Page 482 of 629 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 6285

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 482

jlhdc is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Wyomissing, PA

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: partial, working toward fully

Do you consume dairy: minimal

Do you drink coffee or tea: no coffee, occasional tea, unsweetened

Motivator for switching to Primal: Dan Murphy, D.C.

Favorite exercise: peak fitness interval training, soccer

Favorite Primal food: meat, seafood, eggs, vegetables

Best part about being Primal: lose and maintain weight, good health and longevity

Worst part about being Primal:
    staying away from pasta, bread, rice, and beans.

CavemanInTraining is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Little Rock, AR

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: I'd say 75% but I'm planning on getting closer to 100%.

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream and some hard cheeses, but when I fall off the wagon I can put away some milk. Right now I'm avoiding everything but the heavy cream. Does butter count?

Do you drink coffee or tea: Please don't make me give up my coffee yet! I'm on the road a lot but I French press a strong pot every day I'm home.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hot babes! OK....well I have a strong propensity for being a carb addict, and I've had a sibling die of type 1 diabetes, with a smattering of type 2 in my family, as well as some cancer, heart disease, etc.

Favorite exercise: Pumping iron. I've run a few 1/2 marathons but I'm built more for pushing the irons around. I'm changing that towards being more balanced though. I'm hoping being leaner and less inflamed due to the elimination of toxins will help the low back and some of the other aches and pains.

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Eating fat. And the hopes of finding a hippie cave girl.

Worst part about being Primal: When I cave on the carbs I fall hard.
    Last edited by CavemanInTraining; 02-05-2013 at 07:26 PM.

vyieort is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Brooklyn, NY

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Right now, strictly 100% paleo actually

Do you consume dairy: Last week I did, but for the next month I won't

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: I know I have an autoimmune condition (spondylitis) but the symptoms are minimal unless I'm in prolonged cold, damp conditions. But, I know that I feel better without gluten, and grains have been feeling more and more like a "dirty" fuel, creating some lethargy and heaviness. I'm looking for a cleaner fuel for my increasingly active lifestyle while also doing what's best for my overall mood.

Favorite exercise: Running (a year ago I would never have thought I would put this down) and slacklining

Favorite Primal food: No single one—I'm a butcher and cookbook author so cooking is a passion.

Best part about being Primal: Yet to be determined, but for now it's the excitement of a new cooking challenge and refreshing change in life

Worst part about being Primal: Bunless Burgers (so far), though recipe testing for my next book this year is going to be a challenge!

blujett8 is offline Junior Member
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: New England, USA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: just getting started

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, cutting back significantly though

Motivator for switching to Primal: genetic pre-diabetes issues. was a raw fooder and now moving on from that.

Favorite exercise: hiking, biking

Favorite Primal food: lamb

Best part about being Primal: strength, vitality

Worst part about being Primal: at the moment, BMI. I was probably too thin on raw foods and now gaining more than lean mass

x-raymeg is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: About 75%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and be healthy

Favorite exercise: Haven't started the exercises yet but looking forward to playing alot!

Favorite Primal food: Meat! Meat! Meat!

Best part about being Primal: Increased energy

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to convince children to put down those snacks!

I just started the PB way of life the second week of Jan 2013. I'm proud to say I have already lost 10lbs and I have not exercised once yet!! Looking forward to going completely Primal soon!!

vintageeats is offline Member
    Your location: Milwaukee

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Still fall off the wagon from time to time, but getting back on is easier every time. Time spent cheating isn't measured in weeks or months anymore. It's a couple of days, then back to eating this really tasty, nourishing food. I think I'm finally starting to incorporate this fully into my life, in a meaningful and sustainable way.

Do you consume dairy: I do in the form of cheese, but I'm thinking I should cut back. Something is making my throat sore and me phlegmy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Oh yes. This I'm not giving up.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, primarily - just really want to lean out and then wear the kind of clothes I want to wear :-) Confidence. Health.

Favorite exercise: Trail running (but not chronically) with the dog.

