Page 490 of 625 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 490

wildthing is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Richmond, VA, US

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Food wise, 75%. Lifestyle, 50%.

Do you consume dairy: Definitely, but I avoid presweetened things(obviously) and I love yogurt and kefir.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Like they're going out of style. Lately my body has really been craving tea particularly.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, big time. Potential weight loss a far second. Details below.

Favorite exercise: I'm not gonna lie, I love to run. And lift. And yoga. I'm not a chronic cardio chick, but running loves me and I love it. Fartleks are my favorite!

Favorite Primal food: It's so hard to choose, but I love the little fatty bits of a good steak, as well as sauteed celery. That stuff is delicious.

Best part about being Primal: The energy is amazing, and my stomach problems disappear.

Worst part about being Primal: It's very difficult eating a completely different diet from your friends and family. I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to.

I'm 310 pounds right now, due to severe, suicidal depression and, more importantly, the medication I've been taking since last summer. I have health problems coming out my ears, mostly secondary to depression and my inability to move and eat properly. I was on this diet before, and I really felt much better- unfortunately, my doctor put me on a new medication for a rare brain disorder and this medication made it impossible for me to eat- all I could choke down occasionally was rice pudding. I was so sick! As I eased off the medication, I was still focused on just what I could keep down, and I wasn't ready to go back to Primal yet. Now I am, thank goodness, and I'm so excited!

The weight is a problem right now; my body doesn't like being this weight. But more importantly, I must nourish my body properly as it goes through this difficult time and give it the energy it needs to cope, I have to promote health as best I can.

Let's see how it goes! But after only one day full Primal, I already feel better!

ModernSavage is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oceanside

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: One day I made a strawberry pop tart and a protein shake and asked myself why I was not eating real strawberries that were in my fridge and how come I'm not enjoying steak and eggs. A real meal instead of a convenient substitute.

Favorite exercise: Squat, Bech, Deadlift, Press, Row, and Pull-ups, HIIT cardio all ya need.

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: I can go all day on an 8oz fatty steak and salad

Worst part about being Primal: Kind of an outcast

PrimalFlyer is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: 95 food / 75 activity

Do you consume dairy: 2 x per week

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, espresso macchiato with coconut milk kefir. one-a-day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Broke my leg skiing 2 years ago & was bed-ridden for months,
    read the book & didn't want to get fat sitting in bed all day!

Favorite exercise: Running 2 x per week, HIIT once a week, body-weight circuits, pull-ups, planks, playing with my kids

Favorite Primal food: wild anything..red salmon, mackerel, boar, venison, duck, lamb

Best part about being Primal: Feelin good about myself & my body. steady 70kg weight.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it in a nutshell to skeptics

jankay is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want):42, female, engaged to a great guy who has also gone primal with ease and is thriving, blast him!

How Primal are you:95%

Do you consume dairy:Yes, but not at all helpful for weightloss

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes, white coffee leaves me hungry, black coffee kills my appetite. What am I drinking right now? White coffee...

Motivator for switching to Primal:Lupus and renal transplant of 18 years. Been messing around with Primal since 8th December last year, last bloods were a huge improvement and lupus markers were very low for the first time in over 20 years. Sugar and wheat were my triggers for that.

Favorite exercise: Walking - hunting with my two schipperke dogs on the four large dairy farms around my house. Rabbits and hares. My partner taught me to shoot (.22 rifle) and I was amazed at how instinctive the whole process is. I never EVER thought I could kill anything, but having a purpose (feeding my dogs) and seeing the dogs turn from silly yappy town dogs to steady, supremely fulfilled and happy country dogs has been a real eye opener. They were born to hunt and kill as a part of their psyche, and apparently so was I as a human. Who knew?!

Favorite Primal food:Eggs.

Best part about being Primal:No arthritis symptoms and huge increase in energy and clarity of thought.

Worst part about being Primal:Having to bring food from home when you are out and about for the day.

Primal living has transformed my life for the better in so many ways, but the 10kg I want to lose is not coming off. I know exactly what the culprits are - dairy products and lashings of lovely brazil and walnuts, but after giving wheat, grains and sugar up with very little hardship I am really stuck on these last things. Yes I know nuts are Primal, but not for weightloss!

