Page 481 of 638 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491531581 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 6377

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 481

Sasifrass is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Sunny Southwest

Age (If you want): Mid thirties

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Butter, heavy cream, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee maybe once or twice a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: General health concerns and weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Walking and biking.

Favorite Primal food: Beef stew and pork belly.

Best part about being Primal: No longer craving foods that make me ill.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain to people that it's not a diet. It is a better way of life.

Leora is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone! Excited to finally join the forum after a month of lurking.

Your location: Amsterdam

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Nope, I'm lactose intolerant.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love my green tea, oh and liquorice tea!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Horrible bloating motivated me to change my eating habits.

Favorite exercise: bikram(hot) yoga

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: Finally seeing marked improvement in my digestion after years of trying all kinds of diets/ programs.

Worst part about being Primal: Knowing you could help someone while they refuse to listen.

judyodonnell is offline Junior Member
    Hello Everybody!

I am Judy O'Donnell in London, England. A yoga-teacher of 20 years who has been pretty primal most of my life.. but I swing in and out depending on circumstances and family demands! I am a mom of three and a family counsellor too!

So - here to the questions:

Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): Oh .. as old as I feel .. 16!

How Primal are you: Pretty ...raw most of the time

Do you consume dairy:yes - but only milk regularly. The others butter, cream and yoghurt sporadically.

Do you drink coffee or tea: only tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I know it's the best

Favorite exercise: yoga, swimming (can swim a mile easily), dancing and mountain-climbing

Favorite Primal food: nuts and seeds

Best part about being Primal: the way it lightens my body, and the quality of sleep

Worst part about being Primal: Absolutely none

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Blessings
    Judy

Leora,

I've just joined, and I notice you are lactose intolerant.. I am not, but I always use fresh lactose-free milk which is widely available in our supermarkets here (just because it makes the best tea). Do you have this in the Netherlands? I didn't notice it in Germany last time I was there...

Blessings
    Judy

elfman5150 is offline Member
    Hey everybody, my name is Chris and I have just begun my primal journey a few days back after purchasing Mark's book "The Primal Blueprint." So, I guess I'll introduce myself a bit.
    1.) I live in Virginia, above 30 miles from the oceanfront of Virginia Beach.
    2.) I'm 23 years old
    3.) I've been primal for about 3 days or so, and am trying to commit myself 100%, but I'm still making a couple mistakes (for example, not noticing that a product contains added sugars.) However, I'm not too hard on myself. I really want to focus on the non-dietary aspects of PB just as much, so that I can live a more productive and enjoyable life in general.
    4.) I do consume dairy occassionally, usually in the form of yogurt/butter.
    5.) I consume coffee in the morning, and tea later in the day, yes
    6.) My main motivation for going primal is to live a healthier, more active, more productive lifestyle. For mind, body, and spirit.
    7.) Favorite exercise? Hmmm, taking walks....pull-ups, hiking...surfing.
    8.) Favorite primal food is definitely fish...any fish. Oh wait, I like coconuts too. Better go with fish mixed with coconut milk, with avocado on top too!
    9.) Best part of being primal is the benefits to my body and mind. It makes so much sense to me that we are meant to live a life much like our ancestors of 10,000 years ago. Grok had it right, the Korgs have it wrong, and I want to change that.
    10.) Worst part? Eating out! That's also the best part too though, because it helps me to NOT eat out, so I can save money, get creative, and eat well.

Additional info: I love to play music - guitar and piano mainly. I compose all sorts of genres. My future is uncertain, but I'm really into the health field and I'm considering becoming a physician assistant to an osteopath, or nutritionist or something along those lines. So many possibilities!
    I can't wait to see where my journey takes me! Bless all of you, and grok on!

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Your location: California

Age (If you want): 57, soon to be 58

How Primal are you: almost there; haven't quite given up my liquid Splenda or ocassional cheese and am using frozen veggies and fruits out of necessity.

