Page 515 of 638 FirstFirst ... 15415465505513514515516517525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 515

kyteflyer is offline Junior Member
    Hello, new to the site and new to taking Primal seriously. Old, diabetic, multiple other medical issues, and a plan to reverse some of the idiocy I have visited on myself over the years. Now, on with the reading!

fit4good is offline Junior Member
    Greetings Everyone,

Currently following Atkins lifestyle without the franken food, which to me is lot like primal from what I've read. I enjoy the blog because it very informative and I look forward to participating in the forum.

paleoqueen is offline Junior Member
    Hello beautiful individuals!

Your location: Austria

How Primal are you: I am starting on tuesday

Do you consume dairy: I try not to, i feel bad afterwards. Occasionally chocolate.. I love chocolate!

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, but green or roiboos tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I will be probably diagnosed with PCOS, on tuesday i will have the last examination for insulin resistance. If i don't want to suffer from diabetes in the next years i'll have to change my diet immediately. There are like 20 pounds i would like to loose. I want a lean, healthy body, i want to break my sugar addication, i want to like my body again and feel good.

Favorite exercise: running & pilates

Favorite Primal food: salmon!

A lot of times i tried to loose weight, i lost it and i gained it back. I am not super fat, but i am starting to feel really really uncomfortable. i really would like to loose the 20 - 30 extra pounds, i want to feel sexy again! i want my energy back and to be confident.

doc primal is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: towson, Maryland

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Maybe 90 %. I recently started approx. 1 month ago and feel so much better. I have cut out sugar and refined carbs and processed crap.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Local/organic but try to keep it limited

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to be more lean and fit. I also have borderline hypertension which is a big motivator!

Favorite exercise: Lifting heavy weights, swimming and hiking. Pick up basketball game every now and again is also fun.

Favorite Primal food: Nice grass-fed steak!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great with more energy and not starving to be healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm from Long Island, NY and great pizza and italian was everywhere so I miss it now and again but overall there really is no downside. I feel the best I have in years in this short amount of time.

UKChris is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone from an unusually, if still cold, sunny UK:

Your location: Nottingham, UK - home of Robin Hood (for you legend lovers) and DH Lawrence (for you literary types)

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: About 90% after much reading, experimenting....

Do you consume dairy: Yes, it doesn't appear to bother me (though admittedly I've never cut it out) - I eat full fat natural yoghurt and cream; butter. Very little milk though....

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, green tea and a few Yogi Teas (just discovered "Mens Tea" which is chilli flavoured - love it though my wife claims that's because of its name!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: The concept makes so much sense to me and I just feel better when I eat this way. A couple of health scares made me much more aware of my health too so it helps there too

Favorite exercise: It's always the weights! I'm just doing Dan John's Mass Made Simple - which is awesome - then will go back to 5-3-1, the best program I've ever used - I train just twice a week with some short runs and one session of boxing (no blows to the head, just the training and pad work - best stress relief I'v ever had!)

Favorite Primal food: Rib-Eye Steak

Best part about being Primal: The loin-cloth

Worst part about being Primal: The loin-cloth

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Greetings from NZ

Your location: Wellington
    How Primal are you: Diet-wise, easy 90% (still need fail-eo treats now and again...) and working on the rest of the areas (haven't gotten into LHT and sprints- yet)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I'm crazy about Greek yoghurt! And cheese...
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, though normally only 1*day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'd heard about it from a few people over the past year or so and was interested, and finally decided to give it a proper go in the new year. I lost my Mum suddenly before Christmas, and figured I wanted to nourish myself in this tough time, and going primal this just made sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Yoga, touch rugby, running, kayaking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak with creamy mushrooms
    (this makes me laugh after 8yrs as a vegetarian)... I'm enjoying trying new paleo recipes.

Best part about being Primal: my body feels good, and no longer having energy peaks & troughs is a bonus!

Worst part about being Primal: apart from missing porridge, nothing really. I was wheatfree for 7yrs before going primal, so it didn't feel like a massive jump.

Excited to be here!

Ham
    Ham is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Crawley, UK

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I try, can't always afford to go organic, its more of a treat. I mainly have frozen veggies, sometimes frozen meat too. Not ideal I know, but my main concern is making meat veggies and fruit the staples of my diet rather than processed carbs. Ideally I'd like to go 100% organic, grow my own etc, but this just isn't viable at the moment. While this isn't ideal, I feel its better than what I was doing before, one step at a time etc.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love cooking with butter, it makes everything taste good.

Do you drink coffee or tea
    : Rarely, never been that fond of it! Like a nice fruit flavoured green every now and then, maybe the odd coffee. Not really that fussed about either to be honest though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I stumbled across the primal stuff while I was doing a very low carb lifestyle. I originally went low carb for weight loss, but after a few months I noticed not only did I lose all the weight, I felt so much better in so many ways I started looking into low carb lifestyles and came across the primal blueprint. Since then I've added in some much needed fruit and veg to my diet without putting the weight back on, and I've never felt better.

Favorite exercise: Slow jogging, or medium weight lifting.

Favorite Primal food: I love meat so this is difficult... Any sort of eggs, beef, bacon... Less keen on veg but I love peppers, onions and spinach. Love apples, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels, I do crazy shift work and have a very bad sleep pattern. Going primal has helped me work out when I am actually sleep deprived and need a nap rather than just having a sugar crash.

Worst part about being Primal: Other people. Constantly thinking I'm on some sort of fad diet, this drives me nuts its like people go out of their way not to understand. Also eating primal takes a lot of planning as its not like you can just pick up a primal ready meal or order a primal dish at a fast food joint.

nomfaux is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southern New Mexico

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: New - Still struggling with cravings and slip-ups.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - Butter, Greek yogurt, sour cream, some cheese. A small glass of milk if I'm really craving it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink a cup of tea just about every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to look good naked, mostly! I also want to be strong, and feel good in my body.

Favorite exercise: Long walks with my family.

Favorite Primal food: Oh geez.. Um. Bacon. A good steak. Roasted asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. Strawberries.

Best part about being Primal: When I'm sticking with it, I feel wonderful, my skin is lovely, and I have so much energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Falling off the wagon. Explaining what I'm trying to do to other people. Doing dishes.. But that's not necessarily a Primal thing. Unless you count that I've always previously eaten out as much as possible to avoid dishes, which is a large contributor as to WHY I need to make this lifestyle change and stick with it.

Addawn is offline Junior Member
    How primal am I? I just started today
    Dairy: very little
    Favorite exercise: walking and weight lifting
    Favorite food: I will need to figure that out.

MeredithL is offline Junior Member

New to Primal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi! I am here to introduce myself. I am a 45 year old female from NJ. I am a classically trained nutritionist, food scientist and chef. Phew do I have some work ahead of me. I am here because NOTHING in my education and training has prepared me for being a 45 year old, overweight, HBPressured female. None of the strategies I was ever taught have worked for me to get the excess weight off - I am 5 feet 8 inches tall and 200lbs. Even organized weight loss clinics have not worked for me. Granted, I am pretty fit for an overweight person as I have been weight training for years - my personal best in deadlifting is 205 pounds, and am pretty active with moving around. My problem is the fat never came off before I carved out muscles so my muscles are covered up with a layer of fat. After working with a trainer with kettle bells, I have finally decided to give Primal a try. Going on week 2 and I am feeling really foggy - I think I have the carb flu! I am a recovering carb junkie. It's been hard and I have setbacks but I am in this for the rest of my life -if it works for me. Thanks!