Page 516 of 620 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566616 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,160 of 6198

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 516

Icats is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Southern Indiana

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: I have tried to go 80-100% several times and seem to have slip ups and then give up. I know this is the best lifestyle for me and want my whole family onboard. Me and my boyfriend just agreed to try it again and we started yesterday. Going to try to gradually move the kids in that direction. We plan to go for 80-100%.

Do you consume dairy: Just butter and maybe a little heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had a kettlebell coach that told the class about the primal lifestyle. I was intriged and decided to read up on it. At the time, I was in the middle of training for a half marathon so I had a hard time sticking to it. I don't run long distance anymore, so I'm ready!!

Favorite exercise: Weights

Favorite Primal food: Avacodo on salads, steak, hoping to find many more

Best part about being Primal: The energy and feeling of well being. Not having that bloated feeling.

Worst part about being Primal: The lack of options when you eat out or go to a social event. Where I live it is more about quantity and not so much about quality.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I never did this.

Your location: Pennsylvania in the US

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes - cream in my coffee, and butter to cook with.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: This is embarrassing. I saw Alec Baldwin (American actor) on a tv commercial last fall and was amazed at how good he looked. He had been looking very bloated and haggard there for a while. I googled and discovered he was eating lchf and found this forum while googling around. I read some forum posts and some of Mark's blog posts and bought the book.

Favorite exercise: Lifting heavy things, long walks, bicycling.

Favorite Primal food: It changes from day to day....today it's probably charred NY strip steak.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling happy and optimistic about life.

Worst part about being Primal: It's extremely hard for me to actually lose weight, I've found. I have to count calories, which I was hoping to avoid.

Juliejewels is offline Junior Member
    Hi Y'all, I'm new

Your location: Florida USA

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I consider myself a freshatarian at this point

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea with lemon, occasional coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to get off grains completely. Want to be more svelte. I've been a chronic cardio girl, also chronically injured as a result. It never really yielded the results I desired.

Favorite exercise: yoga, cycling

Favorite Primal food: salmon , any vegetables

Best part about being Primal: TBA

Worst part about being Primal: TBA

I'm a 17 year cancer survivor, healthy and probably too active- I've worked in a gym for 20 years teaching all kinds of cardio stuff. Got into yoga about 8 years ago and love it. Injuries have sidelined me and I realize less is more. I was vegetarian for several years, but was feeling bad so added in lean meat and instantly felt better. I'm not big on grains, but know I need to let them go completely. I'm tired of always aspiring to get where I want to be physically. I think going primal is my answer. I just had knee surgery to repair a tear so I have been off working out the last 6 weeks and have 4 more recovery. I figure there's no time like the present to quit the excuses and back to exercise totally recovered and healed and with a new mentality. I've wrestled with food issues and body issues, but I can see after reading success stories how primal is the key.
    I'm in my healthy weight range, but desire my body to look different and feel different.
    Last edited by Juliejewels; 05-07-2013 at 04:23 PM.

GAPrimal is offline Junior Member
    Excited to be a part of the community and share advice/support with all of you!

Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: More and more daily

Do you consume dairy: Minimal to none

Do you drink coffee or tea: Loving coffee a little too much

Motivator for switching to Primal: After years of abusing my body through the wrong foods, substances, and over/inconsistent training, going primal is part of recommiting to taking care of my body the way I should.

Favorite exercise: Barbell Row

Favorite Primal food: Right now eggs, blueberries, and blackberries

Best part about being Primal: Huge improvement in digestive health, increase in discipline

Worst part about being Primal: Being of Italian descent, sometimes I want to go crazy on some pasta

Skarlett98 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 30 y/o

How Primal are you: My hubby, me and my 2 kids are currently converting to a primal lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, one cup of black coffee in the morning and green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband and I both the best out of life and realised how much junk we were putting into our bodies on a daily basis. Plus I want to become a Roller Derby superstar so health and fitness are key!!

Favorite exercise: Rollerderby, fishing, walking.

Favorite Primal food: Undiscovered.

Sunny_Sometimes is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southwest Washington, USA

How Primal are you: 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, working on eating a bit less

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, decaf coffee and occasional black or green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been steadily refining what kind of eating is best to help my body heal from the chronic pain and fatigue of Fibromyalgia.

Favorite exercise: Anything dance-y

Favorite Primal food: After 4+ years as a vegan, I'm soooo happy to be eating bacon again!

Best part about being Primal: Even though I still struggle with fatigue, I've got more energy than I've had in many, many years.

Worst part about being Primal: I think my sweetie secretly thinks I've joined a cult. Seriously though, it's hard to be the only Primal one in my circle, especially since I've got all this new energy and I can't get anybody to get off the couch and come hiking with me!

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello Juli - I joined on 5/1, as well. I realized that to all of us who follow the instructions and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and I hope that you are, too. And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Good luck on your journey!

PS. If you bring Almond or Coconut milk to Starbucks and ask them to make you a drink...most will, I've found. It needs to be slow, though.
    -Kara

Buddyslim.com weight loss blog<noscript>buddytslim</noscript>

Karapn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowblind50999 View Post
    Your location: Kennewick, WA USA

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: After a couple months... mostly there... though the journey continues.

Do you consume dairy: Very little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feel good, lose weight

Favorite exercise: Biking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Good food that sustains you through the day.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting over the indoctrination of what healthy eating means.
    Hello snowblind50999 - I joined on 5/1, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

PS - I have always wanted to visit WA. I've gotten as far north by car as OR.

-Kara

Karapn is offline Member
    Welcome Pete -

I joined on 5/1, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - I have heard that Canada is absolutely breathtaking from my husband, who visits there for work. I wish I lived close and I would buy your homemade butter and fresh veggies.

Karapn is offline Member
    Hello BrownEyesJo-

I joined in May, as well. I realized that to all of us who posted here and didn't post our own post that none of us got a welcome. And welcomes are always nice to have. You personally may have gotten a welcome since you've posted more, but just in case. I'm going to post this general message to each person who replied to this post in May, but I read your post and I offer you a warm welcome. I am really enjoying eating Primal and it's only been a little over a week for me... And if you haven't figured it out yet...put your picture in the avatar section and your picture will show next to your name on posts.

Kara

PS - I have only read Mark's Primal Blueprint, but it totally resonated with me. I've only been at this for a little over a week and I feel good. I already feel fine not eating by a certain time and my quality of sleep has improved. As to your favorite primal food - you made me so hungry. Can I get your recipe for the Bolognaise...please? And do you use the peeler on zucchini to create a pasta-ish look to your veggies? Okay...I'm going to confess that at 45 I still don't know how many pounds are in one stone. And as to hula hooping...what a fantastic idea. I'm going to go get some for me and my daughter so we can hula while we watch tv instead of sitting ... I don't know why I didn't think of that very fun exercise play.