Page 521 of 630 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571621 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 6295

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 521

Karapn is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Welcome!

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    Welcome and best of luck on your journey.

Karapn is offline Member
    Warm welcome!

Karapn is offline Member
    Wow...SIX kids...now that's a challenge in itself. Warm welcome and best of luck on your Primal journey.

Karapn is offline Member
    Welcome lace. and best of luck on your Primal journey.

Karapn is offline Member
    Big warm welcome PaleoBeth!

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello Grokette_wannabe! I'm pretty new, too. I complete my 2nd week today. So scale appt. tomorrow morning 6 am sharp
    Anyway - not sure if this will help you or not, but my first week I made sure to concentrate on having more protein at each meal then I ever did before & added to the veggies to that. The high protein kept me from starving between meals after the 1st couple days (1st days I allowed a handful of nuts between meals if I felt hungry). I found that it was easy in the second week to eat smaller meals and not needing to snack as much. I also found I sometimes wanted to skip meals. I never had the carb-flu, either. (probably just lucky on that point). Anyway - best of luck on your continued Primal journey.
    Last edited by Karapn; 05-13-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: mistake

strummer77 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southern New Jersey, US

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes... grass-fed butter and cheese occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea with lemon regularly

Motivator for switching to Primal: I got tired of the plateaus of the other "diets" (Abs Diet, vegetarian, whole grain everything, etc.) and still felt deprived of energy, still had intestinal issues, still just didn't feel "right"... I just wanted to get lean and toned and feel better.

Favorite exercise: Anything outside... love trail running in my VFFs!

Favorite Primal food: There are so many... nothing beats grass-fed beef/steaks... I also really dig spaghetti squash and homemade sauce!

Best part about being Primal: No more post-lunch carb coma, better sleep, better play, better body composition, odd looks when I have to eat out and order a bunless burger, eating eggs and bacon for breakfast, no more intestinal distress or gas, creating Primal meals, Elevation Burger is 5 minutes away from the office, Big Ass Salads, having my doctor shocked at my awesome blood profile without whole grains.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out is no doubt the biggest challenge. Red Robin and Elevation Burger have saved the day many times. I wish more places offered lettuce wraps for burgers. Otherwise, I'd rather starve and/or wait to get home and cook. Another pet peeve of mine... having people ask how I got to be in such great shape, and then they either say "I couldn't live without my bread/pasta/pizza/other carb-and-sugar-laden food" or "I'm gonna have to do that" and then have a million excuses as to why they couldn't a few weeks later.

chunli1972 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Sacramento, Ca.

Age (If you want):41

How Primal are you:somewhat

Do you consume dairy:yes, in my coffee. And also the occasional cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea:both

Motivator for switching to Primal:weight gain

Favorite exercise:circuits and weight training

Favorite Primal food:chicken

Best part about being Primal:the satiety

Worst part about being Primal: no grains or rice.

I think I'm doing it all wrong cause I've been gaining weight versus losing. I don't know what else to do. So I hope this forum will help me in figuring out what I'm doing wrong this whole time.

Thanks,
    Chunli1972

Egdeekim is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 50-60% at present.

Do you consume dairy: Flavored creamer in my coffee and various cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee 2-3 times a day and tea when it suits me (sometimes every day, sometimes once a month).

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hitting 460lbs with various permanent injuries that hinder most basic exercises, thus needing a diet that could shed a decent amount of the fat with little-to-no exercise.

Favorite exercise: At present, wrist/arm curls for rebuilding my arms after an auto accident last year put me in a place where neither arm had much strength left.

Favorite Primal food: Vanilla cream flavored whey protein smoothies made with frozen mixed berries and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Best part about being Primal: It works. Last year (before the accident mentioned above) I started a primal diet, going cold turkey on everything wrong in my normal diet and going hardcore on primal foods. The result? I lost 52lbs in two months. Once the accident occurred injuries & depression put me in a bad spot and I regained it all plus more. The past three months I've been steadily ramping up the primal in my diet again and am once again loosing weight, down another 45lbs so far this time.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat my roommate's awesome cooking!