Page 507 of 600 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 507

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Denmark

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: not sure ... mostly I would say

Do you consume dairy: butter / ghee, aged cheese and occasional whipped cream or crème fraîche in cooking.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, coffee in morning, green or rooibos tea during the rest of the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: my and my wife's health were going the wrong way ...

Favorite exercise: moving in general (walking, running, biking, skating, swimming, etc), not a fan of any particular exercise

Favorite Primal food: eggs / bacon - fish and and fatty meats - organs (especially liver) but I like all those with a good amount of veggies / occasional berries and butter - all grass-fed / organic.

Best part about being Primal: feel great and it fixed most of our health issues, even my wife's decade long hormonal issues!

Worst part about being Primal: misunderstanding from close circle of non-primal family or friends, especially since we adopted the one meal a day eating schedule. We don't care too much though because we do feel excellent
    Last edited by dkJames; 04-08-2013 at 02:53 AM.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Your location: Denmark

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: not sure ... mostly I would say

Do you consume dairy: aged cheese and occasional whipped cream or crème fraîche in cooking.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, coffee in morning, green or rooibos tea during the rest of the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: my and my wife's health were going the wrong way ...

Favorite exercise: moving in general (walking, running, biking, skating, swimming, etc), not a fan of any particular exercise

Favorite Primal food: eggs / bacon - fish and and fatty meats - organs (especially liver) but I like all those with a good amount of veggies / occasional berries and butter - all grass-fed / organic.

Best part about being Primal: feel great and it fixed most of our health issues, even my wife's decade long hormonal issues!

Worst part about being Primal: misunderstanding from close circle of non-primal family or friends, especially since we adopted the one meal a day eating schedule. We don't care too much though because we do feel excellent
    For completion sake: I went "primal" 7 months ago, lost 11kg (24 lbs) and refined my eating habits. I gathered tons of knowledge about nutrition and well-being and helped my wife getting rid of her hormonal issues (almost 20 years of accepting what is not normal but so common). Now that winter finally decided to end in Denmark, we will be a bit more outdoor (we are in general but this winter had been very long up here).

MountainQueen is offline Junior Member
    Hi, brief intro...12 yrs ago I quit smoking, gained weight, then was able to lose it via calorie restriction, better eating(organic for the most part) and circuit training w some treadmill and walking/running. I have a lifelong love of of "learning" about wellness, my grandmother was a dietician, I feel like wellness is in my blood. (Right, I was doing "buns of steel workouts in my 20's and 30's, and still smoking oh dear!) I have numerous certifications including wellness coach, lifestyle and weight management, etc etc, but the ones that I feel are still relevant after discovering Paleo (since CW is no longer how I would coach someone) are mind-body fitness and food psychology coach. We all have to have pleasure from however we choose to eat, otherwise its not going to last and feeling deprived or guilty doesnt help anyone, and, I am really into visiualization techniques

Your location:Western Colorado, between Aspen and Grand Junction

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: mostly

Do you consume dairy: very little. Working on it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and tea. Much less coffee than I used to...

Motivator for switching to Primal: After reading "Intro to Paleo" by Abel James, everything clicked. How the foods we choose to eat(primal) combined with crossfit style exercise etc, it just all clicked and made so much sense. How the heck are there so many personal trainers, "diets", studies, etc etc etc, and (speaking about the US for the most part) sooooo many people getting bigger and more unhealthy every year?! Add in the information I am learning about gmo, grains, agriculture and it all makes so much sense. Also wanted to get my husband off cholesterol medication. ( I am still freaked out about changing his diet so drastically where that's concerned, even though I know how they work/ don't truly work etc)

Favorite exercise: body weight/circuit training/HIIT/hiking / don't like "cardio for hours" yay no marathons for me! It's so sad to see someone calorie restrict, eat a muffin, then beat themselves up and force themselves to burn 600 calories on a treadmill. Stop the insanity!

Favorite Primal food:bacon! I also love yams when I can find them, with some jalepenos! Try it its so good

Best part about being Primal: feeling empowered and knowing I am not participating in all the food lies.

Worst part about being Primal:sharing it with others whose mindset I know is restrict, binge, guilt, treadmill, and repeat.

