Page 496 of 621 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506546596 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 6205

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 496

Leslierwood is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Everyone: I am newbie. I have to say I eat pretty much a Primal diet, but need to eliminate the grains & legumes (I LOVE peas, and black bean soup)....I am getting a palatal expander next week, and even with the little spacers in, am having trouble eating anything, so if anyone here has experience with my situation, I would love to hear from you. I did search the forum, and didn't see any posts that addressed this.

Your location: West Liberty, Ohio

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: a little

Do you drink coffee or tea: de-caff peppermint tea, sometimes a really good very strong cup of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: health. My "fibro" may be a result of my lower jaw being out of place for 40 years....that's why the palatal expander goes in next week, then braces.

Favorite exercise: walking, jogging, gardening

momto4 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Marlton, NJ

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: just 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: it was suggested by my trainer at the gym. Wanted to lose weight and be healthier

Favorite exercise: Kickboxing

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: more energy, better sleep patterns, body fat is down, I feel much less bloated!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to family/friends why I eat what I do, and then when people say they want to try it, they come up with a thousand excuses as to why they "can't" do it. I also miss peanut butter.

LovelyCrafty is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm new to the forum here and just registered so I thought I'd introduce myself I'm Rachael, DIY blogger extraordinaire and workout junkie. I'll take a stab at these questions...

Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I think 90% + at this point. No sugar, grains, legumes, micro amount of dairy.

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream in coffee only

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long time health junkie, but only recently came across a Crossfit type gym...and you know those places are full of cavemen I joined in November, but finally started looking into primal/paleo about a month ago. Turns out my raw fed dog was eating better than I was. Read Robb Wolf's book about 2 weeks ago and was appropriately HORRIFIED. Cleaned out the kitchen and pantry within the hour. I was previously eating (and cooking for my husband) a VERY low fat almost vegetarian diet. I had not eaten nuts or whole eggs in years. So it was quite the 180

Favorite exercise: Jump rope, handstand pushups, situps

Favorite Primal food: Meat (bacon right now, since I rarely ate it as an adult previously) or greens.

Best part about being Primal: I feel so relaxed about eating and shopping. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It's also very much in line with other parts of my life (previously mentioned raw fed dog, I don't use shampoo, I make my own laundry soap and cleaners...)

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmmm...I guess maybe that I have to really pay attention to being prepared with food options. Less "convenience" options.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's stories!

Seow is offline Junior Member

Hi Everyone:

The Questions:

Your location:
    Dubai (currently)

Age (If you want):
    early 50's

How Primal are you:
    While I do not consider myself as having a Primal lifestyle, I do try to avoid grains, starches and processed sugars. I do eat lots of meat, eggs and veggies. The casual observer often considers me to have adopted a primal/paleo lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy:
    a little with my daily 3 cups of coffee - and occasionally cheese and yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    like I said above, yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Just kind of "evolved" from low-carb diet, to low glycemic to paleo/primal to metabolic type diet.

Favorite exercise:
    Hiking. Although I do strength train and swim as well.

Favorite Primal food:
    A good steak - usually rib-eye. Avocados!

Best part about being Primal:
    Being in better shape than before.

Worst part about being Primal:
    It can be a little anti-social when eating out with friends even when being discreet.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    I posted a new thread yesterday but I didnt answer most of these questions in it!

The Questions:

Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: As primal as I can be! I get stuck with more limited choices when I visit family, and from time to time (less than a couple times a month usually) I will just let myself have a meal that is not primal if I REALLY want it.

Do you consume dairy: Some, Im lactose intolerant so I can only really eat stinky old cheese. Which I do. Yum.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Coffee in the morning, (herbal) tea in the evening.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was sick and tired of counting calories and still being overweight!

Favorite exercise: For fitness, lifting. For fun its swimming at a beach. I don't like swimming in pools.

Favorite Primal food: I love so many dishes! My favorite food period is raw clams or oysters, with lime juice and maybe a little fresh salsa mixed in (only if its clams though). I do like a really nice cut of venison cooked rare on the barbeque too though...

