Page 495 of 638 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 495

sheepcat is offline Junior Member
    Hi John here, just a quick message with a quick question, does anyone know if Quinoa is okay, I think that it is a fruit rather than a grain. Fun to be on here!

Why no pig?

Quote Originally Posted by Brionté View Post
    Hello everyone. Call me Bri.

The Questions:

Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am sworn off coffee, but do enjoy tea about once a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be healthy (and losing weight is a bonus).

Favorite exercise: Soccer & Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Almond butter =)

Best part about being Primal: I love nuts. Any excuse I have to eat them is welcomed.

Worst part about being Primal: Meat in general. While I was never a vegetarian, I did drastically reduce my meat consumption when I began purchasing my own groceries. I really don't like to cook meat; unfortunately it is a major part of being primal. Let me just say, that I will still NEVER eat pork. About 50% of the primal recipes I have seen have bacon in them--No thanks!

Hi Bri,

just curious why no pig in your diet? I am always fascinated by peoples food phobias, have ever tried raw steak? It is amazing. Anyway just curious I am new here too.

Johnny

Ah, I see there are set questions, now it feels like a test, no police here are there?

Location- Rhondda, (that is pronounced RON-THAR) Wales

Age- 40

How Primal- Very but new to this

Eat Dairy- Not really some natural yogurt and cheese no milk

Tea and Coffee- 3 cups of coffee all before lunch, no milk

Motivation- A steady 1-2 lbs weight gain for about 15 years despite my very "healthy" diet of wholegrain, something is not right there!

Favorite exercise- Um, sex of course, or does that not count? Okay thundering down mountains on my bike.

Favorite Primal food- Steak, more or less raw, I give it a minute a side on a super high pan.

Best part of being Primal- When I am hungry on his diet it is a different kind of hungry, I can wait to eat, I found when I was eating lots of carbs that when I was hungry I HAD to eat straight away.

Worst part of being Primal- I love cake, but what weight loss program lets you eat tonnes of cake?

Sol
    Sol is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone! I'm a suuuuper newbie at this (it' my second day as a Primal). So here it goes:

Your location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: trying to be as much as possible. Argentine diet has a LOT of flour, even though grass-fed meat is easier to come by than anything else...

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: it's an experiment. My diet has been ruled by CW since I can remember, but I can't help to think that all "low calorie" products and so many other artificial things can't be good for my body. The Primal way of eating resembles much more to what I think is healthy.

Favorite exercise: why, dancing Tango, of course!

Favorite Primal food: don't have one yet.

Best part about being Primal: it's exciting to try a new way of life!

Worst part about being Primal: that would be the lack of support from my family. The expression of my mother's face when I told her I was going to eat fat was priceless though...

sarahvbxl is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm Sarah. Been dabbling with the paleo diet for awhile but just last week decided to put my full effort in.

Your location:Eastern Cleveland Suburb

How Primal are you: Half-hearted for the past few months, recently very strict

Do you consume dairy: I'm working on learning to use coconut milk in my 1 cup of morning coffee. Not working great so far.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I brew iced tea and very lightly sweeten it with maple syrup plus that one pesky cup of coffee that I can't bear to drink black lol

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several reasons; scientifically it just makes too much sense not to try it. Second, I was wrongly diagnosed with celiac disease but the 9 months I spent on a gluten-free diet were the healthiest months of my life. After doing some research, I'm convinced I can cure all my aches and pains with my diet and exercise.

Favorite exercise: I'm a bartender so at night I make sure I always carry 2 cases of beer at a time to stock. The 2 cases equal more than 50% of my body weight and I do it multiple times a night so that's my "carry heavy things" lol and I just started doing yoga to help my arthritis and I love it.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better than I've ever felt in my life

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to convince other people in my life who could really be helped by this diet.

