Page 502 of 600 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 502

eggsforalice is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi, to answer those questions
    - I've basically been on and off primal for about 6 years now, I would say I've been about 70/30 the last 6 months.
    - Yes, but not much. hard cheese and full fat cream are about my only vices in that regard.
    - Yes, both.
    - Good health (and all its connotations)
    - Sprinting and lifting (dead lifts esp.)
    - BBQ steak and onion; bacon and eggs (classic.) and avocadoes (for any occasion!)
    - The way it makes you feel - so much energy, mental clarity, control, fitness etc.
    - It's difficult to maintain when there is so much bull***t propaganda and brain washing out there, especially when you're trying at it without the support of those around you.

tdugmen is offline Junior Member
    Hi to all!

Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 31 (well, 32 in less than a month :P)

How Primal are you: Started "seriously" just 3 months ago; been gathering information and chewing it for a couple of years, though. I'm primal most of the time, although maybe once a month I have a piece of home-made cake (at least I know it has real butter...). Good thing is that after that piece I don't feel temped for another 4 weeks, so it could be worse!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, hard cheese and full fat greek yogourt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea, the minimal amount of caffeine puts me on hummingbird mode!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just wanted to improve my overall health (and look a bit better on the proccess, lets be honest about it!)

Favorite exercise: Anything that involves mad no-rules play (calvin-ball, anyone?)

Favorite Primal food: Any protein (usually steak or grilled wild salmon) with vegetables (sprin onions, garlic, a bit of fresh ginger, courgettes, aubergine, peppers, cabbage, spinach... whatever is in the fridge!) sauteÚd in olive oil with some avocado.

Best part about being Primal: The energy!

Worst part about being Primal: facing the lunch options at work.

iambustanut is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Iowa City, IA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I'd say 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: Very rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and Tea both

Motivator for switching to Primal: more energy, reduce body fat, mental health

Favorite exercise: Running or biking, although I am somewhat of a gym rat and enjoy free weights. Also thinking about getting in to Yoga once or twice a week.

Favorite Primal food: A good steak and eggs will do it for me every time!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good about what I eat, energy levels thru the roof, being healthy in general has got me feeling great.

Worst part about being Primal: I have the occassional craving for some non primal foods, I try not to lose focus but it gets hard! When this happens, I buy the best cut of meat possible and all those cravings go away.

DaisyLee is offline Junior Member
    First Post!

Your location: Texas Hill Country

How Primal are you: I'm going for the 80/20 but do better than that most of the time.

Do you consume dairy: Low temp pasteurized local grass-fed half and half (daily), raw cheese rarely. Combine the two and have blue cheese dressing! Really wish I had access to raw milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Three cups a day before 10am. Trying to cut down to two.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just made sense after being on every diet under the sun.

Favorite exercise: Body Combat gym class

Favorite Primal food: Eggs & avocado

Best part about being Primal: It's so intuitive I can lose weight without trying.

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with eye-rolls from people who don't have any idea what they are talking about (I'm looking at you Mom!). Occasional self-doubt.

Gary is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southwestern New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Just started 2 weeks ago

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. 3 cups a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was diagnosed with Spinocerabellar Ataxia Type 1 eight years ago. SCA1 is a neurological disorder that affects the brain’s ability to control motor functions. Learning to function in a wheelchair seems to be the goal of a lot of SCA sufferers. Not me! My goal is to not need one. Going Primal seems to be a good step toward that goal.

Favorite exercise: Gazelle Glider

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Brand new at it but I feel like I'm doing something life changing.

Worst part about being Primal: I live in New Hampshire and I'm not sure but I think it might be against the law to not eat ice cream

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Clovis New Mexico

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Have been 100% primal since the end of January.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight

Favorite exercise: Basketball

Favorite Primal food: Salmon

Best part about being Primal: I don't get sick any more

Worst part about being Primal: Missing out on free non-primal food at work

Jimmyadams is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Los Angeles

How Primal are you: about 80 %

Do you consume dairy: Yes I love them

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes only Tea

Favorite exercise: Running, Push ups, Pull Ups, Bench Press and Many More.