Favorite Primal food: I'm a big fan of animal fat. Lately I've been frying everything in duck fat. Ever tried it with kale? Killer.

Best part about being Primal: Where do I start? Not feeling bloated, the energy, the clear skin, the thicker hair, the ability to put down a steak and vegetables and maintain a healthy weight.. I could go on; it's pretty great.

Worst part about being Primal: Hm, I guess it would be having to be constantly vigilant about what I eat because there are so many fake sugars, chemicals and GMOs lurking in this food system. It can be exhausting at times, and then there's the social aspect. A lot of people don't get how messed up our food really IS. At this point, rather than ranting or arguing, I'm just leading by example. Hopefully others (boyfriend, family, friends) will come around or at least understand.

Also, where are my manners? Hi everybody :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vyieort View Post
    Your location: Brooklyn, NY

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Right now, strictly 100% paleo actually

Do you consume dairy: Last week I did, but for the next month I won't

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: I know I have an autoimmune condition (spondylitis) but the symptoms are minimal unless I'm in prolonged cold, damp conditions. But, I know that I feel better without gluten, and grains have been feeling more and more like a "dirty" fuel, creating some lethargy and heaviness. I'm looking for a cleaner fuel for my increasingly active lifestyle while also doing what's best for my overall mood.

Favorite exercise: Running (a year ago I would never have thought I would put this down) and slacklining

Favorite Primal food: No single one—I'm a butcher and cookbook author so cooking is a passion.

Best part about being Primal: Yet to be determined, but for now it's the excitement of a new cooking challenge and refreshing change in life

Worst part about being Primal: Bunless Burgers (so far), though recipe testing for my next book this year is going to be a challenge!
    Well hello, stranger!

ANewLeaf is offline Junior Member
    hi everyone! I started grain-free 4 weeks ago for weight loss. I have dealt with obesity from childhood. I managed to get down to a normal weight in college due to a flare up in my rheumatoid arthritis which threw off my entire system and I maintained normal to slightly overweight for about 4 years. The rest of my adult life, I have struggled with moderate obese weights. It is very frustrating. The most success I have had has been with low carb but... it never failed, as soon as I added grains back in, the weight piled on. Every year, I always say - "this is the year that I will finally succeed. I have to do it for my kids. I want to be a good role model for them." but within weeks of attempting to bring down the weight, I buckle...

... until now. I know it has only been 4 weeks but I feel SO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I know this is the plan that I need to follow - not just to lose weight but for the rest of my life. I feel so much better since stopping the grain train. For the first time in my life, I can honestly see myself succeeding and following this lifestyle for the rest of my life. I have not felt the need or desire to eat any grains, with the exception of popcorn - I am a popcorn addict and this may be something I am going to eventually claim in my 80/20 primal but for now, I'm doing ok without it so you never know...

So, now that I have been grain free for almost a month, I am easing into the other aspects of Primal. We have a very limited budget, so I am prioritizing the ones that cost more money. I am also easing my family into the lifestyle (with emphasis on "easing").

Your location: USA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: grainfree; easing into everything else

Do you consume dairy: yes, but noticing sensitivities now that the grains are not cushioning it. May have to give it up

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss initially, but after reading all about primal, it "just makes sense" for the long term

Favorite exercise: none, really - have severe arthritis and it hurts to exercise. I do it but none of it is a "favorite"

Favorite Primal food: steak - always has been

Best part about being Primal: I am beginning to feel SO much better

Worst part about being Primal: popcorn!

Sergel is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Montreal, Quebec

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: 3 weeks of 100% primal blueprint...

Do you consume dairy: Butter and clarified butter...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I love coffee...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Makes so much fucking sense...

Favorite exercise: High intensity workouts...

Favorite Primal food: Fielt Mignon...

Best part about being Primal: How I feel, only 3 weeks into it and I see quite a difference...

Worst part about being Primal: The social part... although I am having fun with it... playing Gork or whatever his name and not taking myself too seriously...