This time last year I lost 6kg doing Body for Life, which left me permanently exhausted and obsessing about food ALL DAY. Eating primal, food is a subtext to my day which is great, but I haven't managed to start weights again. I loved weights on BFL and my body type responds very quickly to heavy lifting, but I remember the utter exhaustion from doing chronic cardio as well as weights. So I will be starting another thread asking for internet workout and PL buddies. Accountability to others will make the last little bits of my transition to PL much more enjoyable

Cottontail is offline Junior Member
    Hi not sure if this is the first place to post.

I am new to this and from the UK. I thought that I was supposed to answer the questions above but I can't click in them.

Jan

DBMX925 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Troy, NY

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: 50/50 just starting

Do you consume dairy: Butter Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes sense! I have osteoarthritis, looking to slow down it's knee destruction.

Favorite exercise: Riding my dirtbike

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Looking to gain health benefits

Worst part about being Primal: Going to miss pizza

Cottontail is offline Junior Member
    I only started this about 5 weeks ago, half heartedly. Lots of reading and thinking about it first and here I am.

I have not eaten any bread for all of this time. OOps one little piece. Feel better already.

The reasong for giving it a try is that I was constantly feeling bloated. Waist size would increase by 2 inches at least by the end of the day.

I do not need to loose weight. (doctor says) but I would be more comfrtable if I lost 5 to 8 pounds and got a better waist.

I always look fatter than I am as only 4 foot 9 and three quarters. Weight is 7 stone eight ish. I looked my best at 6.5 many years ago with a tiny waist.

I need more exercise and to be healthy.

Husband is partially convinced, but will have a hard time giving up bread as he takes sandwiches to work and they are easy to eat. I am looking for alternatives.

Daughter introduced me to this way of thinking.

I am fine with the meat, easting fat and reducing grains. I only use butter, coconut oil and olive oil. Not sure aobut giving them up completly as I have made buckwheat flour pancakes and chickpea flat bread. I know most of you do not approve of buckwheat, but cannot fiind much on chick peas. Especially used as a flour. Is it so bad?

Sorry about spelling I can spell just mistype and there is not spell cheker.

wihnlandy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New England

Age (If you want): Mid 20s

How Primal are you: Not enough yet to start eating beef tongue and hearts on a regular basis, but DEFINITELY believe in the pyramid. Getting the diet down and working on making the lifestyle choices (getting away from technology and getting outdoors more) a regular habit.

Do you consume dairy: I do, but try to keep it limited.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love my coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've followed the Primal Blueprint for 1 month - 2 month stints but have always gotten off track and struggled to get back on. Now 3 weeks into starting for the third time, I'm prepared to make a commitment to the program I just always feel better and have so much more energy when I'm living primally!

Favorite exercise: A good jog on a cool day, pushups, and planks.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon on bacon on bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Aside from the clear health benefits, I've really enjoyed challenging myself in the kitchen and learning to prepare meals in new and delicious ways.

Worst part about being Primal: Not drinking the IPA's I'll forever love

Excited to share my experiences and get motivated to live primally with all of you! I've always found inspiration from reading your stories, learned so much in reading Mark's blog posts, and I'm THRILLED to be a part of this community!

Megatron is offline Member
    Your location: Brooklyn

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I am trying to be as primal as possible, budget and location allowing.

Do you consume dairy: Cream in my coffee every morning.

Do you drink coffee or tea: You will take my coffee away from my cold dead hands.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health problems like serious blood sugar and lady issues.

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: Liver.

Best part about being Primal: Not a lot so far, but trying the recipes from the cookbook have been fun.

Worst part about being Primal: At the moment, feeling like dying, but I hope I can figure out some good work arounds.

caesar is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: nubee

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been out of work for 4 month and have reached a moment of clarity I think. Mortality (lost 2 siblings both when they hit 50). I want to live life get out of the house and my 'comfort zone'.

Favorite exercise: None really

Favorite Primal food:I think it would be steak, still learning.

Best part about being Primal: Learning

Worst part about being Primal: Learning