Page 500 of 621 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 6201

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 500

UVaddict is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Louisville, KY, USA

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: 90/10%, I cheat, and I regret it everytime.. I'm getting better however now that I have been following keto for a bit

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes, it's never regular, butter and cottage cheese mostly

Do you drink coffee or tea: love both

Motivator for switching to Primal: gluten intolerance was really destroying my digestive system, and i slowly eliminated all grains from my diet, and then HFCS, and then regular sugar, and now on and off with carb foods i.e. potatoes

Favorite exercise:I love trail running, I just love being out in nature, I start crossfit tomorrow, I hope that becomes my favorite too

Favorite Primal food:Eggs are a gift to mankind, definately eggs and coconut oil

Best part about being Primal:digestion is wunderbar!

Worst part about being Primal:explaining why you eat the way you eat to people who don't even know there is WHEAT in bread... yes, it's a daily thing, especially in Kentucky.

ashamahleyyy is offline Junior Member
    Ashley

Your location: Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: cheese on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: both (Bulletproof coffee when I drink coffee)

Motivator for switching to Primal: lack of energy and wanted a change in diet (and my fiance started eating like this. team effort!)

Favorite exercise: squats now that I know how to properly do them!

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed burger with avocado

Best part about being Primal: Easy choices, don't have to read labels as much because I'm shopping the outside perimeter of the store.

Worst part about being Primal: I feel guilty for the amount of fat I'm eating...

angelle321 is offline Junior Member
    Hello all!

Your location: Michigan

How Primal are you: At the moment, mostly.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, some. BUTTER. Some cheese, HWC in my coffee, ice cream when I'm slipping.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but mostly coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight.

Favorite exercise: Zumba

Favorite Primal food: Coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: Toss up between the weight loss and the evening out of my hunger. When I'm more SAD than Primal, when I get hungry, I'm crabby, headachey, and ready to gnaw off my own limbs. It's nice when that goes away.

Worst part about being Primal: Toss up between having to eat foods that I don't enjoy that much and how difficult it can be to find things on the go when I don't have time to cook.
    Last edited by angelle321; 03-18-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    ---

SW: 247 | CW: 236 | GW: 145
    My Journal

The Primal Minister is offline Junior Member
    My location: Northern Virginia

How Primal are you: I'm assuming I'm pretty primal. I can't afford to do organic and grass fed all the time, but I get it when I can. I don't eat fillers: bread, rice, corn, pasta or taters. I use my juicer every morning. I go to the gym at work during my lunch break or slip out for a walk. I usually eat leftovers from the night before or have enough juice from the morning. At night, I cook primal when I'm home.

I have to work multiple jobs and am out 2-3 nights a week working as a server and bartender in a restaurant. I've gotten pretty good at adapting meals to be suitable for Primal living. I also work once a week as a softball umpire which gets me some outside time and the opportunity to move around more.

Living near Washington DC, there are tons of trails and parks to explore. When the weather's nice, we're out and about. fI play baseball in an adult leagues in the spring and fall. Can't wait to get out on the diamond in a few weeks.

Do I consume dairy?: My mom grew up on her father's dairy farm. I don't buy a lot, but I'll have some cheese on a burger or once in a while with some eggs. It's not an everyday staple though. I will grab some ice cream with my son once a month or so.

Do I drink coffee or tea: Yes to both. No cream. Haven't used it in nearly fifteen years. I don't have to have caffeine. I just enjoy an americano on Sunday morning right before heading into church.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Watched a good friend start about a year ago and knew I'd be following those footsteps. Weighed myself around Thanksgiving and saw I was just short of my heaviest weight. Pants were getting tight. I couldn't button my shirts at the top and wear a tie. There was no way that I was going to buy new clothes that were bigger.

Favorite exercise: Pullups. I could barely do one a few months ago.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Bacon

Worst part about being Primal: Not enough Bacon

fartsparklebarbie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas (Near Houston)

Age 45

How Primal are you: day one of primal. But I have the advantage of having been approx. 50% primal to start with.

Do you consume dairy: Yogurt...that is going to be a hard one for me. I love expensive cheese with wine too!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm a coffee freak...today is the first day in a very long time I haven't had a cup. I like green and white teas!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and Energy. I am not overweight...but I want to make the most of this time I have left!

Favorite exercise: Squats ... all shoulder exercises!

Favorite Primal food: Peppers / Spinach / Seafood

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know soon.

Worst part about being Primal: No Yogurt....chips and salsa (I'm from Texas, remember)...

