andrespaniagua is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: Oxnard, CA

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 70%. Trying for 100%

Do you consume dairy: very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel crappy on the SAD. Plus I want to drop a few pounds.

Favorite exercise: lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: trying to stick to it.

mantra is offline Member
    I've lurked on this forum for a long time. A few nights ago, my roommate came home while I was making dinner (buffalo meatballs with lots of fresh herbs alongside roasted veggies). She threw a frozen pizza in the oven, looked longingly at my food, and complained about her latest weight-loss venture. But my "diet" is the worst because fat is so bad for you, right? I realized I could either implode because I've been holding back all the terrible things I wanted to say, or I could connect with people who understand why primal is awesome.

Your location: BC coast, in the land of vegetarians. More meat for me!

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: About 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: Just hard cheese and cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and black teas in moderation. Peppermint tea is my drink of choice.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, like most. For several years, I experienced "random" health problems: poor digestion, poor skin, and on and on. Doctors would only look at one problem at a time and treat one symptom at a time. This past fall, I saw a new doctor who quickly suspected celiac disease. I tested positive, put an end to gluten, and felt like I had a whole new body. I came across PB while I was researching celiac disease, and it resonated like nothing I've ever experienced. I've been primal for about six months, and I find new reasons to keep this way of living every day.

Favorite exercise: Walking and hiking. There's nothing better than getting out of the city and spending time with nature.

Favorite Primal food: Moose. Is that weird? Coconut oil has also changed my skin and my life.

Best part about being Primal: I've struggled with my weight my entire life, even when I played high-calibre sports and lived at the rink. Nothing worked, or even felt right. Now it's effortless. But for me, it's more than weight. I love feeling energetic and engaged with everything around me.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting up early on Saturday mornings to go to the farmer's market. Meeting the growers, hanging out with other market-goers, spending time outside, enjoying real food, supporting the local economy...yeah, it's tough

omnomnivore is offline Junior Member

Smile

Your location: Florida US

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 60% I guess? It's a gradual transition

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in coffee, some cheese in salad. I figured if 1 oz of cheese made an enormous bowl of baby greens palatable it was alright for now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I like making iced green tea with a fruity herbal tea bag thrown in. It's delicious. Also, Sleepytime tea is fantastic, not only for its taste but the bear in pajamas on the box.

Motivator for switching to Primal: So many things. I have PCOS with a side of insulin resistance. I was creeping closer and closer to my highest weight, my appetite was out of control, my complexion is a mess, I have regular bouts of depression, and libido is in the dumps. Blah.

Favorite exercise: I enjoy walking and hiking, which in Florida is walking on level sandy paths.

Favorite Primal food: I can't choose but I did make a primal Spanish Tortilla with kale and onions. So good and I didn't miss the potato for a second.

Best part about being Primal: After every first bite of a meal I laugh. It's so incredibly delicious it's hilarious to me some people think I'm depriving myself.

Worst part about being Primal: Two things: 1) The social aspect. Because I haven't been primal-ish for very long, to my family and my partner it's just one of those crazy fad diets Omnom will be on for a while that prevents her from eating cake at birthday parties.

2) Trying to get my doctor on board. I tried to explain during a recent check-up that I was making a diet change which included no grain and his response was "But whole grain is healthy! For example, oatmeal lowers your blood sugar." O_o I'm pretty sure he's saying in comparison to eating a couple doughnuts and a frappe-whatever-it-is for breakfast, your blood glucose will be lower eating oatmeal instead. But telling me 'oatmeal not only doesn't raise your blood sugar but actually lowers it is ridiculous.

Stan is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New York, NY

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Aim is 100% but i'm sure I fall short

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: CrossFit

Favorite Primal food: All meat and vegetables

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great

Worst part about being Primal: Wanting to try to convince everyone else

master_shake is offline Junior Member
    Your location: In Nebraska right now. My job has me moving around a lot.

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: beginner

Do you consume dairy: At breakfast, yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only for those late night study sessions.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to drop a few pounds and adopt a healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: For barbells, it would have to be the squat. For bodyweight, probably the planche. I'm a beginner there too, though.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Having more energy and generally feeling better.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm a bit too liberal on the 80/20 rule at the moment. Heavy drinking tends to happen in rugby tournaments.

