Page 487 of 630 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497537587 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 6298

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 487

yaddle is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: east coast of Scotland.

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: hard to put a figure on it, I am a newbie. In my 2nd week. No processed foods, no grains, mostly no sugar...still trying to cut out the tsp in my tea.

Do you consume dairy: yes, I don't seem to have a problem with dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea of all types but no coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: my main motivator is weight loss, I have around 40kg to lose.

Favorite exercise: at the moment walking is pretty much the only exercise I have been doing, looking to add in more of course.

Favorite Primal food: so far I am loving it all. Not missing grains or my old way of eating at all....yet anyway.

Best part about being Primal: I seem to have more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: slightly worried about the cost... single mother with 2 kids on low income.

Talus is offline Junior Member
    I am a 54 year old living in California
    I have not yet started a Primal lifestyle but am eager to start!
    I do consume dairy
    I drink coffee
    I have decided to go Primal because it makes most sense to me
    my favorite exercise is hiking
    I would like to see if in fact I can train my body to burn fat and not muscle

MrsZimm13 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want): just turned 48

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: I stopped drinking coffee on Jan 1 this year, I drink some herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to help my husband with his quest to see if eating Primal would reduce inflammation he suffers with.

Favorite exercise: walking and squats

Favorite Primal food: Venison

Best part about being Primal: I am satisfied with this way of eating

Worst part about being Primal: going out to dinner with others not eating primal. Oh, and I miss wine!

Sandman is offline Member
    Your location: Vermont

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Not yet grass-fed or all organic, but otherwise I'm there.

Do you consume dairy: Fage total yogurt, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Couple herbals a day, no sweeteners or dairy

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of feeling tired. Went from a super-athletic and fit person in my early 20s to being sadly trapped in an overweight and chronically painful body in my 30s.

Favorite exercise: Anything I can do with my wife and kids. Mostly enjoy snowboarding and biking, but perhaps my favorite thing is loading the pack and heading off into the woods for multi-day hikes.

Favorite Primal food: BAS w/ steak.

Best part about being Primal: Sustained energy with a great mood while losing weight without effort.

Worst part about being Primal: Festive eating with others can be tricky.
    My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

jwardle196 is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

Your location: Cork, Ireland

Age (If you want): Too near 50.

How Primal are you: Just taken my first walk.

Do you consume dairy: mainly cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I've dropped about 10Kg using Atkins + denial, then lately intermittent fasting. I need to drop another couple of kgs and improve my fitness.
    I don't believe most of the Conventional Wisdom and want to learn more about Primal.

Favorite exercise: Gardening, walking

Favorite Primal food: Red meat.

Best part about being Primal: It makes more sense to me, compared to the CW.

Worst part about being Primal: Missing fresh bread

Looking forward to learning and exploring Primal. Regards Joe.

RebeccaAnn is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Western Washington

Age (If you want): 30ish

How Primal are you: progressing along

Do you consume dairy: Yes, enough for a few lattes per week. I've been missing cheese, though!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel better when I have avoided grains. That has always meant low-carb ways of eating (Dukan, Adkins, etc) but I always felt something was missing in those paradigms- REAL rather than simulated food, for instance, along with maintaining good carbs in the diet.

Favorite exercise: I love P90x, but afraid I have burned out on it. I'm looking for an equally effective workout plan without quite the time or overuse commitments. I fear that I will just have to augment the regimen myself, as I am skeptical as to what could be as effective for me.

Favorite Primal food: I'm a foodie, so this is tough to narrow down. I love all the stuff I have avoided most of my life- bacon comes to mind.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling less sluggish. I find that grains have apparently compounded the issues of living in the Seattle area in the winter with so little sunshine and lots of rain and bone-chilling cold. I'm glad to be getting some energy back before July when summer starts here.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found it yet. I'm just hopeful for a trimming of my body fat % again. Looks like I'm doing the right stuff, and I'm appreciative for all the feedback in the forums!

mikidoo is offline Junior Member
    Name: Mikki

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you:Haven't started yet. I'm currently gluten free, nightshade free and partially dairy free.

