Page 511 of 631 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521561611 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 6305

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 511

Primal Fuel
    Your location: Central Coast of California

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 7, on a scale of 1-10

Do you consume dairy: Yes, except for drinking milk. Just don't like it especially.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, lots.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a logical person and it just makes more sense than the hogwash my doctors keep telling me.

Favorite exercise: Circuit training at Curves

Favorite Primal food: These: Balsamic-Glazed Drumsticks | Mark's Daily Apple. Except I make them with wings instead of drums, and an entire bunch of cilantro.

Best part about being Primal: I feel like my body is working the way it is supposed to for the first time, ever.

Worst part about being Primal: That I didn't know about it sooner.

Gypsykim is offline Junior Member
    Hi All,
    Here are the answers to the questions.

How Primal: 80% (Hubby has a weakness for corn, ie. popcorn, corn chips, etc.)

Dairy: Only a bit of aged cheese (just can't give it up, yet)

Coffee/Tea: Yes coffee in AM (1 cup). Green tea and herbal tea during the day.

Motivator: I tried to get my family to convert to the Primal/Paleo diet way back in 2003. Alas, it was just to foreign for them. Now, they finally believe what I've been trying to tell them all these years.

Favorite Exercise: Walking. I was a flight attendant for the last 2 years and would regularly walk up to 16 miles on a 4 day trip, along with the lugging of bags, stair climbs, cart pushing, plane surfing Now, I'm back to my sedentary ways and need to GET GOING.

Favorite Primal Food: All of it! I like just about everything, it's getting my hubby to eat things he thinks are from another planet that's the hard part.

Best Part: Last night for the first time in months I slept through the night without waking up. I'm menopausal so I usually wake up at least once per night with a hot flash or night sweat. Last night was heaven. I had gone the whole day without anything non-primal. Woo Hoo! I hope this is the beginning of better things.

Worst Part: Since we live out in the middle of nowhere, it's hard to find organic, healthy choices. We get a grass fed 1/4 beef from a friend, but the rest is whatever we find at our local market. Fortunately, they are good about ordering the things we want, but it comes at a price.

CassieIs is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Portland Oregon

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Right now 100% primal

Do you consume dairy: Nope.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep coffee. Black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be truly healthy, I want to feed myself well and take great care of my body. I also want to finish up the weight loss (47 to go!) or find a place that my body is healthy and I feel great.

Favorite exercise: lifting heavy things.

Favorite Primal food: bacon. duh.

Best part about being Primal: nearly unlimited food options.

Worst part about being Primal: i don't know how to cook creatively - and so i use a lot of the same over and over...and it's new so i'm still learning.

Emmapillo is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Marseille, France

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: I am 95% primal, I get better with time. I have been doing primal for 9 months and I have lost 5kg. Now my goal is to get more tone.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: get healthier & lose body fat

Favorite exercise: hikking

Favorite Primal food: sweet potatoe

Best part about being Primal: No more after lunch dozing

Worst part about being Primal: Being french, I miss my baguette!

paragoddess2u is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you:about 75% there id say, working towards 100%

Do you consume dairy: yes, minimal amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes both, in moderation (ie, 1 cup /day usually)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I agree with everything primal is about

Favorite exercise: zumba dance aerobics

Favorite Primal food: sashimi

Best part about being Primal: the feeling your body gets

Worst part about being Primal: peer pressure from morons not to be

SavedbyKate is offline Junior Member

Heading back to health

Your location: Toronto Canada

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: transitioning with plans to be fully primal by May 1st. Was primal before for 2 years and then went back to SAD in Oct 2011 for numerous reasons.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: fitness, health, energy, weight loss, better sleep, better skin, better mood etc etc

Favorite exercise: cycling

Favorite Primal food: anything BBQ

Best part about being Primal: happier body

Worst part about being Primal: I really like diet coke

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

christina112 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just finished reading the Primal Blueprint and am tranforming my life meal by meal.

Do you consume dairy: a little bit of cheese only

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthy and feel my best, I need to lose 100 lbs. and I have food intolerances to glutten, soy, and dairy which are part of my weight lose struggle which are not part of a primal lifestyle, so it supports my dr. health goals for me. I also have an foot/ankle injury that will be helped by losing weight so I get back to doing the activities I love!

Favorite exercise: hiking and weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: how amazing my body feels, more energy than before

Worst part about being Primal: Detoxing from carbs and limitations on eating out and seeing those around me eating the SAD diet

suse1023 is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: new england

Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:
    with glee!

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    coffee breve-espresso with steamed heavy cream
    herb teas

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    better health=more fun

Favorite exercise:
    riding my horse or rowing my boat

Favorite Primal food:
    bacon

Best part about being Primal:
    i feel so much better

Worst part about being Primal:
    not eating the same as my partner

hi all, i'm suse and have found my way here via the hcg forum.
    i'm a beginner primal eater and have also just begun paying attention to my blood type and so far so wonderful. my body is changing shape and composition, and i feel lighter and sated with so little food. this just feels good and right for me.
    Last edited by suse1023; 04-21-2013 at 02:18 PM.

santiago is offline Junior Member
    Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: increasingly Primal. I gave up almost all grains and sugars; I try to eat lots of animals and plants; I exercise 3/week ("Starting Strength" program); yesterday I did my first weekly sprinting routine.

Do you consume dairy: yes; usually 1 or 2 liters of milk a day; some cheese. I don't have allergy or intolerance to it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: muscle-building (I'm a skinny, hardgainer guy); better overall health; irritable bowel syndrome; allergies; better sex drive.

Favorite exercise: barbell squats.

Favorite Primal food: Argentine-style barbecue.

Best part about being Primal: I am surprised of how fast the changes begin to take place; my energy levels are really balanced throughout the day, and I find it less hard to get up in the morning; my strength and muscles are steadily increasing; my sex drive is soaring; my motivation to exercise is unprecedented; my digestive issues are gone.

Worst part about being Primal: giving up most desserts; having to say "No" to carb/grain eating opportunities.

paleo77 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Name: Chelsea

Your location: Buffalo, NY

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Last week was my first week Primal eating! Before switching to this lifestyle I was really never a big grain eater, but I did love my breakfast oatmeal, sweets, and treats.

Do you consume dairy: I did before the previous week. I was an almond milk drinker but Greek yogurt and frozen yogurt were two of my favorite things to eat.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink one cup of coffee every morning, and occasionally have tea at night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been on and off diets for about two years now. I gained a little weight when I came to college and have had problems with yo-yo dieting to get the weight off. I decided to go Primal because it is a more holistic approach to making your body not just look better, but feel better. I'd like to gain more energy and a better sense of what I'm putting into my body.

Favorite exercise: Walking or running!

Favorite Primal food: Fruits and almonds. I know to eat these sparingly but I can't get enough of either!

Best part about being Primal: Having my whole body feel like it's more in sync. I can feel myself being energized and don't have to worry about putting artificial ingredients in my body.

Worst part about being Primal: I have five roommates who are definitely not Primal eaters so sometimes it's difficult to watch them eat the things I no longer consume, or go out to eat with them because of the places they choose.