Page 486 of 631 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486487488496536586 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 6306

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 486

Amethyst42 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: The chilly chilly centre of Canada

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Just started. For the last 5 days I've done alright, thought!

Do you consume dairy: I'm just down to just cultured yogurt, but I may add well-aged cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Black. I've gone down to two cups a day, I grind my own beans, and take great care in selecting them. It's my passion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A myriad of health problems that doctors are not able to diagnose or solve. As well, despite being reasonably active (usually), and not eating a helluva lot, I have continued to gain weight throughout my adult life, especially my belly and chin.

Favorite exercise: cycling

Favorite Primal food: rib eye steak with carmelized onions and mushrooms mushrooms mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: meat veggies and fruit, what's not to love?

Worst part about being Primal: When I'm finished vacation in a week and have to go back to 'reality'.
    Last edited by Amethyst42; 02-12-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo

TrackMom is offline Member
    Hi,

How Primal are you?: I am in the process of converting right now.

Do you consume dairy?: I admit fully, I love my dairy.

Do you drink coffe or tea?: I drink tea, but actually haven't had anything but herbal teas for 3 days now.

Motivator for switching Primal: I need to make a major change in my life. I have lost my energy, my digestion is sluggish, and I keep putting on weight. I used to run all the time, and I want the energy and fitness I had back, so I can do it again.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Rib eye steak, with lots of marbling, most of the fruits and veggies, and more yet to be discovered...

Best part about being Primal: Hoping the return of my Joy for Life.

Worst part about being Primal: Food planning and preparation while travelling. I will need help, as I'm in hotels a lot.

AKR_Lean_n_Mean is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NYC

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: About 50%

Do you consume dairy: About 8oz milk, 8oz greek yogurt / day

Do you drink coffee or tea: About 24oz decaf coffee / day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I haven't entirely switched and don't intend to go all the way but I want to stay informed. My personal experience is that I maintain a healthy weight, excellent energy & mood levels and active life via a healthy diet comprised of healthy protein, fat and carbs sourced whenever possible from sustainable, organic producers. I emphasize healthy protein & fat and target my carbs around 150-200g per day. I avoid sugar and I eat daily limited amounts of primal no-no's like steel cut oats, whole wheat wraps, brown rice, legumes & dairy.

Favorite exercise: Interval training, hockey, weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: my bolognese recipe

Best part about being Primal: Healthy diet emphasizing healthy proteins and fats contributes to optimal wellness and fitness

Worst part about being Primal: Extreme views; I don't believe there is enough rigor in the scientific analysis available to date to support the exclusion of grains and legumes

Like many diets, strict adherents benefit from focusing on healthy nutrition. I feel there is a lot of variation in what people can eat and achieve a healthy lifestyle. Just like one antibiotic can work for one person and kill another (I'm allergic to penicillin so it will kill me), I feel that different folks can prosper on different foods.

I want to stay in touch with Primal and Paleo communities to see what happens in terms of research. I have seen excellent research from reputable sources that supports the benefits of diets that are rich in healthy proteins & fats, low in carbs especially fructose. Scientific analysis from reputable institutions supports some of the claims about inhibiting effects of lectins and phytates but I feel the primal approach goes too far in its extrapolation without rigorous testing of the theories. Would like to see one or more long term studies of a large population and an adequate control group that demonstrates the impact on absorption of different minerals when grains and legumes are ingested.

Many nutrition theories seem to go unproven, maybe because economic incentives aren't aligned. Maybe Kraft or McDonalds lack the incentives to prove the value of a Primal diet, but what about health insurance and life insurance providers. Surely they would like to support strategies that lead to better health and fewer claims

The cynic in me observes that every diet seems to have the same trajectory: 1) Highly restrictive diet, 2) Book for sale explaining the reasons for the restrictions and how the government or big business tries to hide the truth because of money and ignorance, 3) Recipe Book for sale, 4) A full line of supplements

Where did Grok get a giant tub of protein powder? Were his thumbs evolved enough to open it?
    Last edited by AKR_Lean_n_Mean; 02-13-2013 at 08:14 AM.