Favorite Primal food: almost every

Best part about being Primal: I feel so relaxed

Worst part about being Primal: didn't find any.

superc4th is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: >90%

Do you consume dairy: Only on planned cheats (either good cheese or Haagen Dazs)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mostly tea (coffee less than once a month)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting rid of inflammation and joint pain

Favorite exercise: Handstands, prowler push, power snatch, power clean

Favorite Primal food: Everything! I love to cook!

Best part about being Primal: Losing 50lbs isn't bad, but getting rid of pain, asthma and allergies is pretty awesome.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss ice cream and desserts at restaurants... sometimes...

Skipixie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Surrey, England

Age (If you want): 45 (just!)

How Primal are you: six days in and 100% at least for as much as i know or understand presently as I am doing the 21 day transformation

Do you consume dairy: no except the tiniest bit of Parmesan on salads

Do you drink coffee or tea: no coffee, black and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: observing the results in some close friends and a desire and drive to live longer and healthier!

Favorite exercise: doing Mark's primal exercises, running and walking (still lots to learn)

Favorite Primal food: Mmmmm gotta be avocados, not really ever been a big meat eater so wondering how that will pan out, whether I will begin to enjoy it more

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet, ask me in another two weeks! Maybe right now it's the optimism and potential of the journey

Worst part about being Primal: Some early detox headaches, but I guess that's par for the course. Otherwise feeling good

Lucid Space is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hello all!

I'm happy to have found this site. It seems like a goldmine for knowledge, and a nice place for like-minded folk to gather and discuss.

To answer the OP's inquiries:

I'm not sure how to answer 'How primal' I am...

I just turned 30. I've always been a lover of fruits and veggies, and a generally healthy eater. [Thanks dad!] However, I have definitely eaten lots of grains/breads/pastas in my life. I've never really been a junk food purchaser though, or soda, etc. I have memories from the early 90's of my dad saying "We aren't buying hotdogs or Kraft Macaroni. It'll make you sick!" Recently, my father (who is a really healthy non-average American), got into intellectual debate with me about what I've learned about Paleolithic lifestyle, vs. Mediterranean lifestyle diets. I don't know anyone who believes totally in this lifestyle, or who lives it.

So, here I am.

For about 1 month now, I've been trying to reduce my intake of grains. That's been the hardest part for me, as I ADORE rye bread. I could eat that every day with some really good cheeses like Swiss, or Gouda.

I've reduced my dairy too. That part hasn't been too hard, since I don't like drinking milk. I guess it actually has been difficult to quit cheese and yogurt. I've done this gradual tapering actually. I always buy organic dairy, by the way. In the morning, I have a little organic half-and-half with my coffee, sans sugar, of course. I absolutely still drink teas, and won't ever stop that.

My motivator for switching has sort of happened by, happenstance! haha I was recently worried (after eating mostly vegetarian for the majority of the previous year), about the possibility of protein deficiency. Also, I get skin breakouts, and someone told me that they heard peanuts could be a problem for some skin-types. At the time, I discarded the idea as a quackery like comment from the obtusely airy health food store cashier. Long story short: After doing the research about the various types of healthy diets, and the schools of though behind them, I stumbled upon an article about peanuts (and legumes)! It led me to paleo! So, that's also why I'm here now.

My favorite primal food? I don't know how we can pick just one! I love so many things. Mostly plant based things, though I certainly love meat and fish. I'm sorry to my poor body that I deprived myself of meat for so long. I consumed too much soy, I believe.

During survival mode, if the whole society collapsed, who would live longer? A hunter? Or a rigid vegetarian? I think we know the answer to that. The vegetarian would quickly convert to carnivore.

The hardest thing I've experienced, is worrying about: "How am I ever going to eat pizza again?!!!!!"

I read something about making a dough with almond flour, and chickpea flower though. (yes, yes, I know, TRUE paleo says NO BEANS! ugh. lol)

I'm still going to be seeking more science behind the 'anti-bean logic'. I thought that consumption of proteins WITH phytic acids, reduced the 'anti-nutrient' effect that is claimed.

Okay, enough of my rambling now. ha.

I look forward to learning things from Mark, and all the people here.
    We are like cattle, blocked in by industrial confines. Walking down aisle seven, I grab my wheat flakes like a foddered bovine. ~lucid space