My plan is to go orthodox paleo for 4-6 weeks to level my body out and gauge my weight stability (I'm trying to gain weight, not lose...). After that I'll try to slowly introduce small amounts of raw milk and quinoa at separate times so I can tell what reactions I'm getting from each one. I'm hoping that they'll be some good calorie additions to put some pounds on! I'm very fortunate in that I was able to find a naturopath/western dr combo in my area who's willing to act as a nutritionist since we're hoping to start a family this year. At 31, I have disk degeneration in my neck and back and arthritis in those areas as well as my knees and toes. I also have a mild case of adult acne that never seems to go away no matter how much I spend on skin care. I've already reversed my IBS and GERD just from the half-hearted attempt I've made so I can't wait to see what happens when I put 100% effort in!

sumacito is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Hamilton Ontario Canad

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you: starting -- but pretty primal to begin with (except my love affair with peanut butter)

Do you consume dairy:very small amount -- 21g cheese for a snack 1x per day

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:getting back to pre baby weight -- feeling good -- energy

Favorite exercise:hiking and weight lifting

Favorite Primal food:beef

Best part about being Primal:I am pretty fussy -- when I eat this way there is no pressure to try other things

Worst part about being Primal:no peanut butter

I work in the processed food business -- yes -- one of the people creating the evil temptations of ice cream, pizza and waffles.... (but also frozen fruit and veg :-) ). I have always spit the food I taste out -- but it does lead to cravings -- this is a big part of my job and virtually impossible to avoid... wonder if there is any research out there about tasting and spitting food...

la_chica is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone! I have been moving in a primal direction for quite some time but have just made more of a commitment to the lifestyle. Anyway, here's my infos

Your location: Wisconsin USA

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Rarely eat processed, I'm pretty much grain-free, lots of meat....

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I starting cutting out carbs about a year ago and really liked the way I felt. I picked up Mark's Primal cookbook at my brothers house and LOVED all the recipes. I recently got his more detailed book and have been changing my cardio routine. Anyway, a long way of saying that I feel great adhering to a primal lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: powerlifting (squat in particular), horsebackriding, swimming...I guess that is more than one

Favorite Primal food: So hard to answer. Probably chicken. I cook a lot of whole chickens. Its become kind of a hobby.

Best part about being Primal: When I ate lots of carbs my glycemic level was all over the place, and I would get so hungry I would get irritable and easily upset. Now I can skip meals or notice hunger without freaking out.

Worst part about being Primal: ??? I'm pretty comfortable with this lifestyle. It is really hard for me to do extended cardio and stay within 55-75% max heart rate. When I ride my horse I go over that and start to get worried about stressing my body out.
    Last edited by la_chica; 03-06-2013 at 12:51 PM.

leukothea is offline Member
    Your location: Seattle WA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: I'm the "full fat dairy" kind of primal...

Do you consume dairy: Oh God yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several... Watching my father's slide into horrendous health issues, and vowing that would never happen to me. (2) Gaining lots of weight after beginning weight training. I told myself it was all muscle, but there's stubborn fat that refuses to come off -- lots of stubborn fat, actually. (3) Reading about carbs and sugars and how the body handles them made me realize that they aren't good for me and I should stop eating them.

Favorite exercise: Barbell deadlift, closely followed by barbell squat!

Favorite Primal food: Roast meat (yummmmmmm) Beef, pork, chicken -- all of it. And the juices. And the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. And I no longer feel guilty about it!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling guilty about eating the chicken skin, salmon skin, delicious roasts, bone broth, full fat dairy... ;-)

Worst part about being Primal: It is only Day 2 for me and I already miss bread, scones, muffins, waffles, pancakes, cornbread, rice, jook, naan, paella, coffee cake, tarts, cakes, pies, danishes, Ebelskiver, kringles...

Diane G is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NE Tennessee

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: Just starting, slowly replacing food with Paleo.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love greek yogurt and use organic milk in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: For health, weight loss and energy.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Nuts, avocados, chocolate, and steak

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out and families homes.

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Minnesota

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: Yes, raw and grassfed

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall health, well being

Favorite exercise: Barbell deadlift

Favorite Primal food: my own grassfed beef and pastured eggs

Best part about being Primal: Vibrant health and strength and lost 50lbs in 4 months as a bonus

Worst part about being Primal: None

Been Primal for almost 3 years now and I'll never go back!