Page 498 of 601 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 6007

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 498

Zenofdog is offline Junior Member

Hello primal/paleo humanoids

Shop Now
    Hello primal/paleo humanoids!

I live on the eastern end of long island in NY and have been 90% paleo/primal since October 2012. I am a 44 year old single father with custody of my sixteen yr old boy. Dairy is a BIG negatory rubber duck! Occasionally I'll have black coffee but my drink of choice is organic gueyaki Yerba mate! My motivation for beginning this journey and continuing to absolutely love it was my doctor who is a recent NATUROPATHIC graduate. I had severe back problems due a defect in my lower back and a resultant surgery which left me in bad shape. The last time I stood on a scale I was 224 lbs. I lost 25 lbs in the first 30 days! Today I'm about 185 lbs. I went from a size 38 waist and this past weekend I tried on a pair of size 32 jeans and they were snug but, I was in! We suspect that much of my physical pain was a reaction to wheat/gluten/sugar/dairy cocktail! My favorite form exercise is hiking and running. This past Sunday I ran 1.5 miles at 6 am and at noon went on the devils hike 6.66 miles with 30 lb pack on my back! Favorite primal food is organic BACON!!! The best thing about being primal is how much better I feel and the weight loss which I didn't expect at such a rapid pace. The most disappointing thing about being primal is not eating anything dairy... Especially no mint chocolate chip ice cream...

Becs is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Aiming for 100% and working on my husband and 2yr old.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but considering axing it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Becoming a mum and seeing all the obese children walking around. I myself am slim, but I've always had an obsession with exercise and I need to cut it down and have more family time.

Favorite exercise: Snowboarding

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Been 3wks now, and except for a funky digestion this week I really feel fab.

Worst part about being Primal: Wanting to share it with people, and finding most lose interest once you mention no grains saying its too hard.

emmytee is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NE US

Age (If you want):20

How Primal are you: Probably 95%

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, no (experimenting); cream and butter, yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to lose weight and eat my favorite foods while doing it

Favorite exercise: Rowing on the water. It's been a few years

Favorite Primal food: Jerky

Best part about being Primal: The lowered appetite. I feel so independent from food, not counting calories!

Worst part about being Primal: Cheese is my best friend but I am sensitive to it

I would love some Primal friends and subscribers to my journal! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread80305.html
    You can also kik or MFP me at xoemmytee I'm Selina_Kyle on Fitocracy.
    F/5'4"/20 SW: 165 Primal SW:157 CW: 154 GW: 135

sossidges is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Scotland
    Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 6 days a week, then i'll eat something sugary.
    Do you consume dairy: rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: love a cup of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: sort of drifted into it without realising others had thought about it too. Was reading about human evolution, cooking and lately about soil erosion, all intertwined it seems.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: cabbage

Best part about being Primal: waking up feeling positive
    Worst part about being Primal: being part of a fad diet

primalwitch is offline Junior Member

Introduction

The Questions:

Your location: Vermont

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: I don't consume grains of any kind. Beef is only grass-fed (we bought a steer and a freezer), I try to only buy antibiotic free chicken and pork, stock up when its on sale. Lots of fresh veggies, organic when possible/affordable. I don't eat much fruit or starchy veggies since I'm trying to lose weight. I do have heavy cream in my coffee every morning, and use grass fed butter and cheese, sparingly with the cheese. I only use cocunut and olive oil to cook with, avocado oil for salad dressings and mayo. I avoid all legumes. My biggest challenge is if I go away to visit family for a week. I do pretty well on the road, surprisingly, but once we get there and the sandwiches are ordered for lunch or starches at supper, that's when I might be apt to cheat a bit. I also drink red wine occasionally, and a bit of dark chocolate here and there.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Full fat, grass fed, local (raw if I can) for the most part.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with heavy pasture raised cream. Tea or herbal tea as well, no cream or sweetener.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fatty Liver Disease. Since going Primal last year my enzymes have come down to almost normal. Now I need to concentrate on getting the fatty deposits out of my liver.

Favorite exercise: Walking, yoga, hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Tough call - crispy sockeye salmon skin? Medium rare grass fed steak on the grill?

Best part about being Primal: I can pretty much eat as much as I want, as long as I don't eat nuts and cheese all day. I hate counting calories and trying to figure out how many of this or that I've consumed. This is simple, and it fits in with my normal eating habits, which is natural, unprocessed whole food.

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing a bagel, or sometimes walking past a bakery window or something like that, or seeing a really good slice of pizza... I've figured out Primal versions of most everything, and at home it's no big deal... being out or with others that are eating those things are sometimes hard, but as more and more time goes by, I really don't miss them. And most of the time when I do have a cheat meal or treat I regret it immediately. Progress!
    Last edited by primalwitch; 03-14-2013 at 06:13 AM. Reason: ETA: How could I forget that we have our own chickens? Lovely fresh organic pasture fed eggs from our happy free ranging he

megwilliams is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Connecticut, USA

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: newbee (second day in)but I am in love with this concept!