ThreeStrong is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ontario Canada

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Today is my first day on this forum!
    Do you consume dairy: Yes! the fatter, the purer the better!

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes! Tea, coffee, water and Kombucha are my only fluids

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and wellness and to take my wheat-free, sugar-free lifestyle further

Favorite exercise: my own program; BodyHugs; a program I created to incorporate all of my favs; ballet; pilates and core strenthtraining!

Favorite Primal food:Lamb and any high purine meats; I am truly a carnivore!

Best part about being Primal: if it's anything like the wheat-free, sugar-free journey I began just over one year ago, I will appreciate the calm and coolness of my life; no more emotion and physical surges.

Worst part about being Primal: falling into the old habits!

Evolved_Insanity is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

How Primal are you:
    I've been knowledgeable of low-carb lifestyles for several years. I've gotten what I'd call "seriously primal" in the last 50 days.

Do you consume dairy:
    Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    2-3 cups of coffee per day w/non-dairy creamer and Splenda

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    The incredible amount of energy I seem to have while operating on very little food.

Favorite exercise:
    2-hand kettlebell swing

Favorite Primal food:
    Chicken, bacon a close second

Best part about being Primal:
    Everyone at the grocery store thinks I am "eating good".

Worst part about being Primal:
    Letting go of my non-primal life was harder than I thought. Much harder. In fact, I could only compare it to suicide, in some regard.

newbieiniowa is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you: 80% or so. Have done a few "30 day" paleo challenges, and now want to stay on the wagon for much longer

Do you consume dairy: occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, around 2 cups black daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to get healthy, boyfriend is a huge motivator also

Favorite exercise: body weight exercises: squats, lunges, pushups

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: feeling better on the inside and looking better on the outside

Worst part about being Primal: being Primal in Iowa, too cold to play outside!

Dickson is offline Senior Member
    Hey everyone!

Your location: Lombard, IL (originally from Minnesota)

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Probably now at the 75%-80% range. I had dabbled in it for a while, thinking I knew what I was doing from reading Mark's blog, but finally bought the book and was quickly sold.

Do you consume dairy:Yes, yogurts and heavy cream with the coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: My greatest weakness is an iced sugary breakfast drink from my local coffee shop (mocha, latte, americano's-- I'd drink it all). Finally cut them out about a month ago. Now it's my favorite rare treat, I've had one in about a month.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My waistline finally got out of control, and I found that I liked eating like this by doing it on a part-time basis.

Favorite exercise: Swimming! I was a high school swimmer, but was never as fast as I would have liked. My goal is to increase my swim sprint times to faster than I could do at a Varsity level eating garbage and not working on strength.

Favorite Primal food: Once I am done with school and have a decent job, I will be eating bison regularly. I love it, it's just a bit pricey around here.

Best part about being Primal: Fasting! I love eating one large meal at night and then making it to the next day to chow down on a feast. Can't even hope to do that as a vegan/SAD eater!

Worst part about being Primal: It's hard to be primal without eating pork. I love the taste of pork, but I grew up helping neighbors butcher their swine and even on a small farm, the process is pretty brutal. Trying to cut out all pork products is a near-term goal of mine.

Steve032d is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Great Nation of Texas! Dallas, baby!

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 50%-75% I just picked up the book and I'm enjoying all the information. I've been following MDA and tryin to go primal for the last few months. I've now had grains and dairy (except for cheese, all-nat, high fat) cut out for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I have cheated on 2 meals. Breakfast crepe and a few slices of pizza (barely ate half the crust) I'm working towards a 85%-99% primal goal! Bringing my GF along for the ride.

Do you consume dairy:Only high fat All naturaul cheese. Maybe a lil yogurt ina fruit smookthie every once in a long while,

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffe, Semi daily. Usually black but sometimes I like to candy it up (rarely)

Motivator for switching to Primal: The idea that our health depends on what we consume. Grok had the best health because he consumed the correct things. Longevity, energy, rejection of the SAD lifestyle and the general new american way are all reasons I want to get more GROK! Simplicity!

Favorite exercise: Pullups and push ups at home.

Favorite Primal food: LEAVES with everything! But the grassfed farmraised beef and cagefree vegen chicks and eggs are AWESOME!!! Make me feel so good!

Best part about being Primal: The new energy and peace of mind knowing I'm investing in one of the most important things my body. Also cheese, wine and 90% Cocoa.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up cookies and cake. But it's not so bad when you learn to love Walnuts and Cocanut shavings.