Page 514 of 638 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 6375

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 514

snowblind50999 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kennewick, WA USA

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: After a couple months... mostly there... though the journey continues.

Do you consume dairy: Very little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feel good, lose weight

Favorite exercise: Biking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Good food that sustains you through the day.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting over the indoctrination of what healthy eating means.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I can't remember if I added one of these before when I first joined the forum. I generally read Mark's blog posts rather than the forum although I think I need to start being more involved.

Your location: Perth, Western Australia

Age (If you want): 36 (gosh nearly wrote 35)

How Primal are you: At the moment only about 50% I try to stick as primal as possible when I cook but when I work, my bro cooks, and last night I came home to chicken and pasta. Oh well, it was yummy.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, coffee in the morning and tea later in the day or evenings.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Really just for my health and well being. I don't have to lose any weight but I'm always really tired and generally just feel blah.

Favorite exercise: Ummm, I need to get onto that. lol Walking is about the only exercise I do that the moment and that's generally around the shopping centre.

Favorite Primal food: Ooohh I had the best chorizo and almond crusted snapper the other night from from the PB Quick and Easy Meals. They didn't have halibut so snapper had to do. Even the kids ate it. YUMMY!

Best part about being Primal: All the new interesting foods to make.

Worst part about being Primal: Limiting my cake intake. lol

Pete Ion is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kelowna, Canada

Age (If you want): 50ish

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: local raw milk/cream, make my own butter, sour milk etc

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee 3 - 4 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: osteoarthritis, too fat (285 lbs April 1st, 275 lbs April 30th)

Favorite exercise: Walking, working in my garden, growing my own vegetables

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: losing weight, more energy, my hips don't hurt that much anymore, sleep better

Worst part about being Primal: even though I knew about Paleo for a long time i didn't follow it strictly from the begining

Longevity is offline Member
    Your location:Sk. Canada

Age (If you want):27

How Primal are you: not very. Trying, and want to become 90% by Aug.2013 (3months).

Do you consume dairy: little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, mainly coffee & green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthy and fit for life. Also injuries to lower back, hoping this life style will help.

Favorite exercise: 1 Arm kettle bell snatch

Favorite Primal food: Tenderloin Steak

Best part about being Primal: feels healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: temptations of western societies' diets

BrownEyedJo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Berkshire, England

Age (If you want): 40 (still coming to terms with it, so please be gentle...!)

How Primal are you: Dedication comes and goes, but currently being pretty strict. Zero grains, sugar or starchy carbs, tons veg, low-GI fruit, meat and a bit of fish. I need to learn to like fish more.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not cows' cheese as it seems (I think) to be a migraine trigger, whereas I can get away with it on the sheep/goat cheese for some reason. Greek yoghurt sometimes, full fat unhomogonised milk (in tea).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 3-4 mugs of tea a day interspersed with herbal teas. I think coffee is a migraine trigger.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My father had a heart attack last year which scared us all (he's ok) and he then started fretting about my/my brother's cholesterol. I started doing some research and stumbled across a book on Amazon (Briffa's 'Escape the diet trap'), which started this whole journey. I was amazed, read it in days and, with some trepidation, started going primal within a week. The results spoke for themselves. I didn't have tons of weight to lose, but was almost 10 stone, which I wasn't happy about at only 5'2". I'm now 8.5 stone and still slowly dropping, which feels much better. Health niggles I hadn't thought about too much seemed to fix themselves. I've since read Gary Taubes' book 'Why we get fat...' and am now halfway through Mark's Primal Blueprint, which I'm loving too! How do more people not know all this?!?

Favorite exercise: Swimming (backstroke), hula hooping and walking/hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Oooh, there's a question! Omelette filled with melted sheep cheese, tomates and a side salad drizzled with extra v olive oil and balsamic....or my homemade bolognaise (without the pasta) served with tons of veggies with melted butter on...or...

Best part about being Primal: I no longer get floppy and headachy if I don't eat something something every three hours. Life no longer revolves around headaches or fitting in trips to get prescriptions every month. I no longer have to worry about my skin...

Worst part about being Primal: Declining rubbish food in social situations where someone has made/bought a cake or something especially for the occasion. I don't like appearing churlish, fussy or 'that girl who can't eat anything normal'. Even if I can refuse without causing offense, I'm left with a feeling of no longer 'belonging'.

Lspoor is offline Junior Member
    Hi All!

Your location:Scotland, UK

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you:I'd class myself as "transitioning!" I'm 90% there with diet, I'm moving slowly, having fun, but haven't incorporated LHT or sprints into my exercise just yet

Do you consume dairy: Yep yep yep!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm a PhD student 'nuff said!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being so desk bound while writing up my thesis was leading to bad eating habits, weight gain and general "out of control" appetite cravings which had to stop!

Favorite exercise: Outdoor swimming

Favorite Primal food:Baaaacon!

Best part about being Primal:The stabilisation of my appetite and not getting so many sugar cravings!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to resist the utterly amazing cakes on offer from our masterful bakers at work. But I don't stress about it, at least if I have one I'm mindful and aware to really enjoy it though! (Not forgetting the sugar-related headache I get after eating it!)

Sanfermin is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NW Florida

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: SciencE!

Favorite exercise: Going on a hike to find trees to climb.

Favorite Primal food: My Primal Morning Smoothie

Best part about being Primal:Feeling ALIVE

Worst part about being Primal: Restaurants... and Family Functions...

Dana.O is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys! My name is Dana, and I'm just starting out. I would love to make some new friends here. I would also like some advice on starting out. Any advice diet and exercise wise would be greatly appreciated!

narrowminded is offline Senior Member
    Hi all just started a couple of weeks ago and loving being Primal

How Primal are you: 95% at least.. Trying to be very strict right now

Do you consume dairy: very minimal, greek yogurt used in a recipe, little butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee 1 cup daily, tea on occasion. Both unsweetened

Motivator for going Primal?: Tired of being hungry all the time and weight continuing to escalate.

Favorite exercise: walking/running Mostly walking

Favorite Primal food: that's tough, I love to eat.

Best part of being Primal: Feeling awesome!

Worst part of being Primal: nothing so far.

umm7 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello, I started Atkins and somehow ended up at this site. Got the book and think this may be a better fit for the rest of my life.

Your location: USA Virginia

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: learning (reading the book now)

Do you consume dairy: Heavy Cream in coffee & butter with eggs

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal teas sometimes and 2 cups of coffee a day(my cups of coffee are small, 4 oz each)

Motivator for switching to Primal: looks like it fits better with me

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet