Page 518 of 600 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520528568 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 518

Karapn is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Hello ham - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. You personally may have gotten a welcome since you've posted more, but just in case. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Good luck on your journey!
    Kara

PS - I'm not even telling anyone right now. I just say I'm eating healthy and staying away from things I'm allergic to. Eventually, I will need to say something...

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello nomfaux - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - I WANT TO LOOK GOOD NAKED, TOO! I probably never will again since I'm 45 with two kids, but I can want. And I so agree with doing dishes.

Karapn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Addawn View Post
    How primal am I? I just started today
    Dairy: very little
    Favorite exercise: walking and weight lifting
    Favorite food: I will need to figure that out.
    Greetings Addawn - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. You personally may have gotten a welcome since you've posted more, but just in case. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - When I was younger (I'm 45) - so I was in my 20's...my friend and I drove from NY to Newark to attend a wedding. We chose to stop each way so we could eat Maple Syrup in VA. lol - It was soooooooo good. You probably hear that a lot.

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello MeredithL - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - I am 45, overweight with HBPressure, too - BUT I'm only 5'3" :/ I would like to be 5'8". So your into this a week or so longer than me...how is it going?

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello Icats - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - I am enjoying not feeling bloated, as well. I find it interesting that I can easily pinpoint a problem with something I eat now because I instantly bloat & feel uncomfortable. I've avoided socializing at this point.

Karapn is offline Member
    Greetings Juliejewels - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - Congrats on 17 years as a survivor - that is fantastic. Did you ever sign up for the email newsletter that gives you seven days of information? If you haven't there is one on exercise that will probably seem tame to you, considering your background, but might be helpful.

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello GAPrimal - I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - Pasta is one of my weakness. I can avoid it with basically no problem, but if I dare to eat it...I would have to keep eating. If there is a huge bowl - I would eat it all :/ I'm a mutt, but I'm pretty sure there's some Italian in me some where.

Karapn is offline Member
    Welcome Sunny_Sometimes (lol play on the weather I presume ) I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - The only person I can get to do anything active with me is my daughter (who's not Primal), but lucky for me... only 11.lol

rustla is offline Junior Member
    Hi my wife purchased the book Primal Blueprint for me as i was having trouble losing weight.
    Two months on im glad to say i have lost 26 pounds and feeling a lot better,i still have a way to go but things are looking up.
    Iwould say i,am 90% primal my only downfall being the beer that i have weekly.
    I have started a walking programme aiming to do a half marathon but am not sure what to fuel up on before my daily walks,the programme says to have carb gels but im reluctant to do that as im still 40 pounds off the weight i want to reach.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Halima Dances is offline Junior Member

Smile

Your location: Coastal North Carolina

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: Very little (H&H in coffee, occasional greek yogurt)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, black tea, green tea, herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Many health issues, autoimmune diseases, insulin resistant, and need to lose 100 lbs. I want to LGN again :-) I want to have energy again.

Favorite exercise: Bellydance

Favorite Primal food: All of them :-)

Best part about being Primal: Not hungry all the time

Worst part about being Primal: Missing baked goods.

I was given a diet to follow by my endocrinologist that was low-fat, with some carbs, and I found it very difficult to follow as I was hungry all the time. I am not hungry on PB. I gained 50 lbs last year from being on Prednisone.

I tried to eat a McDougall (starch-based) vegan diet for many years, and couldn't figure out why I kept gaining weight. The combination of all the carbs plus undiagnosed thyroid/insulin issues made it the worst possible plan I could have chosen. I am a compassionate vegan at heart, but I will eat what I must to regain and maintain my health.

I do struggle with fatigue on a daily basis (from several sources), and right now I am having a hard time with the "transition" to PB eating causing me to feel even more tired all the time, and muscles tired when climbing the stairs, etc. I am going to give myself until June to hopefully get past this point. Going to take it easy, only exercise if I feel up to it, sleep more, etc. I don't want to sabotage my chances of success by trying to do too much all at once. I have so far to go. I am trying to baby-step my way there.

I am using sparkpeople.com to track my macro-/micro-nutrients.
    Last edited by Halima Dances; 05-10-2013 at 06:24 AM.