Page 499 of 621 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 499

Christinatopia is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Albany/Menands, NY

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I started the primal diet about 1 month ago and i've already lost 14 pounds. I went from being a vegetarian for about 17 years to eating some meats. I still haven't mustered up the guts to eat red meat, but i've been eating all types of fish and seafood as well as poultry and bacon. I also eat loads of fruits and vegetables, seeds, nuts and even the occasional bit of rice or potato (in moderation). I include dairy but only full fat and fermented dairy products, like full fat yogurts, cheeses and local heavy cream.

Do you consume dairy: Guess I already answered this one above lol

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes both, but with no added sugars.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Dr. Mercola's grain-free diet actually lead me to this site. I was researching ways to control my acne and he mentioned a grain-free diet. This correlated with exactly what I should have been doing for years because I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago with PCOS and insulin resistence. I was put on metformin and spironolactone and told to keep taking birth control. I'm an environmental studies major and i've always been into natural foods and holistic approaches. The last thing I wanted to do was fall into the conventional medicine trap for the rest of my life. So, I jumped on the primal wagon to help me with weight loss and to help reverse its associated symptoms: PCOS and acne along with depression and insulin resistence, which has only caused me to become very obese and heavy around the mid-section. I have completely stopped taking all meds (except I take a probiotic/zinc/borage seed oil supplement for my skin which helps a lot) and I feel better than i've ever felt before in my LIFE. My energy has sky rocketed and my depression is already 100% gone. I'm also losing inches like crazy which is especially noticeable in my clothing. The best part is my boyfriend noticed I lost some weight already, which is something I haven't been able to do for years with calorie-restricting diets and chronic cardio.

Favorite exercise: I have always loved going on long hikes but hated how winded I became, especially after gaining a lot of weight due to insulin resistence/PCOS. Now I feel like I can hike for miles longer without losing my energy. I love it! I love nature and hiking. Also, I love doing sprints outdoors and I really think it helps to shed some pounds.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon! Haha also I love making shakes in my nutrabullet. I've been using a paleo whey protein I found on amazon and blending it up with fruits, greens, chia seeds, cinnamon (great for insulin sensitivity and also tasty!), almond milk and/or almond butter, sometimes a small amount of cream and ice. I do different variations and it's always so tasty and satisfying. Also I love making mashed cauliflaur... I came across a really yummy version of a shepards pie which uses mashed cauliflaur, veggies and meat and coconut milk. SO good!

Best part about being Primal: Well like I mentioned before, I feel absolutely amazing! Lots of energy, no depression, but the absolute best part is I rarely ever feel hungry. I could sometimes eat just once a day and feel completely satisfied. Before eating primal, I was constantly hungry... nothing ever satisfied until I ate to the point of feeling guilty and disappointed in myself. Now I can eat some bacon and eggs, or a large salad with grilled chicken and avocado, or even a handfull of raw nuts and some fruit... and feel full. Amazing.

Worst part about being Primal: There are few convenient foods. This is not the diets fault in itself, but rather, the way the modern American diet is structured. I'm a busy person because I work full time while working on my thesis. Sometimes, I just want to grab something quick to eat, but there are few options for that. So, eating primal does require that you plan your meals ahead of time and always remember to bring along some primal-approved foods if you know your day will be busy. Occasionally, it's ok to somewhat cheat (like I do once in a while with chinese or indian food).

Mitch is offline Junior Member
    Welcome and good luck. Sounds like you are making great progress.

yeffers is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone,

Today is day one of my journey in what seems an endless search for a healthy life style. I'm very new to primal, just started reading the "Primal Blueprint". Thank you Mark for a fresh and sensible approach to a healthy life. I'm sure there will be challenges along the way, but I plan on giving it all I can to develop the Grok

Your location: Albany, NY

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Just getting started

Do you consume dairy: Some, try to stay with organic

Do you drink coffee or tea: morning cup of coffee, occasional gren tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for sustainable healthy lifestyle

Favorite exercise: running, weight training

Favorite Primal food: eggs, steak

Best part about being Primal: the simplicity

Worst part about being Primal: no more pasta or homemade bread

Living Costa Rica is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: I live in Costa Rica

Age (If you want): newly 46

How Primal are you: Great when I have no outside influences. I have been sugar and processed food free for at least 10 years.--my daughter has never understood that. I still have issues with "cheating," especially with bread, and corn tortillas (and pay for it greatly afterwards).

Do you consume dairy: I try not to. I have totally eliminated milk, yogurt, and non-aged cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee every morning with coconut milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: We have been living in Costa Rica full-time for 2 years, so when we first settled here in Costa Rica, we (my husband and I), started the "Typical" diet, which includes beans and rice. Also, a large amount of the diet is pasta, corn and flour tortilla--these items are all a reduce price. After several months of this "Typical" diet I became very uncomfortable. After complete misery--I looked for the possible causes---and found out that my diet could be the main factor.