AylaFecero is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Chicagoland

Age (If you want): decrepit

How Primal are you: Pretty darn primal

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream/grass fed butter only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yeahhhhh

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been mostly primal for a long while, but I've got SIBO/FODMAP/I HATE MY STOMACH issues. So sick of feeling like crap every day.

Favorite exercise: hrrm. deadlift, finishing a good deadlift leaves one feeling very accomplished

Favorite Primal food: hamburgers

Best part about being Primal: I FEEL better. Physically, mentally, about my impact on the environment

Worst part about being Primal: Can be inconvenient coupled with my other dietary restrictions

alyx727 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: not as much as I would like to be!

Do you consume dairy: Minimal

Do you drink coffee or tea: some good black coffee, Jasmine silver needle, good matcha! Love it

Motivator for switching to Primal: going back is more like it. Always liked the meat and greens combo. Life got in the way of living!!!

Favorite exercise: Walking, swimming (arthritis in knees). Used to like running...a lot! Cycling, if knee doesn't hurt. Playing with dogs.

Favorite Primal food: MEAT, of any kind. Dark green leafys.

Best part about being Primal: Getting the processed shite out of your life!

Worst part about being Primal: Uhhhhh, haven't found it yet. Except the limitations on finding pastured, organic foods.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. Confucius.

chanda11 is offline Junior Member
    Eastern Essentials natural remedies are all based on true traditional Chinese herbal recipes, some over 1,000 years old, modified and formulated by experienced acupuncturist and health pioneer, Jeremy Speiser, L.Ac., to deliver maximum results. When it comes to natural remedies, Chinese Herbal Medicine remains the most refined, intricate, and effective form of herbal practice in the world, with over 2,000 years of written accounts. Chinese medicine is an all encompassing health care system that has survived the test of time for simply one reason: IT WORKS! At Eastern Essentials we take your health and healing seriously, and we want to make sure you have the most effective way to bring about long lasting results using our high quality natural remedies!

Juli is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: For the next 21 days, the goal is 100%. That said I've got a spotty track record.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but do an elimination trial for my allergies.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I only drink coffee with dairy, so I guess I'll only be drinking tea until I see how my allergies are. This is fine as I LOVE tea. All types.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been a vegetarian for 12 years...13 years. I'm not sure. Despite this, at 22, weighing 125 lbs (I'm 5'4", so that's a totally fine weight), I got the shocking news that I have high cholesterol. It hasn't changed despite being "even better" about no high cholesterol foods and increased exercise. Obviously something needs to change. I'm hoping going Primal will help stabilize my hypothyroidism as well (it should).

Favorite exercise: It's more play, but rock climbing is my absolute fave followed my Pilates.

Favorite Primal food: Just ate meat for the first time in over a decade, and bacon is delicious.

Best part about being Primal: No upset stomach, bloating, etc.

Worst part about being Primal: No fun summer drinks from Starbucks

Karapn is offline Member
    Brand new to this so ...

Your location: Citrus Heights, CA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: On second day so not sure. As primal as I can be without having made the change to grass-fed beef, etc. Just cut out all the grain, sugar, alcohol, dairy. I will slowly integrate the better quality sustainable foods as time goes on.

Do you consume dairy: I have been allergic to dairy since birth (actually raised both my kids on no dairy). Until I discovered Almond Milk (which my whole family loves) we used soy milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: At this time, I drink 2 cups a day and I find herbal tea in the evenings very soothing.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been searching for something, a way of eating, that would help me heal my body. I am at my heaviest and I can feel the health problems developing. I don't have a doctor at this time but just feel off. I have always believed I could self heal a lot of things - so once I started reading about going Primal it just struck me as a perfect fit.

Favorite exercise: since I've been extremely sedentary - I would say that walking is my favorite currently.

Favorite Primal food: Salmon or Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling like I am in control of body - even if I haven't received the benefits yet. I still feel it.

Worst part about being Primal: It will be, once, I have to explain myself to other family - but I'll survive.