Page 483 of 621 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 483

leah_2.0 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Gainesville, Florida

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: about 75%

Do you consume dairy: butter and occasional cheese, but no yogurt or milk ....or ice cream (cries).

Do you drink coffee or tea: chai tea, and sometimes very weak coffee: I warm up half a cup of water, fill the rest of the cup with coffee, and load up on creamer. this practice disgusts my boyfriend.

Motivator for switching to Primal: a lot of factors were pointing towards eliminating starch from my diet (and definitely all processed foods) so I intuitively went in this direction before learning about sugar burning vs fat burning - which totally reinforced my decision. Nevertheless, it initially took some time to accept this challenge to conventional wisdom.
    I'd like to lose 10-15 pounds of body fat, OR replace the fat with muscle, whichever happens naturally.
    I like that the primal lifestyle isn't just about weight loss, but overall body composition. When I saw from the testimonials that recovering anoretics were using primal eating to gain strength and a healthy body fat %, I knew this was a good lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: kung fu.

Favorite Primal food: salmon.

Best part about being Primal: still transitioning here, but I've already noticed steadier energy levels. As a sugar burner, I would start to shake every 2-3 hours, misinterpreting this as "wow, I must have a fast metabolism!" Nnnnnope.

Worst part about being Primal: carb flu/headache.

cinnaminnie is offline Junior Member
    Hello, everyone!

Your location: NC

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: maybe 70-80% when I'm doing well

Do you consume dairy: yes, normally only greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yep, coffee everyday and tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel so much better when I am eating primal. Also, I want to be as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

Favorite exercise: bootcamp and planks!

Favorite Primal food: filet mignon and sweet potatoes

Best part about being Primal: the way I feel

Worst part about being Primal: Well, the hardest part is sticking to my primal diet on the weekends or trips or what not when my schedule deviates from the norm. Oh yeah, and my willpower sucks when it comes to my sweet tooth.

RubyRobin is offline Junior Member
    Hi every one! Kay here from the South of Ireland. I used to follow primal about 4 years ago when I was in college, and never felt better. I was at my slimmest, fittest and happiest then. Unfortunately weight has crept up in an incredibly slow insidious way since, so I've gone from a UK size 8 to a 12 in over 4 years, and gone up a horrifying 3 inches round my waist I studied Nutritional Science for 4 years, so I really have no excuse for not looking after myself! Anyway, I'm planning to start a food diary here, and hopefully the online support/community will help keep me going as it has in the past!

The Questions:

Your location: Cork City, Ireland

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 50%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and to lose a few pounds and stop more weight creeping up as I get older

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: The bacon!

Worst part about being Primal: Not satisfying my bread addiction

JungleJane is offline Junior Member

Red face Been lurking for a bit, thought I'd say hello!

One day I was wondering to myself, "WHY do we even need to eat grains when we get so much fiber and nutrients from veggies?", and lo and behold I stumbled on to this site! I love to eat primal, but getting my JungleJim/SO on board is harder than I thought....However, he is awesome for working out so we keep each other in check. Our overall fitness level is healthy with a few extra pounds.

To keep it brief, here are the questions:

Your location: Alberta, Canada

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Currently ~80%

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally (full fat cheese, yogurt, & butter)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: It's simple and it makes sense.

Favorite exercise: Sleeping.

Favorite Primal food: Steak or Bacon. Or Steak and bacon...and with blue cheese...mmmmm.....

Best part about being Primal: The food!

Worst part about being Primal: The sprints. ugh.
    Last edited by JungleJane; 02-07-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    ~~~~~..~~~~~~*..~..~~~~~~...*....~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~*..~..~~~~

I don't drink anymore.....I don't drink any less, either.

JD Cattle Company is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Baker County, OR

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: not sure, but I love whole food.

Do you consume dairy: yes, mostly cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: healthier lifestyle

Favorite exercise: walking and light weight training

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed beef

Best part about being Primal: as the daughter of a meat cutter, I am a happy carnivore

Worst part about being Primal: I miss potatoes!