Favorite exercise: There are none. But I do force myself at least 3-4 times a week.

Favorite Primal food: I enjoy most of the food--I have found a new favorite--Beef Tongue--wonderful.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing, except I have no will power to avoid bread, and corn tortillas when presented to me.

I do have several things to overcome living in Costa Rica---there are no alternative flours--have to make my own--it is not easy to find alternative oils (vegetable shortening or oil is the choice)--have to learn how to render my own lard.

I will overcome these things---there is one thing I must do and that is find the will-power to NOT eat the things that cause me discomfort when presented in front of me. I must learn how to make the alternative food.

My ultimate goal is to feel great, and to no longer have this bloating and round stomach. I was very strict for 45 days, and felt great, but then my daughter came for a visit, and we went to several wonderful restaurants and I ate bread, rice and tortillas. Ever since then I have not been able to get back on track.

Wish me luck.

Erin is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Currently in Galway, Ireland for a few months, from Rhode Island though

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Minimally (cream in coffee, occasional cottage cheese or Greek yogurt)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and get healthier after gaining the freshman 15

Favorite exercise: Jogging

Favorite Primal food: Avocados!

Best part about being Primal: Eating delicious food and feeling great

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to people that it is indeed possible to live without bread, cereal, rice, and sweets.

Rhiny08 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Ipswich, UK

Age 37

How Primal are you: day two of primal. 80% I would say as still very early days

Do you consume dairy: only small amount of cheese. May eat Greek yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee & green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: battling with weight for years. Always been a gym goer and enjoy lifting heavy weights but with that I eat to much especially starchy carbs

Favorite exercise: Squats , military shoulder press.

Favorite Primal food: Steak & eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling less bloated

Worst part about being Primal: giving up oat meal , bread , potato chips and breakfast cereal. I ate a lot of breakfast cereal at all times of the day

Chendry is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Vanderhoof, BC

How Primal are you: 80/20, sometimes 70/30 sometimes 90/10. Started with Whole 30 to kick it off in October, 2012.

Do you consume dairy: small amount of Greek yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea

Motivator for switching to primal: inflammation in joints felt like arthritis; weight loss and injury prevention; to prevent my daughter becoming pubescent too soon.

Favorite exercise: Anything outdoors: hiking, camping, skiing, swimming, sprinting, trampoline ( when was the last time you jumped on the trampoline?), and pull ups.

Favorite Primal food: Fish, sashimi really.

Best part about being Primal: feeling awesome. All. The. Time.

Worst part about being Primal: uh. Nothing. What's so bad about it? Primal! We love it!

Mitch is offline Junior Member
    A couple of thoughts on lack of convenient foods. If you are going to be out for awhile, eat a fat-heavy meal and you will likely stay satiated all day: Yesterday I had a piece of fat from the corned beef I prepared to finish the meal, maybe 3" by 3" and felt like I was stuffed for a few hours after. So that avoids the issue.

If I want to have a snack handy I have a couple of things I use. One, there are always nuts and a few go a long way, I'm careful not to overconsume. For variety I will sometimes combine nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes and perhaps cut up pieces of jerky. For the jerky it can be tough to find it without sugar so be careful. Again a little goes a long ways especially if you had a fat-heavy meal beforehand. (For breakfast, I will make an omelet with two or three eggs, veggies, perhaps bacon and cooked in plenty of butter or bacon grease. Easily gets me through a day)

Gwen is offline Member
    Hi everyone!

Here goes:

Your location: Mission Viejo, CA

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: 95%...?

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf coffee occasionally, decaf iced tea, yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: makes sense, trying to lose weight, want optimal health for my age.

Favorite exercise: dancing to my playlist of fav fast songs.

Favorite Primal food: steak, of course.

Best part about being Primal: feel light, and weight just dropping right off. And the knowledge it's so healthy!

Worst part about being Primal: I honestly can't think of one, at the moment!

Poo Man is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age 35

How Primal are you: ?? mostly, feeling poor after not eating right is making it easy

Do you consume dairy: Ghee, heavy cream in coffee and on fruit

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - 1 large in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feeling poor working a physical job.

Favorite exercise: Sprints on bike, chin-ups

Favorite Primal food: Fish, Eggs

Best part about being Primal: The eating change has revealed so many areas that have improved... eg. my poo has returned to normal - i definatley had some gluten issues, aches and pains (muscular and tendon) have gone, hayfever much improved, i sleep like baby again, i dont need to eat constantly, i eat way less overall, work output is high all day long ;-)

Worst part about being Primal: The worst part?... It should be the advice from doctors, governments etc. But its not, its all a massive scam. I have bloody eaten sh1t for 35 years that was making me fat and sick, but it was Kn "healthy wholegrains, eat as much as you want". Anyway, now to convince my Mum