Page 485 of 626 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,850 of 6256

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 485

Sage is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    newbie here, setting up my profile... I am a retired nuclear physicist, have lots to share, health conscious, know what works, I am proof...now I am trying to upload a photo... nice to see who you are talking to ...

I am the Sage
    bb.jpg
    Last edited by Sage; 02-11-2013 at 01:59 PM.

.Manny is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 100% - currently in week 4.

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, tea more than coffee, and even then I go for the low caffeine kinds. I've started drinking decaf coffee purely because I like the taste of the dark brew but don't need the kick.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It was the one thing that my wife was excited about, as much as me. Doing it together was the only way.

Favorite exercise: Have completed 3 rounds of Insanity, P90X, Yoga, sprints, stair sprints, 7-10km runs. I'm currently mixing it up with Yoga, stair/sprints, endurance runs and Rushfit for some kick-ass functional fitness.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, sunny side up, with grilled bacon for breakfast.

Best part about being Primal: I eat 3 times a day and I don't feel hungry in between meals. Previously I was very tough on my nutrition, 5 5-6 meals per day, macro/calorie counting, low fat...almost no fat in my diet. It's great to be free of that!

Worst part about being Primal: Friends, family, co-workers giving grief about it. The almost daily temptations of cake, sandwiches, muffins and the like in the kitchen at work.

jiffypop is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Minnesota
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    I'm just starting out and have adopted a few of the ideas.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, whole milk, butter, and yogurt from grass fed sources.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    I struggle with coffee, I've quit before and I always feel better. So far my increasingly primal diet has made coffee more of a nuisance as it causes me to get into a carb frenzy.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I have struggled with eczema my entire life. My hands have had a constant flare up of eczema for seven years. The flare up on my hands started when I left for college and ate a mostly vegetarian diet . . . hmmm. It all makes sense now. After introducing more fat into my diet my eczema has subsided drastically. Hooray!

Favorite exercise:
    My favorite exercise is rock climbing, sort of primal, except for the ropes.

Favorite Primal food:
    Meat and fat as nature intended.

Best part about being Primal:
    Finally seeing my eczema subside.

Not being a vegetarian anymore, talk about brain fog.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Haven't been primal long enough, just figuring all this stuff out. This way of living makes so much sense it makes me crazy that I didn't find this community earlier.

Wilhemina is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Dublin, Ireland

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Still new to this and feeling my way. No grains, but legumes still form part of my diet.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yogurt, cheese, butter but not milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Max two black coffees a day; green or nettle tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I recognised that bloated feeling from a Christmas of excess pastry, cake, etc etc. Not good.

Favorite exercise:
    Racket sports, lots of walking, free weights, yoga... love it all.

Favorite Primal food:
    Too many to name!

Best part about being Primal:
    Loads: feeling so much better in my gut, dry skin gone, no mid-afternoon dip in energy...

Worst part about being Primal:
    Still too early to say - probably turning down the office cakes... Also bread-eating, potato munching, cake-loving hubby is sceptical - would be nice to get him on side!

Moogle33 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Savannah, GA

How Primal are you: Just beginning.

Do you consume dairy: None at the moment.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Chronic IBS, depression, autoimmune problems in family.

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: A tender steak or BBQ pork.

Best part about being Primal: Having a lifestyle to be well and not just a "diet".

Worst part about being Primal: Sugar and grain cravings!

KarenCreftor is offline Junior Member
    I just realised I didn't do the questions :P Here we go...

Your location: Kent UK

Age (If you want): 32 in 2 weeks

How Primal are you: hmmm I'd say 50-60% but improving each week

Do you consume dairy: some strong cheddar and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: no, never liked them

Motivator for switching to Primal: It speaks to me. I've always been interested in whole health and whole food, so when I recently found PB it made sense. I also have long term illnesses that I'm trying to cure and/or improve with lifestyle... adrenal exhaustion, joint hypermobility and chronic heavy metal poisoning.

Favorite exercise: walking, dancing, kundalini yoga, kettlebells and basic movement/aerobic exercises adepending on what my body allows that day.

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed steak....*dribbles*

Best part about being Primal: it's perfect for a nature hippy like me, it's natural, it's SO healthy (physically and mentally), it makes sense, it's fun experimenting with recipes, it's so tasty, it's not based on propoganda (it's REAL!)...I really could go on and on!

Worst part about being Primal: Finding it hard to give up the convenient/cheap carbs, living in a non-primal household and everyone who finds out your primal trying to force the CW on you.

sickofsick is offline Junior Member
    Your location: White Bear Lake, MN

How primal are you: Just trying to figure it out. Haven't finished book yet. Freaking out about salad dressing.

Do you consume dairy? I am stopping milk but keeping cheese and yougurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea? I LOVE coffee!

Motivator for switching to primal? I think i am having allergies, the science makes sense, i wanna get off all my antidepressants, and stop all my tummy, and thyroid problems. i'm SICK of being SICK!!!

Favorite exercise: I really enjoy my classes at energy pilates and fitness, also gardening.

Favorite Primal food: ????????

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firechick0228 View Post
    A bit of advise-seeking real quick - since I started the program I have developed full-blown acne on my face. I've always struggled with it but it is BAD. I have been undergoing some changes with the hormone therapy, trying to get within the proper ranges (and hoping at some point eating primally my body will adjust its own levels) but the past 2 weeks are severe and very embarrassing. Advice please!
    I've noticed that milk products are a big cause of acne for me. This is my primary motivator of avoiding them. Additionally eating too low-fat and consuming grains make my skin break out. Aside from the PMS related random zits I occasionally get, my skin stays very clear by avoiding both milk products and grains, and eating quite a bit of fat.

Have you tried giving up milk products for a while and seeing if things improve?

(It might be more hormonal though, in which case I'm afraid I can't really help.)

Jenn H is offline Junior Member

Newbie here!

Hi! I am just starting Primal today. A friend and I are doing the 21 day challenge. I am both nervous and excited. I have quite a bit of weight to lose, and am hoping that this will be the way that I am FINALLY able to do it.

Heidi2005 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Portland, Oregon

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: currently 90% primal and I reserve the other 10% for out of my control situations

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: challenge from my fitness studio

Favorite exercise: currently doing TRX with a semi private trainer in Portland

Favorite Primal food: coconut

Best part about being Primal: the way I don't feel like a zombie in the morning and how I don't really need coffee anymore!!!

Worst part about being Primal: planning. Lots of planning.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!