Page 519 of 635 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 519

Primal-V is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Kent, UK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: around 90% depending on your definition, I'm in charge of the food in our house so the times I stray are either eating out/as a guest. (although I did decide to eat a hot cross bun at Easter, and no, I didn't regret it)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly cheese, butter and cream. Never been able to stomach drinking milk though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but mostly black (except for a treasured cappuccino now and then)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Combination of things, wanting to be a healthy mum (when the time comes), getting married but mostly anger at being fed such a lot of misinformation about health, I've finally lost feeling of guilt at being fat (I've also lost the fat, but the guilt went first!).

Favourite exercise: Walking or swimming when I get the chance. Walking/hunting rabbits with the dogs was my favourite but the dogs are gone now and we're not in a position to have dogs at the moment.

Favorite Primal food: So hard to choose just one! Roast beef, vegetable and gravy is awesome, steak, beef carpaccio, a really good salad, confit duck and sauerkraut, and more....

Best part about being Primal: Losing the shame of obesity (and not being obese), looking great, feeling awesome. More energy, being SO happy, looking forward to a healthy future, feeling like I've been given the magic keys to a great life

Worst part about being Primal: Having to negotiate eating outside our home (thank you 80/20 principle), dealing with people's expectations and feeling like the pickiest eater! Being at odds with CW isn't always easy.

We ought to end these on a positive though so I'm going to say that we bought an extra freezer for meat :-) My mum keeps sheep and I've requested a whole hogget (older than lamb, younger than mutton and entirely delicious) this year - it'll be at cost price because she's my mum. I've also ordered a beef box from our community farm - 40lbs (give or take) of locally grass reared, traditional breed (British White) beef! Whoot!

Our community farm is amazing, managing a wildlife reserve through traditional grazing methods, offering education and volunteering programmes to kids and adults locally, preserving traditional British beef breeds and providing the finest locally managed beef for sale. If anyone can top this for a programme I'll take my hat off to them!

V :-)

Gypsykim is offline Junior Member
    Three weeks in and I've lost a little over a pound, hubby is down about 4 pounds. We've been doing daily walks, working in the yard cutting small trees and lugging them to the dump pile. Sleep like a baby every night. Hubby has stopped snoring. I don't wake up drenching wet with night sweats anymore.

Have a big social event with food and drink tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how primal we can keep it.

bnpoisson is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tampa, FL

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 80-90 percent

Do you consume dairy: yes 2-3 times a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to look good naked and to avoid health problems that were certain to come

Favorite exercise: Mountain Biking, Swimming, Exercising in a Park

Favorite Primal food: Any Dish that has bacon in it.

Best part about being Primal: It is easy to do. Itís not a Diet itís a Lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: Listening to people talk about their diets and that they have the perfect diet.

Karapn is offline Member
    A warm welcome. I wish you the best of luck on your Primal journey.

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello rustla - Congrats on your weight loss success and welcome. Best wishes on your continued Primal journey.

Karapn is offline Member
    A big warm welcome, WT Mutant. Hopefully veggies will grow on you

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello Gypsykim - Wish my hubby would eat Primal so I could sleep lucky...

jackaaron is offline Member
    Hello forum, just introducing myself because I now find myself here 3-4 times a week or more.

I haven't yet began Paleo. For a couple of reasons. Mostly, I have learned from the past that quick changes for me, as it relates to a diet, never, ever work. They work for a few months, then I'm done.

So, I may be doing this completely backward, but here's my plan. I'm taking PKs advice on IF, and inching back a half hour every week, and I've been doing it for about a month and a half.

I want to get all the way back to where it's one meal a day, dinner, and then refine more and more from there with Paleo. Perhaps by then, I just right into Paleo, perhaps not. (I read that I should just jump in because of carb flu concerns).

Doing the slow but steady method seems so right for me. I feel urges some mornings to get a latte, but they're minor, and I stop them. I think I will get to one meal a day in the timeframe I have set forth (set to get there approx late July, early Aug).

Also, here's the answers to the original post questions....
    Your location: US - Midwest

Age (If you want):late 30s early 40s

How Primal are you: Haven't started, but I do love steak and eggs!

Do you consume dairy: In the form of steamed milk twice every day. I have a grande two pump vanilla latte twice a day from Starbucks now. As I move my time back that will likely only be one, then later, none. I think I will be switching to black coffee 1-2 times a day for caffein, but unsure.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Do latte's with espresso count? Also, tea...loads of lightly sweetened tea. Will need to eventually switch to unsweetened tea, and I have no problem with that.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to be much lighter than I am. I'm 6'3'' 230, and I don't necessarily look overweight, but I certainly feel it. I think I should be somewhere around 185.

Favorite exercise: Well, honestly, basketball. But, if I can't get a game, I like swimming, and I like lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: I haven't started, but steak will undoubtedly be my favorite.

Best part about being Primal: I think that it will be that the food I am buying is grass-fed beef, and healthier.

Worst part about being Primal: May get expensive, and I will undoubtedly have household members who won't want to eat the same as me. I'm okay with this because I will at the very least be eating dinner with these people whom I love dearly.

Dibrose is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone,My name is Margaret I live in Derbyshire UK Im 65yrs old Im diabetic type 2 on insulin very sensitive to carbs dont eat bread Fruit sweetstuff but milk in my tea trying herbal now eat cheese so part primal one coffee per day with cream just given up the wine i ind that the hardest.I want to get off insulin am very overweight lost 6lbs this week I love chicken and beef best part i feel clear headed and my depression has lifted ,worst part nothing nice to drink,but i feel so much better.

Vulpina Peregrina is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Greetings, all--

I'm a long-time lurker on the forum but have decided to introduce myself because I think I might do better in my journey if I participate in a community (the silent struggle--it does not become me...) I learned about primal/paleo through my spouse, who has had a lot of success trimming down and getting healthy, and I've decided it's time I got serious about doing the same. I mean to start journaling about how I'm doing, and I really want to tell you all how much I appreciate the inspiration, information, and insight I get from reading your threads! I hope I contribute a little something, myself.

How primal are you? Hard to say--call me an 80/20 kind of girl.

Do you consume dairy? I'm cutting down in some ways--I have a weakness for ice cream and have tried to knock that down by substituting really small quantities of excellent gelato. I've been also experimenting with CO in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea? Another thing I'm cutting down on--I became concerned that I might be overstimulating myself with caffeine to make up for fatigue--why do I stress myself? And decided to use less of both, more herbal tisanes and the like. Now, it's more like a treat than a "pick me up", or worse, a crutch.

Motivator for switching to primal: Watching my spouse's success in weight loss (I have about ..I dunno, 60 pounds or so I want to peel off) but mostly for my health, and also a deep concern that the SAD diet is way too unnatural and crap-ridden to sustain life.

Favorite exercise: Walking--moving slowly and frequently is right up my alley right now. Swimming is something I like to do, but don't get much opportunity.

Favorite primal food: No question--the incredible edible egg. Oh chicken ova, what can't I do with you?

Best part about being primal: My spouse is a meat cutter and an excellent cook--I'm already living one of the best parts. But I've also noticed skin, nail and hair changes from this WoE, stoked about seeing what other changes come.

Worst part about being primal: Probably the social aspect of eating and whether or not I can accomodate participation without compromising my food values--but I used to be a vegetarian (!?) so, been there, done that.