Page 489 of 601 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 6001

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 489

guitarmadness is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Charlotte NC

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Paleo,

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just trying to switch to Paleo right now

Favorite exercise: Work

Favorite Primal food: Curry

Best part about being Primal: Ahhhhh, the non tiredness after a meal.

Worst part about being Primal: Sorry, I miss some sweet stuff.

Dutchsarah is offline Junior Member
    Hi everybody,

My name is Sarah, 32 years old and living in the Netherlands.
    I came in contact with MDA via a good friend and am reading every inch of the website now.

I am not able to fill out the regular meet and greet form due to the fact I haven't started yet. I am in the middle of moving houses and have no room yet to focus fully on my new lifestyle to be, but, boy, am I looking forward to this!! The stories I have been reading are highly motivating!
    We are moving to a part of the country where both my boyfriend and I grew up and we are really looking forward to go back and to this new start in our lives.

Excellent moment make my kitchen Primal proof and start with the new rest of my life

I will keep you posted on my progress and hope to speak to you soon on the forum.

Greetings Sarah

jeni is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy: Some cheese, some butter, some creme. So...yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Far too much coffee, I'm well aware.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been wheat free for a year now and it made a huge impact on my life. I would like to give myself the extra push to go completely grain free and to find more effective/efficient ways to work out.

Favorite exercise: Yoga.

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal: Meat. Especially since I spent 2 years as a vegetarian prior to going wheat free (wheat free and meat free was miserable).

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining to people why I don't eat grains without sounding like a jerk.

epicuriousbynature is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alaska

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Eh... I'd say more than the average person, no completely obsessed, although some co-workers say I am.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I can't give it up. Cheese... butter.... HEAVY CREAM!!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both, hot and cold

Motivator for switching to Primal: It's been a process for years. Health, weight, figure and the love of Bacon!

Favorite exercise: Cycling/Spinning

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye!!!

Best part about being Primal: Eggs... Bacon... Steak... MEAT!! It keeps me slim!

Worst part about being Primal: People questioning my diet habits without being informed.
    Last edited by epicuriousbynature; 02-19-2013 at 05:23 PM.

cremory is offline Junior Member
    I am 62 and live in Oregon. A sleepy urban town called Aloha. I am primal about 99%. I don't get fresh vegetables as often as I like but I use frozen vegies.
    Do I consume dairy: Yes, very small amount in my coffee. I use heavy cream, cheese, cream cheese. I switched to almond milk for my coffee and love it.
    Do I drink coffee or tea: yes, 2 cups in the morning. Sometimes tea for a different flavor.
    Motivator for going primal: My son-in-law started this years ago and kept trying to get me to do it also. At the time I couldn't but my daughter did. She lost about 50 lbs. Now my circumstances have changed and I am committed to the lifestyle. My daughter and my son-in-law both coach me now.
    Favorite exercise: Being able to walk without a walker. When I started the diet 5 weeks ago, I couldn't walk all the way through my house, nor could I step onto my treadmill. Now, I am walking without the walker through the house and I walked on my treadmill for 4 minutes yesterday. I am thrilled.
    Best food: Bacon-I live on the stuff.
    Best part about being primal: That I am losing weight for the 1st time in years ( I had given up on ever losing again). Less medicine. I am already down 20 units in my insulin consumption.
    Don't know of anything negative about primal yet. I don't miss potatoes or grains. I get chocolate. I'm happy.
    I will try to post at least once an month to post my progress. Good eating to all of you!
    Last edited by cremory; 02-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.

mbtwos is offline Member
    Your location: Pa

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: 99% daily

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, but coffee daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: My weight was getting out of control

Favorite exercise: taekwondo

Favorite Primal food: Steak, bacon, deep dark chocolate!

Best part about being Primal: I feel so much better.

Worst part about being Primal: Talking to others about it.

hawthorn is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bristol, England

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Still working out how to do it around other family members diets, but having dabbled I'm going to start with cutting out grains and sugar more religiously.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - real yogurt and some cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for vibrant health and energy instead of all the tiredness and stress-exacerbated minor health issues that are my daily lot right now.

Favorite exercise: pilates, walking, learning to juggle.

Favorite Primal food: Skin from a roast chicken, salmon, fried eggs on a big salad.

Best part about being Primal: Being freed from the idea I need an exercise regime in order to exercise.

Worst part about being Primal: still wanting to support our local artisan bakery

mjfutty is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Eastern Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Well I was primal for a little over a week and then had one bad weekend. It's been a couple of weeks now, and I'm prepared to do this for the long term. Beginning today I will strive to be 100% primal!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I love dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, one cup of coffee with cream + sugar every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Simple, I want to be the healthiest version of me and still eat really delicious foods. And I am tired of craving sugar + getting migraines. I'm too young to feel the way I do...

Favorite exercise: Do people actually have a favorite exercise? I'm going to need some motivation with this one. Walking around the property + playing with my dog.

Favorite Primal food: I'm not sure yet. Though I do love meat!

Best part about being Primal: Again, not sure... but I hear it's pretty awesome.

Worst part about being Primal: I hope there isn't a "worst part"...
    Last edited by mjfutty; 02-21-2013 at 03:36 AM.

CalicoGal is offline Member

CalicoGal says Hi

Your location: Dewitt Michigan

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Right now only Butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Thinking about switching to herbal tea only as I really miss my cream and sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A cruise in July and getting pregnant with #2 at a healthy starting point (after cruise)

Favorite exercise: Not much right now. I do have kettlebells and will hopefully start using them soon and I want to start training for a 5k again.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat bacon and eggs and lose weight.

Worst part about being Primal: Realizing the amount of grains and crud in my diet beforehand. Also my husbands attitude.

I have been doing this since Jan 4th of 2013. I have lost 21lbs and 12 inches (overall). I don't miss alot of sweets or breads but I do get cravings at night for nuts. I think its the fatty-salty goodness. But I am worried they are contributing to my skin allergy. My skin gets hot, red and very itchy, if I don't take an allergy pill everyday, even then I get Hot red patches on my face mostly. When I went to the Dermatologist, he just said its common and I must have changed something. Then prescribed me Allegra. Grrr. Otherwise I feel good and hope to get more active as the weather warms up. Thanks!

lauraagnes is offline Junior Member
    Okay I've posted a few times but thought I should really do this too!!

Your location: Adelaide australia

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 80% probably, not all that fussed about rating my primalness, I just try the best I can!

Do you consume dairy: Butter and occassionally full cream milk/cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Two friends had been talking about it for a while and I've been on a quest for a long time to find a way of eating that makes me feel calmer and helps my PCOS

Favorite exercise: bike riding - my exercise and commute! I love walking too though

Favorite Primal food: any kind of slow cooked lamb. Sardines (its a childhood comfort thing!)

Best part about being Primal: energy! fun things to cook!

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling like an odd one out when confronted with food I'd rather not eat in social situations