Page 522 of 625 FirstFirst ... 22422472512520521522523524532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 6242

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 522

rcav8r is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now

How primal: Just starting actually. In fact, halfway through the book, but I have also read "the paleo diet", so I have a pretty good grasp on the basics I think.

Dairy: not anymore. I used to drink several glasses of milk/chocolate milk a day, in BIG cups. I think I may have one occasionally in the future, I'm sure.

Coffee or Tea: not a drinker of either.

Motivation: Getting fat and unhealthy again. Many years ago when low carb was all the rage, I lost about 45# down to 190# which was the healthiest I'd been in my adult life. Then the holidays came along and I fell off the wagon...who knew the tailgate was so slippery...
    A few years ago, I got into triathlons. My eating style was the CW of the triathlete crowd. Got down to about 205-210.
    Then about 3 years ago, I was in the middle of a remodel of my house, and I felt I had to give up working out in order to get the house moving. I also slipped into eating fast food again, almost every day on the way to work (I work nights).
    Now I'm up to a whopping 254#, have aches and pains, and a CPAP machine (already down to 247, probably water weight and dropping the fast food, etc). Primal seems to be the better way right now...remember, I'm just starting out.

Favorite exercise: I guess it'll be walking and biking for the moment. I'll get into lifting later this week. Sprints will wait till I drop a few more #.

Favorite food: Nothing yet really. I'm still trying several recipes.

Best part of primal: don't really have an opinion yet.

Worst part: Having to start eating veggies again. That's been a problem with all "diets" for me. Salads are pretty boring, but I'm seeing some recipes in the user contributed cookbook that look tempting, plus the meat recipes with the "built in" veggies look tempting, such as the pork stuff peppers in the same cookbook. Also, I'm still having to buy conventional store bought meats, as organics aren't in the budget yet. I think they'll gradually be added on as I "stockpile" frozen primal meals so I can stagger purchases.

seejaneslim is offline Junior Member
    Howdy, y'all!

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, all pastured dairy, except I'm not a big milk drinker.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, BP coffee in the morning and iced tea when it's hot outside.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I started strict paleo the first week of January, and had great weight loss results, but I wanted to re-incorporate dairy.

Favorite exercise: Jumping on and off of pretty much anything. Squats (did I just say that out loud?).

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Weight loss, feeling great.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up a lot of *convenient* foods, but meal planning has helped with that. Also, my live-in DB does paleo but doesn't eat any dairy (LI), which means he can't eat everything I can, but for the most part it doesn't seem to bother him.

OptiGirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: SE Wisconsin

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you:80%?

Do you consume dairy: don't drink milk, but i have full fat butter, cream, and cheese in small amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, try to have only 1 cofee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I felt so darn hungry all the time and would get crabby and anxious

Favorite exercise: monkey bars! headstands, wall climbs

Favorite Primal food: bacon and eggs fried in bacon grease

Best part about being Primal: not having to eat every few hours and being anxious about skipping a meal and wanting to eat my arm off

Worst part about being Primal: hard to say 'no' to pastries in social gatherings. AND getting weird looks when playing on a playground

shaneremington is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Asheville NC, USA

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Newborn, 2 weeks in on the diet

Do you consume dairy: Not any more. I haven't consumed milk in years because its nasty smelling. Cheese was hard but I'm done

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the early AM and Tea all day long

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight struggles and a lifestyle change

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Animals

Best part about being Primal: Hitting large rocks with branches and grunting loud

Worst part about being Primal: People looking at me weird when I hit large rocks and grunt really loud

VenenumM is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Mexico

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Trying to be mostly. I am currently on meat/fats/veggies only. I am having a harder time with sleep cycle and exercise.

Do you consume dairy: nope. Miss cheese so bad!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but black coffee only and nothing in teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have enjoyed similar meal plans before. I got introduced to this through cross fit community.

Favorite exercise: Weights!

Favorite Primal food: Definitely fish. I could eat every fish all day!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better.

