Page 520 of 600 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522530570 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,200 of 5997

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 520

Vulpina Peregrina is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Greetings, all--

I'm a long-time lurker on the forum but have decided to introduce myself because I think I might do better in my journey if I participate in a community (the silent struggle--it does not become me...) I learned about primal/paleo through my spouse, who has had a lot of success trimming down and getting healthy, and I've decided it's time I got serious about doing the same. I mean to start journaling about how I'm doing, and I really want to tell you all how much I appreciate the inspiration, information, and insight I get from reading your threads! I hope I contribute a little something, myself.

How primal are you? Hard to say--call me an 80/20 kind of girl.

Do you consume dairy? I'm cutting down in some ways--I have a weakness for ice cream and have tried to knock that down by substituting really small quantities of excellent gelato. I've been also experimenting with CO in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea? Another thing I'm cutting down on--I became concerned that I might be overstimulating myself with caffeine to make up for fatigue--why do I stress myself? And decided to use less of both, more herbal tisanes and the like. Now, it's more like a treat than a "pick me up", or worse, a crutch.

Motivator for switching to primal: Watching my spouse's success in weight loss (I have about ..I dunno, 60 pounds or so I want to peel off) but mostly for my health, and also a deep concern that the SAD diet is way too unnatural and crap-ridden to sustain life.

Favorite exercise: Walking--moving slowly and frequently is right up my alley right now. Swimming is something I like to do, but don't get much opportunity.

Favorite primal food: No question--the incredible edible egg. Oh chicken ova, what can't I do with you?

Best part about being primal: My spouse is a meat cutter and an excellent cook--I'm already living one of the best parts. But I've also noticed skin, nail and hair changes from this WoE, stoked about seeing what other changes come.

Worst part about being primal: Probably the social aspect of eating and whether or not I can accomodate participation without compromising my food values--but I used to be a vegetarian (!?) so, been there, done that.

patientpaleo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Montreal, Quebec

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you: about 75%

Do you consume dairy: regularly: Greek yogurt and whey protein. Not regularly, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: digestives issues, sluggish thyroid.

Favorite exercise: running, walking, and yoga

Favorite Primal food: love it all

Best part about being Primal: easy to shop for really.

Worst part about being Primal: preparing meat (I'm picky about the prep)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

WestiePaelo is offline Junior Member
    Hi. I'm in Washington state. I'm 40, almost 41. And I've dieted since I was 10. I'd like to be done with diets yet eat in a way that allows me to lose weight.

I'm just staring with Paloe dieting. A work colleague has inspired me with the results she has seen. I'm struggline to be Primal as I hgave two stepsons who want things like Hot Pockets for snacks - and then I have them. and there's over 30g of carbs in each.

I drink coffee but do like tea so am thinking I should switch to tea, because I do like creamer with coffee that has carbs

My motivation is that I'm 40 and wiegh 100 lbs more than my heaviest weight before. I can't do the fun things I used to with my husband and stepsons, like play baseball. And my family is very worried about me. I have a heart condition and my cardiologist says I need to lose 50 lbs - which just feels overwhelming when I think about it.

I really like walking. Several yeras ago, I was doing hot yoga four times a week and walking 8 miles at a time. I do love it - but I'm so horribly out of shape now, I feel helpless to start. I've never been in such bad shape before.

My favorite primal food is steak. Is that even primal as it's not as good for you a fish?

I like being able to actually eat something filling like scrambled eggs in the morning! On diets like Weight Watchers I always felt like I was starving.

The hardest part is that I LOVE ice cream and my stepsons and husband like to keep ice cream in the house.

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karapn View Post
    Greetings heatherp - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. You personally may have gotten a welcome since you've posted more, but just in case. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Good luck on your journey!
    Kara

PS - I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, but what a healthy way to help you deal with it a little better. Touch rugby...really?
    Thank you Kara- that's very sweet. And yes, touch rugby (NOT tackle rugby) is great fun

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WestiePaelo View Post
    Hi. I'm in Washington state. I'm 40, almost 41. And I've dieted since I was 10. I'd like to be done with diets yet eat in a way that allows me to lose weight.

I'm just staring with Paloe dieting. A work colleague has inspired me with the results she has seen. I'm struggline to be Primal as I hgave two stepsons who want things like Hot Pockets for snacks - and then I have them. and there's over 30g of carbs in each.

I drink coffee but do like tea so am thinking I should switch to tea, because I do like creamer with coffee that has carbs

My motivation is that I'm 40 and wiegh 100 lbs more than my heaviest weight before. I can't do the fun things I used to with my husband and stepsons, like play baseball. And my family is very worried about me. I have a heart condition and my cardiologist says I need to lose 50 lbs - which just feels overwhelming when I think about it.