Do you consume dairy: Yes and I will admittedly find it hard to remove/reduce. Baby steps, right?

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to coffee, wondering if tea is better? Especially since I drink tea "black" but coffee must have creamer and sugar (ugh!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: My twin sister, who is my genetic equal, swears by it, is about 70 pounds lighter than I am, and overall much healthier with more energy. I am sick of feeling like crap and I don't even eat a ton of food a day (upwards of 1,700 calories a day, with daily moderate exercise)

Favorite exercise: Walking with my babies! And doing solo Zumba in my basement- so much fun!

Favorite Primal food: Steak!!! I am a carnivore lol

Best part about being Primal: I don't have much experience yet but I already feel myself get hungry less. After reading many comments here, it looks like there are much more positive benefits coming my way!

Worst part about being Primal: Up front I will say reducing/eliminating? milk. I love a cold glass of milk and I often make protein shakes with it. That will have to be phase 2 of elimination (phase 1 is grains and sugar), unless it is ok to drink the milk because the protein content is so high with the whey protein???

lorenmark is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Slowly but surely giving up all caffeine, last cup of green tea yesterday

Motivator for switching to Primal: Autoimmune issues, IBS, psoriasis

Favorite exercise: Capoeira, yoga, running, swimming

Favorite Primal food: fish, egg yolks, chicken

Best part about being Primal: Feeling exceptionally healthy with a sharp mind

Worst part about being Primal: Missing chocolate and caffeine, although I don't miss the negative health effects of these two

284226 is offline Junior Member
    I'm in Scottsdale, AZ
    I will turn 46 on Sunday
    I currently consume some dairy
    I currently consume significant amounts of coffee
    I want to be more comfortable in my body and able to achieve my riding goals.
    My all time favorite exercise is horseback riding.
    My favorite Primal food will likely be bacon.
    I'm not sure what the best and worst parts of being Primal will be. I am starting the 21 day Total Body Transformation on Monday since the activities are set to start on a Monday.

Gmc
    Gmc is offline Junior Member
    Hello Everyone I'm Gary from Boston
    age 38
    getting more primal by the day
    minimal dairy
    coffee- recently dropped the cream ---yikes
    motivation-better health and a better beach body
    favorite exercise-Brazilian jiuJitsu and all that comes with it
    favorite primal food-scrambled eggs with broccoli
    best part of being primal-longevity (hopefully)
    worst part has to be social expectations

Mitch is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Guess it's time to quit lurking and introduce myself.

Your location: Phildelphia

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: 90% plus. I only waiver with too much (for primal) alcohol, I like wine and spirits-though I have cut way back.

Do you consume dairy: Some. A little yogurt though I often use it as a base for marinades, butter. A little cheese though rarely.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, occasional tea. I restrict coffee because for someone with my body chemistry it can spike insulin..why would I want to do that?

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, energy, appropriate weight, like the Primal philosophy.

Favorite exercise: Walking, the basic exercises Mark reccomends-push ups, squats, planks with pull ups to come. I would like to begin Crossfit 2-3 times per week.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: So natural, healthy and easy

Worst part about being Primal: There is no worst part.

I've been doing fairly strict Primal for a few months now. I do not weigh myself, though I guess when I started I weighed 250-260, 44 inch waist. (I am 6'3", medium/large frame)

I seemed to plateau a bit about six weeks ago. To get through this I did a few things: I cut alcohol from a couple of drinks 3-4 times a week to no more than once a week, trending less. I eliminated cheese. I eat fewer bright (higher carb) vegetables, focus on darker: green peppers for example rather than red or yellow, no carrots etc. I generally fast 16/8 or similar. I cut back on nuts-macadamias are so easy to devour While I do not count calories, I do try and be aware to not over-calorie. Half or 3/4 of the steak for example is plenty, I use the balance in a salad the next day.

So far, so good. My energy level is good, and I seem to have broken through the plateau.

My waist is now 38. My old suits literally fall to my ankles; if I put a belt in the old pants it looks like I am wearing a sack. I'd guess I've lost 30-40 pounds.

I have a couple goals next on the list. One, become more fit; to do so I need to up the exercise intensity. Crossfit when I can afford it will do this, in the meantime I will work harder on the basic exercises I do now. Second, I'd like to get to a 36 waist. I have a stretch goal but one thing at a time. Like so many on this forum, I've learned the value of patience, slow and steady.

One thing I notice about my experience that seems to be different than many. I've done low carb a couple of times before, and now Primal. Each time when I cut way back on the carbs, eliminate sugar etc. I have no issues with withdrawal-in fact i have the opposite. The first couple of weeks I feel like I am on speed. Really, I buzz with energy. Any ideas why?

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch; 03-15-2013 at 06:24 PM.