopefully.

Your location: Dublin, VA

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: I'm not sure I can answer that question yet. I still have a lot to learn. Right now I am eating organic fruits and vegetables and making the best meat/egg decisions I can based on availability and what I understand so far. I have cut out 98% of the breads/cereals/grains/sugar/potato chips/etc that I used to eat. I have reduced the amount of fruit I eat. I have tried IF for periods of about 15 hours with success. Excercise includes pushups/pullups/planks/squats 2 times a week with a dumbbell workout 1 day a week, walking 4 days a week, but I have yet to sprint in my first 2 weeks after discovering MDA. I'm still working on getting more sleep and I have had a hard time getting sunshine with all of the rain we've had lately. I enjoy the outdoors and hunting so getting out in nature is not a problem for me.

Do you consume dairy: about 8oz of Organic milk 3 times a week, occasional yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was excercising daily and saw little change. I felt sluggish and weak. A lack of progress also meant a lack of motivation. I bounced around from website to website with conflicting advice everywhere I went. I stumbled on to crossfit. The hours of my local box didn't really work with my schedule so I searched for alternatives. One of the searches brought me to MDA. I read articles, forum posts and viewed some of MANY success stories. I decided to experiment a little with this "Primal thing". After the first week I noticed changes in my body composition and how I felt. Excercising was fun. I wasn't discouraged by my efforts, instead I was motivated to complete my workout. I have more energy. I REALLY enjoy the food I've been eating. I also though back to a period of time when I felt really healthy. During that time I did a lot of walking. I guess the motivator for me is that Primal seems natural to me. Primal is all of the things I enjoy. Meats, vegetables, walking, sleeping, bodyweight excercises, playing chase with dog (sprinting), hunting, getting outside, enjoying the sunshine.

Favorite exercise: it's toss up between pushups and walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, eggs, ground beef.

Best part about being Primal: It's natural and it's easy. I hate that it took me 40 years to find it.

Worst part about being Primal: The worst part would be finding food subsitutes when you go out with family/friends. I don't always choose the location. This is where the 80/20 rule would come in I guess.

Thanks for letting me share. I am generally a lurker, and there are plenty of threads to read.

DesertDave is offline Junior Member

it's me... DesertDave!

Well, I'm just discovering this part of my path... A Brief History of Dave: 53 Retired Navy guy living in the Middle East since 2000... never very fit but on and off attempts.

Feb 2011 - 218lb, high cholesterol (controlled with lipitor), able to "jog" a 5k in about 55 min!! you get the picture.... Start on a 'fitness kick', guy gives me some Vibrams, I read Born to run and start loking into things.

Nov 2011 - 188lb, cholesterol in norms, taking niacin, fish oil, garlic. run Rock n Roll Half Marathon in 2:31.

then till now... slow creep in weight, some minor fatigue issues... still running etc. Found the Primal meet up and it led me to this site. Just bought the PBP and cook book. Met the local PBP ninja and looks forward to learning more n more!

The Questions:

Your location: Central TX

Age (If you want): 53.648

How Primal are you: medium

Do you consume dairy: Some yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Haven't gotten there yet...

Favorite exercise: running, circuit training are ok... but mostly I love to get out in the woods and run, jump, swing, and do push ups sit ups etc as I go.

Favorite Primal food: Love me some chicken or beef - local grass fed longhorn! i like Buffalo and elk etc.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling clean on the inside!

Worst part about being Primal: Pain in the butt if your family isn't there yet. Small thing.

DesertDave is offline Junior Member
    Welcome... i'm new too. What is CW and GW?

Kathimcmike is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The questions makes it easier, so here it is

Age (If you want): 45 years old

How Primal are you: 90/10 most days

Do you consume dairy: cream in my one cup of coffee, a sprinkle of cheese or a dollup of sour cream occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee and depending on the day a few cups of herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Felt like I was heading towards the Metabolic syndrome, want to be healthier and a good role model for my kids.

Favorite exercise: Swimming but my access is limited, so I utilize my treadmill and bike riding with my family.

Favorite Primal food: eggs, almonds, avocados, bacon, strawberries, spinach, kale...

Best part about being Primal: It is fresh and it feels right.

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining why I eat they way I do and people say, "I could never do that." My favorite response is, "If your life depended on it, I bet you could and would."

I have 3 struggles right now; I want to see some more weight come off (so I am starting the Primal fitness), I am trying to get my kids (soon to be 13 and 11) to eat this way and for the most part they are ok with it, and being able to go organic for all my meats (right now, I can manage and afford hormone and antibiotic free.)