Worst part about being Primal: I am too poor! I spend about twice as much on food now (probably more) and it is hard to stay within my means.

clent586 is offline Junior Member
    The obligatory first post.........

My name is Clent and I am a full time firefighter paramedic. I had really gotten slack over the last couple of years after taking several promotions and being less utilized as a work horse and more in the leadership position. Just about all of the guys in the house are in top shape and several follow the primal way. I must admit that as a skeptic, I now believe in the change of lifestyle! I have more energy now than I have had in several years. I have been changing a lot of bad habits and trying to stay as strict as I can with the plan. I have been on the primal plan for 26 days and have lost a total of 16 lbs. I have a good bit more to lose but I am well on my way. Stats requested below.....Thanks!

Your location:

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: about 65% right now but getting better since I am figuring things out.

Do you consume dairy: only cheese occasionally, but can take or leave it

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: seeing other people around me with tons of energy!

Favorite exercise: I walk a 5k cross country trail 3-4 times a week

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye steak!

Best part about being Primal: renewed energy and libido

Worst part about being Primal: probably the bread and mexican restaurant chips and salsa

Gemini5785 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle, WA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Started the Primal Lifestyle a little after January of 2012. Took about a month to have my metabolism adjust to the new lifestyle, and for my urges to eat lots of grains and carbs to die down. But after the first month, lbs were shedding weekly. Lost a total of 60 lbs in 3.5 months. Then decided to stop and enjoy the food of Seattle, but still remaining partially primal. Kept my grain and rice portions as small as I can. Asking for substitutes whenever I can. I just restarted being fully primal just earlier this month. So at the moment, I am back to being very primal. Been lifting 3 days a week. In between the lift days, I swim 2 days a week. One day out of the week I go for a 15+ mile urban walk through the local trails or just wander through the City of Seattle. I go clubbing twice a week, and believe it or not, I go to dance and sweat my ass off. My rest day is usually Sunday.

Do you consume dairy: Very rarely. PS. I still occasionally cheat once in a while with a spoonful of ice cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: To feel good!

Favorite exercise: Walking long distances. Swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling more alive than before. And having so much energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Sucks when eating out. Practically no where to go eat

primalfoodie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I am brand new to the Primal lifestyle and truthfully just started reading the website yesterday.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am obese and need to find a way to get to a healthy weight. Though I don't have any health problems, I'm starting to feel some aches and pains and would rather not go down the road of severe health issues in the long run.

Favorite exercise: Walking, swimming

Thank you for creating such a wonderful resource for those of us who don't know where to start, but have a long road ahead.

vikyb is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Introducing myself feels pretty daunting, as I've been lurking for quite some time!
    I'm a mum of a 3yo boy who had the unfortunate fate of following the CW diet religiously, and consequently ended up over 102kg earlier this year
    Looking for solutions has led me here, thanks to a gentleman that I really owe an apology to (for being a pigheaded CW loyalist!!!!)
    Anyway, I'll start a journal to introduce my self a bit better

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 95% - my only treat is a hot chocolate (raw cacao and Cadbury drinking chocolate 1:1)
    and a primal chocolate cake for my son's birthday (but it's way too sweet now!)

Do you consume dairy: minimal, grated cheese or yoghurt twice a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, and a desire to find the best mum I could be

Favourite exercise: walking!

Favourite Primal food: enjoying it all really, tastes so much better these days.

Best part about being Primal: Not having a yucky tummy all the time! Feeling so much better

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining it's not a 'fad', it's not a 'lifestyle', it's how I feel the best!

luckylegs is offline Junior Member
    Here goes!

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes - Milk and occassionally cheese

Do you drink tea and coffee: Yes

Motivator for switching to primal: Problems with disordered eating and wanting to lose some weight

Favourite exercise: Definitely Bodybuilding

Favourite Primal Food: Everything......apart from shellfish......bleaaargh

Best part about being primal: delicious guilt free food

Worst part about being primal: Can't think of one