Harpua is offline Member
    Your location: NJ

Age (If you want):35

How Primal are you:95% during the week, just some dairy. weekends still include a good amount of beer

Do you consume dairy: Yes, experimenting with coconut and almond milk. Significantly reduced my cheese intake but still use it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: a lot of coffee, tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal:weight loss and fitness. just had a baby girl and don't want be a "fat dad"

Favorite exercise:Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye or porterhouse

Best part about being Primal: great amount of energy and not having to count calories.

Worst part about being Primal: No beer!
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

NeatNik is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Nebraska, USA

Age (If you want):32

How Primal are you:
    80%
    Besides the occasional hamburger bun I do not consume grains. Limited dairy. No refined sugars.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both : )

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well I've been kicking around the idea of going primal for a few months now but got motivated at the beginning of this year. I'd like to feel strong again. Losing weight is great but overall I'd like to tighten up and just feel good! I also have severe asthma and wonder if cutting out gluten may help to relieve my symptoms...

Favorite exercise: Burpees

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I'm doing what's best for my body!

Worst part about being Primal: Re-vamping all my recipes.
    Last edited by NeatNik; 02-08-2013 at 11:40 AM.

blondie0216 is offline Junior Member
    My name is Dawn.. been following the primal blueprint for 18 days now..

Location - ontario, canada

age - going to be 48 on the 16th

how primal are you - just learning the primal been on it almost 3 weeks.

Do you consume dairy - cheese, greek yogurt and small amount of cream in my coffee

do you drink tea or coffee yes both.. mostly tea

Motivator for going primal - trouble with reactive hypoglycemia, inability to lose weight, frustration with feeling tired all the time, talking to a successful primal person

favorite exercise - walking - have not been very fit at all.. starting to attempt planks and pushups - will increase these as fitness increases

favorite primal food - all of them so far

best part about being primal - increased energy, weight loss (10lbs in under 3weeks), no more dropping blood sugars.. and pain in my right hand is slowly clearing up...

worst part about being primal - not knowing about it years ago...

TxSoldier is offline Junior Member
    My name is Travis

Location -DFW, Texas

age -35

how primal are you - Just starting out, so basically zero

Do you consume dairy - Yes, unfortunately I like milk. I'm also a cheese freak lol

do you drink tea or coffee - not really. I do drink some types of warm tea in the evening maybe once a week.

Motivator for going primal - I'm a cop, and I'm fat. That's not good for myself, my co-workers or the citizens that I am sworn to protect.

favorite exercise -walking, jogging

favorite primal food - As I said, I haven't really started, still reading the book. I think bacon will be though

best part about being primal -I'm hoping for an increase in energy and a LOT of weight loss.

worst part about being primal - I imagine it will be kicking bad eating habits.

addisoncat is offline Junior Member
    Your location: suburbs of Boston, MA

Age (If you want): 38 (I think, I keep "forgetting")

How Primal are you: 100% as of four days ago

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, mostly decaf tea but coffee once in a while

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been suffering from almost constant illness since the birth of my child five years ago. Nothing serious, but I always have a cold, flu, etc. Doctors can't find anything wrong with me except allergies and chronic sinusitis. Many have claimed that it is "all in my head," because I have been dealing with grief, stress and depression. So I went to a therapist last year and got on anti-depressants. It worked well and I am happy, not depressed, but still sick! Oh, and the medication caused me to gain weight. So this is my last ditch effort to feel better and to lose weight. I keep kosher and have reactive hypoglycemia, so the paleo lifestyle is a bit of a challenge for me, but I am committed. I heard about paleo from my boss and just read the "whole 30." Day 4 and so far so good.

Favorite exercise: spinning. I have terrible knees and feet, so this is the best exercise for me.

Favorite Primal food: Don't know yet! Although I was pretty excited when I made my own mayo from scratch last night for the first time and it came out perfectly.

Best part about being Primal: Eating yummy foods and not having to count calories.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to cook ALL my meals, without the convenience of prepared foods. I work part time and am the primary caregiver for my daughter, PLUS I volunteer and sing in two choirs, so my time is at a premium. I've tried cooking massive amounts of food at once and am shocked at how fast I eat it all, plus my husband and daughter eat it as well. Any suggestions about this issue would be greatly appreciated!