Page 523 of 638 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523524525533573623 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,230 of 6375

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 523

prizmev is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Newbie. I stopped eating wheat/gluten in December/January after my mother-in-law was diagnosed with celiac disease, which reminded me that I also react to wheat and shouldn't eat it either. After a brief stint with Wheat Belly, I lost 5lbs and was feeling less bloated. Further study led me to Primal Blueprint (many roads lead to MDA!), and after dropping dairy and most grains/legumes I've lost an additional 10lbs, and I've started having that after-glow feeling after a meal of a pleasantly full belly and no gas.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hooked on espresso

Motivator for switching to Primal: By following the food guidelines, I eliminate almost everything I react to (wheat/gluten, corn, dairy). I also like the notion of being physically fit but not being extreme about it.

Favorite exercise: Long walks (3-4 miles) with my dog on the weekend days. Have started working on the core exercises, and am seriously looking into joining one of the local CrossFit gyms.

Favorite Primal food: Beef or pork chops without trimming the fat off.

Best part about being Primal: I feel great! (even my beginning level)

Worst part about being Primal: My family is not Primal, so meal planning can be interesting.

perrym is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone

Your location: Louisiana

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: just began last week

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaff coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: for heart health and weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: ability to eat meat

Worst part about being Primal: no pasta

raikay is offline Member
    I guess it's about time I join this thread so here goes...

Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): older than I feel!

How Primal are you: During the week 95%+ on the weekends probably closer to 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not as much as I used to

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, coffee in the winter and cold mornings, iced tea on hot ones

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fibromyalgia and wanting to be healthier

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts and Leg Presses. Squats aren't bad either

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Bacon Actually the best part is that my pain is pretty much non-existent, it has gotten me 100% off my neurontin, vicodin and flexeril that I was on for years for the pain and symptoms, and I haven't needed a trigger-point shot at all in 2013!!

Worst part about being Primal: My daughter likes to bake and justifying to people that yes, I can get carbs without eating grains.

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Chicago suburb

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: just starting but plan to drink on Friday night date nights with hubby and also carb load the night before races once a month Otherwise I will stick to it all the way!

Do you consume dairy: yes... love coffee with cream!

Do you drink coffee or tea: lots of coffee and occasionally tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to live my best life and be a great example to my kids and I hope to always look great!

Favorite exercise: Running races

Favorite Primal food: hmmm... do I get to eat chocolate?

Best part about being Primal: I can't answer this yet but I hope to lose these pesky 5 lbs I put on this winter

Worst part about being Primal: Social gatherings

Shotglass is offline Member
    Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: fairly

Do you consume dairy: natural yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee & green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: get healthy (translation: vanity - wanting to drop my spare tire )

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: a nice bloody steak :-)

Best part about being Primal: the strange look on others' faces when they realize that I don't eat grains

Worst part about being Primal: family that's still sucked into CW

Rigger400 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Durban South Africa

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Not very

Do you consume dairy: Bit of yoghurt every morning

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mainly to improve my health. I am not overweight but am finding that I am getting physically sluggish.

Favorite exercise: Motorcycling and running. I also do as much strength exercise as I can on my garden/plot. Chopping trees, clearing bramble, building walls, that sort of thing.

Favorite Primal food: Good fresh vegetables.

Best part about being Primal: No bloated feelings

Worst part about being Primal: The flack I am picking up from my wife who must have rice, potatoes or pasta for dinner.

Seasoned is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone

Your location: York, England

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: I have just found this site this week and have started reading about it. I want to go primal and will be shopping at the weekend.

Do you consume dairy: At the mo, butter, cheese and milk. Not sure what to eat or not yet as I am still learning.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes at mo

Motivator for switching to Primal: My weight, my blood sugar swings, body fat rising, feeling like crap, bloating after eating grains, underactive thyroid - I just want to eat a healthy selection of food that will give me energy and help me feel good inside and out

Favorite exercise: Running and weight training

Favorite Primal food: It all sounds good!

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet, hopefully feeling better than I do now.

Worst part about being Primal: Scared about not having my coffee, milk, butter and cheese. Worried about being hungry at work and not being able to do my job properly. This has been my previous experience when trying to eat healthily. That and wild blood sugar swings from all the low fat and carbs.

Still finding my way round the site and looking for food ideas.

WTAV is offline Junior Member
    Michigan

Just starting the primal life, so I don't have much going on here yet.

I consume dairy on occasion, usually cheese or yogurt, not a huge milk fan. Butter sometimes.

I drink coffee and tea, never with any added stuffs, always been black and bitter for me.

Motivated by tired of being blah and friends leading me here.

Squats are becoming the favorite exercise because of how they make me feel overall.

Favorite food is meat, bar-none.

Best part of being Primal is knowing my life is going to change.

Worst part is change is hard.

Green Deane Guest
    Currently traisping around central Florida but that could change in a couple of months. My age? I started out life as a child and it has been downhill ever since. How primal? Most of the time: Homemade yogurt is probably the greatest and consistent offense mixed with whey protein (lift three days a week, exercise seven.) Cheese, green tea and decaf coffee are on the menu (along with a huge amount of edible wild plants, my area of expertise and income.) How did I arrive on the doorstep of primal? Nine years ago I gave a speech and noticed in the video that I had lost my six pack and was working on a keg. I went on Atkins and stayed there. About seven years ago the essence of Paleo was around in various forms and names and it seemed to me to be a refinement of Atkins so it was an easy move. Also by then I was a severe critic of the institutional ignorance of nutrition. Primal is an extention of that. I don't have a favorite exercise and think the best thing about going to the gym is leaving it. But I do enjoy canoing, kayaking, biking, and all forms of dancing. Favorite primal food? Smoked salmon, steak tartare, sashimi et cetera. The best part about being primal is being healthy. The worst part? Eating things I don't eat usually to be polite now and then. Lastly, how do we put our photo in our posts?

CSalley is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Katy, TX

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I'm just starting out, so I don't know yet. I'll soon be well on my way to being 100% primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, the more the merrier.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I love black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: After watching Fathead and that we've all been fooled when it comes to overall health and weight loss. Apparently I have been waiting all my life for someone to make a documentary to spell everything out for me.

Favorite exercise: I like any strength training more than anything else. I HATE cardio

Favorite Primal food: Meat, cheese, and milk

Best part about being Primal: I get to eat FAT!

Worst part about being Primal: Cutting out grains. I also love pasta. I'm not quitting entirely...........yet. I tried that once and I ended up with the worst headaches, so I am slowly weaning myself off.