From the centre of Canada!

Hello folks! I tried posting this earlier, and it disappeared, hopefully this one works!

Your location: Winterpeg, Manisnowba, Canada (currently on vacation in Hawai'i, but paradise can't last forever, sadly)

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 5th day. I've eliminated grains completely, and vastly reduced dairy. I have not eschewed electronics in the least, but I should probably reduce it a little.

Do you consume dairy: cultured yogurt, ghee, and well-aged cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, black coffee. I am down to two cups a day, and I pick my beans carefully, and grind them at home.

Motivator for switching tPrimal: after years of health problems doctors can't diagnose or cure, and after gaining weight steadily whether or not I exercise, and no matter how much or little I eat, I have to do something.

Favorite exercise: cycling. if/when I get more fit, I'd love to do a long cycling tour

Favorite Primal food: well aged rib eye, caramelized onions, and mushrooms mushrooms mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: what's not to love about meat, veggies, and fruit?

Worst part about being Primal: loving Grandmothers who REALLY want you to eat their baking.

You sound just like me! I have tummy, thyroid, and depression problems! And just like your name, I'm sick of of sick. *nukkabump*
    We don't live too far apart either!

Willyummy is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone! I have been visiting this site and the forum for a while but did not create an account until now.

Your location: California
    Age (If you want): 18
    How Primal are you: Trying to stick to being Primal but end up eating junk after a while.
    Do you consume dairy: Cheese and full-fat yoghurt occasionally.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: No.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being fat.
    Favorite exercise: I dislike exercise. I have recently began walking though. Badminton is fun.
    Favorite Primal food: Meat. All the way.
    Best part about being Primal: Losing fat easily and feeling less self-conscious about my body.
    Worst part about being Primal: Missing and craving junk food, bread, desserts, etc.

Rainrunner is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you? I'm at the very beginning, but learning daily

Motivation: there is a long list of motivators,

Favorite exercise: Walking

Best: I feel tremendously better physically and mentally

Worse: Learning curve

Oh and yes i drink coffee,

Xexist is offline Junior Member
    The Answers:

Your location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Age (If you want): 33
    Do you consume dairy: Yes
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both
    Favorite exercise: Walking or Jogging

Pleased to meet you all!

SheenaP is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Want to be.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No. I don't like hot drinks (I know...)

Motivator for switching to Primal: First heard about it when rumour had it Kate Middleton was doing something similar before her wedding. Tried it, and was successful for a short time. But then my husband, son and I moved back to my parents while he attended post-secondary college. Mom is the one who usually cooks, so because I didn't want to be an inconvinence, we stuck with her and her "conventional" meals. Can't complain...or maybe I can...

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Big-ass salad.

Best part about being Primal: Before I went Primal, I had a strange relationship with food. I would get WAY too excited to eat. While I was Primal, my view on food changed, and I saw it for what it was supposed to be...something for survival.

Worst part about being Primal: "Parents just don't understand..." -Will Smith.

miz131 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: San Diego county

Age (If you want): Fifty, as of a few days ago

How Primal are you: newbie. Husband and I started the caveman power diet a few weeks ago. Looking to expand the food choices soon before I lose him completely to the regular eating lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: Prior to two weeks ago, yes..a little cream in my coffee, sprinklings of cheese here and there. Not a great amount.

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES, and am loathe to give up coffee. On the flip side, I do not drink soda.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I like the concept, and would like to lose weight and live/eat healthier. I weigh 152 lbs; would like to drop about 20-25 lbs.

Favorite exercise: I run. Every day. Have a running streak of over 3 years going (1133 days straight and counting)!

Favorite Primal food: it will be meat. I can't lie.

Best part about being Primal/Worst part about being Primal: We shall see...I can't see a downside.
    Last edited by miz131; 02-15-2013 at 01:29 PM.