Page 497 of 627 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 6264

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 497

jdnz is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Wellington, NZ

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: This has been the hardest for me to eliminate. I have cut out milk but do have the occasional bit of cream or cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I was drinking about 6 cups a day but have got it down to 2 or 3, would like to keep reducing it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: After being on a low protein, low fat, high carb renal diet and packing on the weight I wanted to take control and start really living and enjoying life.

Favorite exercise: Dancing, cycling and walking/tramping.

Favorite Primal food: Kumara (sweet potato)

Best part about being Primal: No more fatigue, ezcema is 99% gone and weight loss!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to convince people that this is a great, healthy and natural way of eating - not a diet but a lifestyle!

AJR
    AJR is offline Junior Member
    40 year old happily married father of 2 boys (2 yr and 3 wk old) in San Diego, CA (formerly a Kentucky boy of 30+ yrs though).

Just started primal yesterday; doing pretty good but i had a little white rice and i do dairy (cheese and heavy whipping cream). Need to research yogurt - any input? Huge coffee drinker - little cream or milk and lots of sweetener - Splenda or stevia (the latter has been dropped).

Always obese - from kindergarten through college and into my first job. 250+ lbs through high school and peaked at 345+ lbs in my early 30s. It wasn't abnormal for me to eat a double quarter pound cheeseburger supersize value meal AND a 20 pc.chicken mcnuggets followed by a quart of peanut butter chocolate ice cream. But i did only drink diet sodas...

I got fed up with fad diets and no success (and no girlfriends - no confidence) until i tried Atkins approx 10 yrs ago. Lost 100 lbs on diet alone the first year or so and it wasn't torture. Then started exercising and lost some more and held it off. Ultimately got down to 210 last year but started creeping back up and yo-yo'ing between 230 and 215. Currently I'm at 225 and not happy - as a 40 yr old Dad i want to be active with my boys and around a long time. I know I'm eating way too many carbs - breads, cereals, oatmeal, pancakes/waffles - and around the holidays i always have too many sweets.

I think I've only maintained because I'm pretty active - walking the dogs, weights, cardio, and my favorite stand up paddle surfing. I also track calories religiously so it's the type and balance of food I'm eating.

It's also always a fight to keep under my calories - constant cravings. I seem to remember not having the cravings like i do know when on a low carb lifestyle. If primal helps cut them then that will be my favorite part.

Worst part - educating those around me whom I'm close to that this will work, it's not a fad, and that they need to make minimal changes if they want to help (no more lasagna, spaghetti, our bean soups!).

I'm glad i found the forum - looking forward to the support and ideas!

Andy

AMJ2222 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: England UK

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Just starting today so very little at the moment!

Do you consume dairy: Hoping to cut it out or at least cut back significantly

Do you drink coffee or tea: Normally loads but so far today managed on just Green tea and water, I think I'm going to miss my morning cup of tea though :-(

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fed up of feeling tired and demotivated, also gained weight over the last year so would like to lose the weight but I think that will come from feeling less tired and wanting to do more.

Favorite exercise: Walking, I have two dogs so its a good job really!

Favorite Primal food: Yet to find out

Best part about being Primal: Also yet to find out

Worst part about being Primal: I think its going to be trying to be prepared as I'm really bad about planning what I'm going to eat in advance

Glenview is offline Member
    Welcome, Andy. You can get raw milk at Sprouts or Whole Foods near you, or cream top non-homogenized milk at Trader Joe's. I use these to make my own yogurt. I culture it for 24 hours (not 8 or 12) so that it has the least amount of lactose and casein. I just buy a tiny tub of plain Greek yogurt for the culture since I don't have "yogurt starter." I love dairy, but when I committed to doing things differently than I had before, I had to admit I never changed my dairy consumption. I am having good results with only eating home made yogurt or sour cream, and pastured (Kerrygold) butter. No milk, very minimal cheese.

Good luck with living different than you have before!

roggg is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ottawa Canada

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I've been at it for about two months, and I'd say about 90%.

