Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 488

Bethmj is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Brisbane

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: hmmm kind of fell upon paleo and realised I am already almost there so made a few changes to be more paleo for health I guess!

Favorite exercise: Walking at the mo but intend to build in some strength training

Favorite Primal food: cauliflower rice!

Best part about being Primal: knowing others out here are doing what I always thought I was doing alone! I'm not weird after all!

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out at other people's houses!

mihirshah.83 is offline Junior Member
    1. Mumbai , India

2. 30 years old

3. 80 percent Primal . I do consume ice cream and chocolates sometime and other junk foods

4. i used to. Now i dont. Its been over a few months

5. I drink black coffee on waking up in the morning . no sugar no milk.

6. I think Primal living gets you fast , strong and has a lot of health benefits

7. Deadlifts

8. Salmon steak and grilled vegetables

Bassgirl51 is offline Junior Member
    Arkansas

52 female

Just started primal five days ago. No processed food, no grains, healthy oils and fats, some dairy in the form of small amounts of kefir and cottage cheese, sometimes greek yogurt. Sour cream and butter on occasion. Organic chicken, unable to get grass fed beef at this point in time so opt for lean cuts mostly. Range free eggs.

Coffee and tea

Motivator is to lose belly fat, lean out and become stronger. Gain some lost muscle mass. Over all healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights, HIIT treadmill, kettlebells. Fishing and hiking.

The fats! And steak.

Best part, my stomach bloating and gas has mostly disappeared in less than five days.

Worst part, brain fog and irritability, hope this passes soon and feeling energetic kicks in.

humbleknitter is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: maryland

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you:just started a week ago ...

Do you consume dairy: just butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes ... both

Motivator for switching to Primal: constant stomach pain

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: no stomach psin

Worst part about being Primal:
    I keep overeating...

mattj is offline Junior Member
    Your location:New York (long island)

Age):30

How Primal are you:Just started 6 days ago, still doing a lot of reading

Do you consume dairy: Not much, I can easily do without it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: A coffee a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal:All the incredible weight loss stories. Ive been pretty active and in good shape for all of my 20s but fell off hard the past year and packed on 60+lbs.

Favorite exercise:Brazilian jiu jitsu.

Favorite Primal food: I dont know yet, but my girlfriend made some kickass coconut chicken.

Best part about being Primal: So far the 12lbs I lost in under a week. And no heartburn or acid reflux this past week.

Worst part about being Primal: hmmm pizza, ice cream etc. But ill gladly give that up to be back to my in shape competition weight.

Definitely seems like a lifestyle I can adjust to. Figured I'd post in here first as im sure ill be asking some questions soon.

bannercourt is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Maryland

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I would say about 90%. Not really sure how to judge it. I'm not eating grains or any processed or refined foods including sugar.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I have no problem tolerating dairy. Although, I am trying to keep milk at a minimum. I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee, sour cream on my salad, and do eat Fage Greek yogurt a couple times a week. I do use whole milk and stevia in my tea.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both. I only drink coffee one or two days a week. The rest of the time I drink tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Saw the documentary "Fat Head" and starting doing some research. Found that I like what the paleo lifestyle (not just the eating) can do for me and my husband. I figured that Lent was as good a time as any to change my life.

Favorite exercise: Walking. I don't have much upper body strength, so that will be a challenge, but I want upper body strength!

Favorite Primal food: Do I have to pick just one?

Best part about being Primal: Feeling alive again.

Worst part about being Primal: I wouldn't say there is a "worst" part. Cooking can be challenging, but I wouldn't say that is a negative, just a challenge.

KB7
    KB7 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Commited with some weak moments

Do you consume dairy: greek yogurt, little milk in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: In my weight loss journey I hit a plateau and broke it with primal eating and lost 40 so far.

Favorite exercise: Tapout XT ....would love to start lifting.

Favorite Primal food: All of it!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better than I ever have in my life!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss the bad comfort foods...mac and cheese, breads, sugar and such.

jujeki is offline Member
    Your location: Illinois

Age (If you want):20

How Primal are you:Starving primal student = eat primal whenever I can eat at all

Do you consume dairy: Butter/Whole yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:Never liked it too much, but I'll have tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: Be happier, improve appearance

Favorite exercise: Sprinting is so exhilarating, especially when I use my imagination to make it real

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, avocado, salmon, meats

Best part about being Primal: Seeing improvements in many aspects of my life almost daily

Worst part about being Primal: watching my friends struggle with their lifestyles, and trying to not be "that guy" who loudly espouses unsolicited beliefs

hoosierphilly is offline Junior Member
    Metro NY, Mature Adult, Grew up on a farm, variety and lots of vege, dairy, fresh commercial coffee, my stairs, Primal????
    Eat Variety and Health mostly.

guitarmadness is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Charlotte NC

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Paleo,

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just trying to switch to Paleo right now

Favorite exercise: Work

Favorite Primal food: Curry

Best part about being Primal: Ahhhhh, the non tiredness after a meal.

Worst part about being Primal: Sorry, I miss some sweet stuff.