Best part about being Primal: I dont worry about eating or event think about it that much anymore. I just enjoy food. I used to obsess over it because I feard gaining weight and it really killed the joy of eating good food.

Worst part about being Primal: I cant eat most the food from my culture (mexican) and most people think Im crazy. Also, eating out is pretty impossible.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

KimPossible is offline Junior Member

Starting Today

The Questions:

Your location: Boulder, Colorado

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: starting today, but plan to be very primal

Do you consume dairy: a little, I love paramasan and blue cheese on salads, cream in my coffee, Greek yogurt in smoothies

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee every day .... a really big cup

Motivator for switching to Primal: After having two kids, I was able to get back to my pre-baby weight easily. Aside from during pregnancy, I have maintained the same weight since college. However, in the 5 years since I turned 40, I have started gaining weight. I need to reverse that trend! I love the approach to fitness not being such a grind, but focusing more on quick, intense workouts, weight training and fun outdoor activities.

Favorite exercise: hiking, biking, skiing

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet ... can I have chorizo sausage?

Best part about being Primal: having a plan to follow, less emphasis on endless cardio

Worst part about being Primal: hard to plan meals to pack for lunch (sandwiches are so simple!)

Dena is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North Carolina, USA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Still new to it and working on it, but about 70% there.

Do you consume dairy: Eggs and some cheese like feta or goat

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was vegetarian for 22 years and vegan for 8 months. I'm also a (shhh...) chronic cardio girl, running marathons and ultras and just couldn't seem to lean out or drop any weight. I started off with Tim Ferris' slow carb diet and then found my way to Primal. It's been a huge mental leap eating meat again and I'm cautiously feeling my way into it, but so far, I'm seeing results I like.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Sweet potato

Best part about being Primal: Feels like I'm part of a secret "in the know" community

Worst part about being Primal: Defending my choices to family and friends who think I'm following some random fad

Your location: Quebec, Canada

How Primal are you: 80%. Cheat occasionally on weekends, or special events.

Do you consume dairy: No, except on cheat days.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not really, coffee on cheat days or if I'm working.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Got tired of being a vegan for so long, lacking energy... wanted to be more normal, if you can believe that...

Favorite exercise: Pullups.

Favorite Primal food: bacon wrapped dates.

Best part about being Primal: Having tons of energy!

Worst part about being Primal: How expensive my grocery bills are... I eat about enough food for two-three people.

beccaboo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: San Jose, CA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 100% most days, I have small cheats occasionally

Do you consume dairy: a small amount of raw milk cheese occasionally, I plan to attempt homemade yogurt & kefir soon

Do you drink coffee or tea: lots of herbal tea, turmeric tea, green tea, black tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: went primal with a couple friends, we all support each other. We are all doing it for improved health and fitness.

Favorite exercise: sprinting is fun

Favorite Primal food: berries

Best part about being Primal: no more stomach pain! and I am demolishing my sugar/carb cravings

Worst part about being Primal: a lot of time spent cooking, dish washing, planning ahead. but its worth it!

whitewolf is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Estonia (In Europe)

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I was about 50-50 for a year (that meant basically cutting grains and adding cream to coffee ). Few months back ran my first marathon and really carb loaded myself freely :P
    3 weeks ago started 90/10. Hope to stay that way. Want to loose these 2-5 kg(I'll see how it goes along the way) that keep me from being confident and happy about myself

Do you consume dairy:sour cream, cheese, heavy cream, cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1-2 cups of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to live a healthy life and not to obsess about food and my weight all the time. Still obsessing, but it's kind of a good obsession lately. Also my husband has high blood pressure (runs in the family), he is 30, not overweight at all(185cm/85kg) and his bp was 100/165 before medications. I wish that healthy eating could get him off the meds, but he is still at the 50/50 approach :P

Favorite exercise: running/hiking with my dog and bodypump

Favorite Primal food:eggs

Best part about being Primal: sugar cravings basically gone

Worst part about being Primal: I seem like a lunatic when talking to other people why I do not eat bread or pasta. Really try not to talk about it at all.

And I apologize for my english, not my everyday language