Do you consume dairy: Some cheeses only

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a lot of health issues. I have autoimmune hashimotos. I have leaky gut and I'm tired of it. I really want to be healthier.

Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Avocados

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: Well, I guess it's the same as going gluten free and nightshade free. I can't just walk into a restaurant or anywhere really without knowing every ingredient before eating.

Mama~Mare is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Been a "clean" eater for years.....Primal for 3 weeks

Do you consume dairy: Nope and if I do it's a splash of half n half

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heck yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Always looking to be the best me I can be. Got a little junk in the trunk that I'd like to effortlessly melt away. Last spring I did Jamie Eason live fit trainer.......TORTURE.........I did get incredible results but there is no way I could live that way long term.

Favorite exercise: It's a tie between lifting and hiking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Eating a lot of healthy fat

Worst part about being Primal: Keeping myself out of the almond butter jar

sugarjar is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fremont, CA

Age (If you want): Just turned 40!

How Primal are you: Partial, considering adding red meat and animal fat. I end up eating carbs once a day.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I have switched to grass-fed milk, yogurt, kefir, and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: I make my own chai when at home (once during the weekend) with lots of ginger and black tea and milk. No sugar. At work, sometimes I am tempted to have one cup of coffee/day +H&H + sugar. But since starting to eat primal, I am losing the coffee craving. I have it more out of habit or without thinking head to the espresso machine....I now ask myself, if I truly will enjoy this cup of coffee and have one if the answer is a resounding yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I realized I included SAD only when I moved to the US. Within 3 years of SAD, I was depressed, low energy, 30-40 lbs heavier, and generally dissatisfied with life and not making any real progress in any spheres of life. I needed to get SAD out of my life. For good. When I recently turned 40, I started asking myself some tough questions. I HAD to take control of my life and the gene argument - that not much has changed in the human genes - clinched the primal deal for me. As a single mom (no dad for him), I want to be healthy, happy and full of energy for my 13 year old son. I cannot afford to neglect my health any more and as a parent I need to be more responsible. There was a time when I put everything ME at the end of the priority list thinking I was being a great mom. But now I realize I am far from at my best with this neglect since last 3-4 years.

Favorite exercise: Running. I have this love/hate relationship with it. I am also an AFAA certified group fitness instructor and I teach aerobics classes (Spinning, step, circuit, Bombay Jam) regularly. I also like sports. For most part of my life, i have been active. It's only over the last 3-4 years, I had become a couch potato. When all else fails, I go for a walk at lunch or later. Most times, I use that walk to clear my head. I never listen to music while walking, even when I was not primal. I like to appreciate the sun, the nature, and the birds etc. I just like to be, even if I am not solving any important problems.

Favorite Primal food: boiled eggs. easy to make and carry along.

Best part about being Primal: I smile a lot! I know this sounds ridiculous but when I eat primal, I make a ritual out it. I feel content from within and a smile spreads across my face. Of course, losing 4 lbs since turning partially primal 4 days ago also helps.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating meat! Before stumbling upon PB, I was considering reducing my meat intake. In India, I grew up eating very less meat, working out, and was in a great shape. So this recent weight gain and malaise associated with it, I attributed to eating meat 2-3 times a day. But of course, it was not the healthy portions of meat. It was more burgers and such. So these exactly opposite philosophies - my hypothesis and PB - keep clashing in my mind. Plus, I never really ate red meat before and not sure I want to start now. I will consider it.

AlliH is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Riverside County, CA

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you:Pretty Darn Primal - sometimes I mess up but I always get right back on the Primal wagon.

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea with raw honey and almond milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: promises of better skin, hormonal balance, digestive balance and weight loss

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: feel great

Worst part about being Primal: people asking if "isn't that just like Atkins"?