I really like walking. Several yeras ago, I was doing hot yoga four times a week and walking 8 miles at a time. I do love it - but I'm so horribly out of shape now, I feel helpless to start. I've never been in such bad shape before.

My favorite primal food is steak. Is that even primal as it's not as good for you a fish?

I like being able to actually eat something filling like scrambled eggs in the morning! On diets like Weight Watchers I always felt like I was starving.

The hardest part is that I LOVE ice cream and my stepsons and husband like to keep ice cream in the house.
    Hi Westie, I wish you every success on primal. You have a good role model and good reason to adopt this lifestyle and you are making a good start. Scrambled eggs are a great start to the day. Steak is an excellent primal food. Tea is good and coffee is not a problem but don't use the creamer if it's a processed product (real cream though, that's good!). Try not to think about the hot pockets and icecream, instead focus on all the good foods you can nourish yourself with. Primal food is delicious. Good luck.

wildbear is offline Junior Member
    Your location: albany, new york

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you: just started 2 weeks ago, would say 80/20 so far

Do you consume dairy: on occasion ....try to limit to as little as possible

Do you drink coffee or tea: LOVE tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: been struggling to be healthier and after what seems like years falling on and off the wagon of "being healthy" I stumbled upon MDA and it just made sense.

Favorite exercise:i find that i love pretty much all PBF type activities but i've been really surprised on how much i've fallen in love with sprinting.

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: feeling great, having the energy and positive mood to do anything at any given moment

Worst part about being Primal: cutting back on the BEER

SCKEITH81 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Callander , Ontario ( Canada )

How Primal are you: Since speaking with a fellow coworker who mentioned your book I recently bought it and Iíve adopted the GROK mentality. I started this way of eating last Thursday and Iím liking it, feel very achievable and the grains information all clicked I get it. Iíve always loved breads, fries etc. and since 4 years ago stopping smoking my weight has increased and increased. We just welcomed a little guy into this world in February and I want to be a good role model and be around for many of his birthdays. Iíve tried diets before but burn out after a while like youíve explained. Iím dedicated to going primal, letís go ! In 2 weeks Iím running my second 10 k race in Ottawa with my fiancť. Last yearís race went well hoping to be stronger this year.

Do you consume dairy: Yes I do but having Skim milk if I do.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Newborn Son

Favorite exercise: Kettle bells

Favorite Primal food: Steak / Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling Bloated

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure Iím changing my lifestyle so letís see

AliciaW is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Canada

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

I'm just getting started I've been on again off again for a while (before I even knew what primal was) but I can feel it starting to take root and become my lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: some. I try to stick to goat dairy as I have been told my body has casein issues but some cow dairy does slip in.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

only herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Ive been to a naturopath a few times over the last 6 years and everytime I'm told that my body has trouble disgesting grains, especially in their flour form. I know that I feel better without them. I want to switch my whole family to a primal way of life.

Favorite exercise:

Sadly I've always been a more sedentary person but since beginning to eat primal again I've had a strong compulsion to be outside and walk.....so we'll see where it leads.

Favorite Primal food:

I love all food but especially the fat....I love the fat on porkchops, steak, etc....

Best part about being Primal:

Makes me feel good. And I'm excited that because I live on a farm I have laying hens coming next week, we already grow lots of veggies and berries and have bees and produce our own raw honey. I feel like Ive been provided with the tools to be primal I just need to do it.

Worst part about being Primal:

I have six kids and a husband who is on my side right now but it could change so fast and that would be the worst.

lace. is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Utah

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Just beginning

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, mostly coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Leptin reset & weight loss. Feel better

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Lean Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet, I'm going to assume cutting all sugary carbs lol

PaleoBeth is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Green Bay, WI

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Very. I don't consume anything with gluten, legumes, dairy, or processed food.

Do you consume dairy: No. Thinking about allowing myself on occasion though. I haven't decided yet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes. I alternate days and only have one cup of one or the other every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hubby started CrossFit (I just started myself last week) and they recommend going strict Paleo/Primal for 30 days. We're looking at 60, we're doing so well!

Favorite exercise: CrossFit, even though I want to die afterwards, and Zumba.

Favorite Primal food: Taco Salad (sans shell of course!)

Best part about being Primal: I feel so much healthier! I can't believe what all that crap was doing to me. I feel really great now and I'm so, so thankful we discovered this way of eating!

Worst part about being Primal: The carb cravings! (As you can tell I'm fairly new at this!) When we first started, I was leaning way too much on potatoes. So I omitted them and last week I was craving carbs like a crack addict!! I talked to my chiropractor and CrossFit trainer, and he said to eat fruit to curb the cravings. And it worked! I'm feeling sooooo much better now!! I also do crave cheese at times, but he gave me an alternative to that too!