Page 510 of 630 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 6298

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 510

Westmeister is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello, been lurking here for a month or two and joined today.

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 98.7% so far (started yesterday)

Do you consume dairy: Yes (cheese mostly)

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee daily (1 cup), tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being a fatso and be healthy again.
    Pursuing a serious change and not some quick diet led me here. I'm looking forward to the journey.

Favorite exercise: walking for now, weights eventually

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Forcing me to pay attention to what I eat. Should be fun learning to cook again.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Peasy86 is offline Junior Member
    Oh, and when I say coffee, I mean espresso with milk! None of that instant cr@p, and I don't like black coffee either. Trying to shake the habit because the milk gives me acne.

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself (and I love questionnaires ).

Your location: Czech Republic (in the middle of Europe)

Age (If you want): near 30

How Primal are you: now 100 % cause I want to loose some weight (in last year I was 90 % paleo for more than half a year, then heavilly fell of wagon - stress in work and excuses, now I want to come back)

Do you consume dairy: Yes (cream, mascarpone, greek yogurt and sour cream - yumm)

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee occasionally (1 cup of cappuccino in one or two weeks), tea daily (mostly green and fruit)

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight, binging, blood sugar

Favorite exercise: yoga, walking, swimming

Favorite Primal food: pork sausages from local farm, zucchini noodles with eggs and bacon, banana with dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal: cravings disappearing after some time - I'm looking forward to it very much

Worst part about being Primal: limited choises of food in coffeehouses that I love to visit with my BFF

ven
    ven is offline Junior Member
    Your location : Belgium

How Primal are you : I have been on and off for a while (at least a year). I commited myself to being at least 80% Primal starting this week, which is why, after more than a year of reading MDA, I am finally making this post.

Do you consume dairy : Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea : Both

Motivator for switching to Primal : The few times that I have managed to stay Primal for more than a couple of days, the change is quite noticeable. In a very good way. And the logic behind it (at least what I understand) makes sense to me.

Favorite exercise : Salsa dancing, Yoga, and High Intensity Interval Running (I have only tried it a few times, but the feeling that I get after running at full speed is great).

Favorite Primal food: Steak, bacon, blueberrys, almonds, seafood, coconut curry soup, etc.

Best part about being Primal :
    My excess weight starts to come off. My face clears up (my acne never fails to make an appearance when I fall off the Primal wagon, but it goes away pretty quickly when I hop back in). I have more energy. I don’t feel as heavy after a “big” meal. My health issues get better. Etc.

Worst part about being Primal :
    To eat (especially junk food) is my default response to most negative emotions (stress, sadness, anxiousness, insecurity, etc). This unhealthy relationship with food makes it more difficult for me to stay Primal.
    Other than that, several of my friends and acquaintances, especially those with some relation to the medical profession (medicine students, nurses) worry when I tell them about this diet, and some find it necessary to tell me why it is bad and that I should stop following it.
    And my food expenses go up.

But the good things about being Primal definitively outweigh the bad

Seti313 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Elk River, MN

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Usually 1% milk and cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: To loose weight before getting pregnant again

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Beef jerky - Hickory smoked from local company

Best part about being Primal: How you feel after eating a primal meal - Not like a slug anymore!

Worst part about being Primal: Cravings for other non-primal foods, remember, still new and hard to give up a few things.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seti313 View Post
    Do you consume dairy: Usually 1% milk and cheeses
    Welcome! Any particular reason why you don't go for the full-fat dairy?

cedgmon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you:
    Pretty Primal, but not a fanatic. I shoot for 100% and hope for 80%. I don't loose sleep over the occasional miss step.

Do you consume dairy:
    Very little outside of butter and the splash of milk in my eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    2-3 cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Due to health, injury and my favorite exercise my doctor said I need to be physically lighter. I lost 55lbs several years ago and although I gained some of it back (cough, cough 30 pounds), I was still the same size as when I weighted 210 and a 34 inch waist. So I have been counting calories and sweating it in the gym with some success.

I have a torn meniscus and my doctors said that gluten and the like are bad for the joints and should refrain from grain, gluten, carbs due to inflammation until after my rehab. So here we go. I was 245 lbs 245 on January 1 and have been on PB for three weeks and just weighed in at 228 and would like to be 195 by October.

Favorite exercise:
    I do Aikido 3 to 4 times a week with light treadmill or elliptical trainer 3 days a week low hear rate.

Favorite Primal food:
    Bacon, Kale, mushroom, onion saute

Best part about being Primal:
    Not hungry

Worst part about being Primal:
    Some days I feel like a meat Popsicle and feel like I am sweating protein.

littleknife is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Forever wandering

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Almost, almost there! - No grain, dairy, nightshades or processed foods but can't seem to give up the nuts and occasional honey.

Do you consume dairy: Nope, lactose intolerant after being vegan for year and a half.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love teaaaaaaa.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Negative protien levels, tired of stomach issues- desire to be a lean, mean, tree climbing, rock jumping girl!

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Coconut... or steak... or both... together.

Best part about being Primal: Not having to calorie count, having more energy and more freedom.

Worst part about being Primal: Friends and family stare at me like I have grown a second head when I try to explain why I don't feel like eating a mountain of pasta.

Brenda_D is offline Member
    Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Not sure, just started Paleo 2 weeks ago. Still confused over the difference between Primal and Paleo. Just started reading Sisson's book today. What I don't eat: Sugar, fruit, grain, starch, dairy, or anything artificial. After 3 or 4 weeks, I will try to add potatoes, oatmeal and rice back in to see if I can tolerate them. After that, I'll experiment with other foods.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, I only drink water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted a plan for life that would result in health and strength and would result in weight loss as well. I have PCOS and many food intolerances resulting in IBS. I had been at war with food for so long I hated eating. I've had a calm tummy for a short time now and am finally enjoying food.

Favorite exercise: Dance

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Not eating every 2-3 hours.

Worst part about being Primal: Meal planning and preparation. I don't like doing it, but once it's done, I do like that my meals are ready to grab and go.

stretch72 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Only 2 weeks into going primal but I've cut out all grains and legumes, all sugar and processed foods and am 100% committed. Due to the fact I work in a remote camp for 4 weeks at a time, I'm limited by what they serve up but I generally manage to find foods to suit. My only issue is where the meat, eggs and veges come from. I have no control of that but I also don't beat myself up over it as I am adhering to the principles of being primal as much as I logistically can.

Do you consume dairy: Only small amounts of natural yoghurt on fruit salad a couple of times a week and a dash of milk in the odd coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: As a long term coffee lover, I still enjoy the odd quality brew but have found that since going primal, I am craving peppermint tea so usually have 2-3 of these a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just made sense, pure and simple! Once I started reading about the Paleo lifestyle I then went on to read about the Primal extension of a Paleo lifestyle and never have I read something that resonated so much. I feel driven with a passion to make positive changes in my life. I haven't felt this invigorated in years!

Favorite exercise: Surfing - it doesn't get much better than mixing play with exercise

Favorite Primal food: A juicy grass fed rib fillet

Best part about being Primal: I know that this is the way I am meant to lead my life - just that knowledge alone makes me so incredibly happy

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with the friends and family who will think I've gone nuts. Not that I really care