Do you consume dairy: Yup. Mostly yogurt and cheese, but I try to stay off milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yeah, I drink a lot of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It's two-fold. The first is in spite of an active, sport-filled lifestyle, my weight has been steadily creeping up for the last 5 years. I needed to change what I was doing. Second, I have a personal history, and family history of heart disease, bad cholesterol, diabetes and related health issues.

Favorite exercise: Karate

Favorite Primal food: Chili

Best part about being Primal: Weight loss seems easy

Worst part about being Primal: Preparation. There's always bread in the freezer, but fresh veggie only keep a few days so I need to be thinking two days ahead all the time.

PaleOne is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Very (never had a sweet tooth so it's easy for me)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Butter, Cheese, Sour Cream (not in excess)

Do you drink coffee or tea: ~1 cup of coffee a day (About 2 weeks into paleo lifestyle, I noticed myself not fnishing 1 cup of coffee. Already have a lot of energy so dont need it and it started making me shaky. Used to consume 2-3 cups a day.)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose a few pounds, Needed to lower Blood Pressure, get ready for my wedding in 7 months

Favorite exercise: Swimming, Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Medium Rare Grass Fed Ribeye or any other meat cooked on the Big Green Egg

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great about everything in life every single day.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing

thehowlmoon is offline Junior Member
    Hey all. Finally signed up on the forum. I just officially started my primal journey a little over a week ago, but have been doing my research for over a month now. I am now addicted to this blog. haha

Your location: Nashville, TN

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: I'm in the process of at least doing a full test elimination of dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: If coffee then decaf, tea every once in a blue moon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: For the past ten years I have completely trashed my body- drinking, smoking, partaking, etc... and it's taken its toll. I gained around 40-60 pounds in college and it was primarily belly fat. I developed binge eating and drinking habits and I struggled to maintain a healthy diet, even though I have been very health aware for a long, long time. I decided that at 25 it was time to take control of my health and really commit to something that made sense to me. As soon as I stumbled upon this blog I couldn't get enough. So far, it's the only lifestyle guide that I find myself agreeing with for the most part. I guess in part it's sort of a test to see what actually does happen if I stay the primal course over the summer. I would love to be able to build muscle, lose fat, and have a solid "beach body".

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Spinach/Kale Salads loaded with all the goodies.

Best part about being Primal: So far it's been an almost complete loss of bloating, and an overall good feeling. I haven't quite put my finger on it yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to listen to people tell you how much they love donuts.

Anyway, hello. My name is Anthony. If you would like to know more, don't hesitate to ask!

Peace.

dodt911 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Arizona

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

100% so far, no cheat meals

Do you consume dairy:

No

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I have had lower abdominal bloating on and off for about a year and after numerous expensive doctor bills, I was turned on to primal eating by a co-worker.

Favorite exercise:

Sprinting, surprisingly enough

Favorite Primal food:

Any meat

Best part about being Primal:

Knowing that I'm eating only healthy things for my body and the bloating seems to be going away.

Worst part about being Primal:

I miss some sugary foods, but it's worth it to feel good and know my body is getting what it needs.

RuthGV is offline Junior Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Belfast

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Around 90%

Do you consume dairy: Full fat cream in morning coffee and odd shaving of hard cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 morning coffee with dribble of cream.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and strength with the added inbuilt bonus of weight-loss.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: Eggs (versatility).

Best part about being Primal: Feel great, stronger, have lots of energy and beginning to look better.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Nothing yet!

Jencossy is offline Member
    Your location: Northern Ireland

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 80 - 85%

Do you consume dairy: recently have been cutting down but have double cream and hard cheese occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: oh yes...

Motivator for switching to Primal: researching topic for some time...MBF RuthGV and I decided to throw ourselves into the lifestyle mid-feb and we haven't really looked back. Nearly 25lbs weight loss between us.

Favorite exercise: Swimming but I do like to jog and cycle too.

Favorite Primal food: hmmmm....smoked salmon, but there's loads others I could mention

Best part about being Primal: This is the first time in so long that I have started noticing a real change in my physique with very little effort. I also feel free from the constraints of most carbs. ( occasional cravings that are satisfied by 80/20)

Worst part about being Primal: The niggling doubt that such an extreme change might be harmful to my health. Although the results so far haven't been anything to scorn at.