I am looking forward to learning and sharing here!

dogsled7 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, great to be here.
    Five days grain-free and going as primal as I can day by day. Just hope I can stick with it.

prufock is offline Member
    Your location: Newfoundland

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Gradually increasing. I do some heavy lifting (Stronglifts, progressed to 3x5), sprint, and eat as much real unprocessed food as I can. Things I need to work on are more slow-movement exercises (the weather's improving, so this should increase over the next few weeks!) and getting more sleep.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I eat some cheese (mostly feta on salad), dark chocolate, and cream in my coffee. I also don't generally turn down foods due to dairy content (such as at restaurants or when I'm a guest in someone else's home).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, coffee in the morning, peppermint or earl grey at night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: For the past few years I've been experimenting with different diets and workouts. I'm not overweight, but I'm not in fantastic shape, either. Over my vacation last year I put on some extra weight (going up to 190+ from around 175-180 at 6' tall). Started doing Stronglifts (was previously doing split body days) but wasn't seeing any weight loss or fat % decrease. Cut out potatoes, grains, sugars, etc after reading this site and dropped under 190 after the first month, seeing a visible decrease in the amount of belly jiggle.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, swimming, climbing trees.

Favorite Primal food: How do you choose?! Roasted, unsalted almonds for a snack. Steak or pork chop with greek salad for a meal.

Best part about being Primal: Honestly, I'm really enjoying the way I'm eating now. I don't feel deprived of anything, and I'm making delicious meals.

Worst part about being Primal: Though I don't feel deprived, I DO sometimes miss the taste of certain foods - poutine, kettle cooked ketchup chips, sticky rice on sushi.

I've allowed myself a few breaks on my diet. Over spring break I had a creme egg and some mini-eggs, I do enjoy beer, and I munched on a handful of chips at a party. I don't beat myself up over these things, I just make sure I eat mindfully the rest of the time.

kathyd is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I've been lurking since the first of the year - not much of a poster. I had 4 spinal fusions a few years ago - gained 80#, lost 60# low calorie - gained 40 back instantly. I'm looking for a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Your location: DeKalb, IL

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: small amounts - cream, quality cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee yes - ordered some MCT oil and may try bulletproof coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I knew low carb worked for me in the past. I was really searching for anti-inflammatory diets, which led me to MDA

Favorite exercise: walking my dog - although Chicago climate doesn't always cooperate. I do belong to the Y and go about 5 days a week. currently have rotator cuff/tendonitis issues so basically doing cardio machines (lower intensity) and lower body exercises.

Favorite Primal food: quality steak, butter

Best part about being Primal: I can't remember the last time I felt this good and had this much energy.

Worst part about being Primal: preparation required to have the right foods at all times

Tomasson is offline Junior Member
    Hello everybody.

I'm pretty new to the whole thing. I had already tried to go primal for some time, but did not manage to maintain my new routine for more than a week. I bet this is too short to adjust to the diet and I'm gonna start it again this week.

I've lacked support from other people and that's why I decided to write this message. I'd be much more calm knowing that there are people helping me.

I've always been fit, good at running, but always lacked something. Maybe my skin problems contributed to that, I have a burnin desire to change my live by 180 degrees - get on a higher level.

One question: is there any possibility to start a topic on this forum where I could share my progress and ask about all my concerns?

By the way, I'm 17.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    New guy here. Wife and I are a little over a month into eating primal. We've been moving frequently at a slow pace and sprinting once per week but I have really slacked off on lifting heavy things. I do not have any large weights so we got a gym membership this week. Deadlifts and squats, here we come (as soon I am over my apprehension of lifting free weights with no experience).

My reason for going primal might be different than some of you. I have become sort of a prepper this past year. After gathering supplies and forming plans I decided that the most important prep of all is being in shape. Durability and strength are important things to possess in any situation. So here we go!

MountainQueen is offline Junior Member
    Saying hi to fellow new members! Aliphian I like your reasoning for getting in shape heh. Reminds me of my fb cover image

image.jpg

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainQueen View Post
    Saying hi to fellow new members! Aliphian I like your reasoning for getting in shape heh. Reminds me of my fb cover image

image.jpg
    I'm intrigued, but the forum says it's an invalid attachment...