Page 509 of 638 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 6377

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 509

Tabbo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Nelson, New Zealand

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you: Probably about 80% at the moment, it gets better as I get more organized and plan my shopping and meals better.

Do you consume dairy: butter, cream and very small amount of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: mainly tea, and im introducing more herbal varieties.

Motivator for switching to Primal: First thought: Long long story! but in a nutshell im overweight and my energy levels are terrible. Family history of diabetes and a sugar addiction to rival most. I had been dipping in and out of primal for a while, I knew this was the way to go but finally taken the big plunge and feel amazingly better after just three weeks.

Favorite exercise: going tramping in the bush.

Favorite Primal food: steak.

Best part about being Primal:no stupid low fat meals and feeling full but not sluggish.

Worst part about being Primal: trying to eat on the go if ive forgotten to pack something. Does every food outlet involve wheat?! pretty much

Jaxorebetter is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Nixa, Missouri

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: 80%+

Do you consume dairy:Butter & Cheese in moderation

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long story but I'll try to shorten it. Family history of heart problems. Had 5 bypasses done 2 years ago and also found out I was diabetic (have been on insulin for last 2 years) 40 lbs overweight. Since starting this am off insulin and glucose levels have been in the 110-130 range.

Favorite exercise: CrossFit

Favorite Primal food: MEAT!

Best part about being Primal: Getting healthy

Worst part about being Primal: Incorporating into family dining.

Beauduke is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wild Alberta

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: AHHHOOOHHHHOOOO

Do you consume dairy: Straight from the cow

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with caffine supplements....

Motivator for switching to Primal: Always was, always will be

Favorite exercise: KB Snatch, Heavy log flips, hill sprints

Favorite Primal food: The Weak

Best part about being Primal: No cage

Worst part about being Primal: Everyone else.

jacobhrobertson is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you: I am currently completely primal save for when there is simply not a choice. Being a student who is restricted by the foods that are served in the cafeteria, this usually pans out to about 85/15 or 80/20 on a bad week.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea? Yes, both in rather large quantities, unsweetend with no cream.

Motivator: I need to lose weight.

Favorite Exercise: Running, weight lifting, playing disc golf and Ultimate Frisbee

Favorite Primal Food: Venison

Best Part of being primal: Weight loss without feeling weak.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain why I am not eating certain foods.

South African Caveman is offline Junior Member

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi All
    Andrew from Cape Town, South Africa here. I'm a 39 year old, entrepreneur and keen to look like Mark asap!
    Always been reasonably healthy, and recently decided to go primal.
    I am at this stage going to have dairy and herbal tea's and coffee, but no refined foods, very limited carbs and follow paleo (other than these above) as closely as possible.
    Will also exercise and play as much as possible!
    Look forward to chatting to as many of you as possible!
    Andrew

projectme is offline Junior Member
    Hello, I just joined the forum.
    Your location: Australia
    Age (If you want): 64
    How Primal are you: 100%
    Do you consume dairy: No.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: No
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to be more vibrantly healthy and build a powerful body.
    Favorite exercise: Can't choose - Yoga, Pilates, Beach, Pump classes
    Favorite Primal food: Mmmm I think coconut has to be top of the list, with tahini, almond and macadamia butters coming a close second.
    Best part about being Primal: I'm only 3 days into this, so dealing with the detox effects. I'm loving having lots of yummy fats to eat. It seems such a luxury.
    Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

the_ox14 is offline Junior Member
    Hey all, just joined.
    Your location: El Paso, TX
    Age (If you want): 36 in 6 days.
    How Primal are you: Just started.
    Do you consume dairy: Occasionaly.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to be more active and need to shed some poundage for health reasons.
    Favorite exercise: Can't choose - Running and lifting.
    Favorite Primal food: I'm a big meat eater, but I like fish and fowl as well. Not shy around veggies either.
    Best part about being Primal: Not sure...haven't quite figured it out yet. I literally started today!
    Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

quirkydreamweaver is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone
    New member from England here I have been following the Primal way for 6 weeks tomorrow and I am one of those folk who is absolutely gobsmacked as to how fantastic primal eating and the primal lifestyle is gernerally. I was told that I was hypothyroid over 4 years ago, put oodles of weight on seriously quickly (after a lifetime of being a model-like (my dad's opinion!) and willowy 5'11 and a half inches and 10 stone 4 most of my adult life (144 lbs for all you US peeps).
    Well after never having a problem with my weight I launched into a low-fat, high-carb diet (according to U.S./U.K. 'law') and spent the next 4 years or so struggling with my weight and fitness, a victim of portion control, low-fat thinking and definitely chronic cardio. This is quite some feat if you have a thyroid problem, but that's another story . . . so let's cut that story short right now and I'll address the 'questions' . . .

Your location:
    Worcestershire, England

Age (If you want):

54 (nearly 55 - eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!) Hot though!!!

How Primal are you:

Very! Well, as much as I possibly can be. I would think honestly about 85-90%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Greek yog occasionally and raw, unpasteurised cheese. Oh and cream, very occasionally. And vintage Cheddar, you know, sometimes, when the occasion arises!

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of normal British tea with a dollop of semi-skimmed milk (half and half??) and then the occasional green tea during the day and evening. Coffee rarely but not banished.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I guess because, as a hypothyroid person, nothing else worked and I was really a bit desperate.

Favorite exercise:

Walking and hiking - 30 to 40 miles every week with my personal trainer (a huge German Shepherd dog); Pilates, which I've done for 10 years and Yoga, which I do intermittently, but love.

Favorite Primal food:
    Butter! After eating low-fat for years and years, it is unbelievable to be able to eat butter again. Ditto avocados :-)

Best part about being Primal: Definitely two things - undeniably the weight loss after several years of not being able to lose anything, having lost 12 lbs in less than 6 weeks feels amazing and secondly, as a person who has spent the last few years falling asleep every afternoon and hardly having the energy to get out of bed each moring - how I feel is incredible!!! So full of energy and permanently smiley!

Worst part about being Primal: Other people's incredulity and scathing comments! Not that I care to be honest, but it does do my head in sometimes!

beefygrassfed is offline Junior Member
    Hello all,
    thank you for this wonderful place to learn about living primal

Your location: Minneapolis, MN

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: just starting, but have been basically gluten free for almost 2 years

Do you consume dairy: just cheese and cream cheese, oh yeah butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Must drink coffee, kind of addicted

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have suffered with skin conditions for the last 10 years and hoping this will help, also what to live simpler. And dont forget about some weight loss in the process.

Favorite exercise: I enjoy running when my body permits me too, some arthitis inn my knees

Favorite Primal food: BACON

Best part about being Primal: Dont know yet

Worst part about being Primal

Thanks again

Peasy86 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: Canberra, Australia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Mostly, but finding it hard to shake coffee and chocolate.

Do you consume dairy: a little bit of butter and a coffee each morning (though I want to stop doing that)

Do you drink coffee or tea: as above, and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several reasons, I am sick of yo-yo dieting, it makes sense to me, I have always had issues with acne and the more I read about it the more I am motivated by health reasons

Favorite exercise: Ultimate Frisbee

Favorite Primal food: Sweet potato chips

Best part about being Primal: I am not as obsessed about my weight because it doesn't fluctuate like it used to

Worst part about being Primal: social stigmas