Do you consume dairy: Not a lot, but will eat the ocassional piece of cheese. I am intolerant to the casein in milk products, so really do try to stay away as they cause sinus infections. The cheese seems to be okay, but I don't eat a lot of it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, this might be a hard habit to break...not because of the caffeine (I drink mostly decaf), but because of all the junk I put in it. I love my iced coffee in the morning, but mostly because I like the taste of it with the junk in it, and Starbucks is a special treat for me on weekends. Sigh.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have reached my all-time high weight. I've gained about 30 pounds since the beginning of last year, my feet hurt, and I feel sluggish and tired all the time. I've lost most of the fitness I once had. I have a huge addiction to sugar, and most of the 30 pounds has been from stress eating fatty, sweet stuff. I'd really like to break that habit. Another reason is that I have some abnormal cells in an area where a precancerous growth was removed. I'm hoping that if I can reduce the inflamation from the stuff I eat, the cells might either never progress, or might actually go back to normal. Can't hurt.

Favorite exercise: Walking, used to LOVE weightlifting (I'm female), but lately can't seem to get motivated for it. I once did 2 rounds of P90X, and while I don't think I want to work THAT hard anymore, I DO want to get fit and toned.

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye steak.

Best part about being Primal: I do not have to track what I eat if I don't want to and I can take the principals anywhere I go...pretty easy to remember "eat plants and animals". I like tracking, but I also like the freedom to miss it once in a while.

Worst part about being Primal: Too new to have a worst I think. I'm eating plenty of veggies and fruits, so I'm not missing the sweets, which is what I thought might be the worst.

I'm not new to a lower carb diet; I've never felt better than I did when I was eating protein, fruits and veggies. I followed it for several years...my blood work was exceptionally good that whole time. Eventually I relaxed a bit from it, but still maintained my weight and fitness. Eventually stress took over and I started eating sweets...once I tasted that, it wasn't a pretty picture.

Foodie is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am going by the Username Foodie. I elected to give up wheat recenty to experiment what benefits I would experience and have been at it almost 2 months and have lost 12 pounds. Part way through I heard about the book Wheat Belly and read it and it convinced me to stick with the plan of giving up wheat and eliminating sugar too. My Naturopath once hearing I did this on my own, recommended the Primal BluePrint, which so far makes a lot of sense to me.

KarenCreftor is offline Junior Member
    Hiya,

I'm semi-primal at the moment whilst finding alternatives that suit my health and tastes, but making gradual changes and really enjoying it
    I've not read the book (I'm starting it tonight!) but have read a lot on this site and it makes sense to me. It fits in with what I already believed.
    I'm currently 4 1/2 stone overweight and have lost 7lbs so far. I have hypermobility and I'm currently recovering from long term (about 25 years) heavy metal poisoning which I only discovered 18 months ago~ it's frustrating when it comes to exercise and allergies, but I'm getting there!
    I'm totally a sugar addict~ but have managed to cut out sugar for three months with only the occassional slip (so not really totally cut out haha)~ but finding primal treat recipes online has helped when I do crave.
    I'm increasingly getting obsessed with natural health (including beauty) and find it fascinating. I can't wait to get to know you all and love what I've read on here so far...It's so nice to find an online community that agrees that sugar and grains are not safe just because they're legal!
    Anyway enough rambling, I'm off to read PB.
    NN ~ Kaz x

Firebear is offline Junior Member
    hi, Im in the UK, and started eating paleo a few years ago, with fabulous weight loss results. then for various reasons and gained some again, and am now eager to get back primal again. stumbled across this site and love it! thankyou for the inspiration and motivation!

Adult Acne

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello Firechick,

I joined yesterday, and signed today to see what's happening - and your post came up..

Do you know, although I have been blessed with good skin, I used to go to school with a girl who had the most terrible acne I have ever seen (to this day). She had to get infra-red treatment ultimately as it was the only thing that would get rid of it. It was SPECTACULARLY successful. Okay, she was 18... but it was a miracle how she cleaned up. My step-son suffered very badly too for years - he is 32. He has successfully been treated via acupuncture.

I saw this too...Acne Eradicator - I don't know if it could help.

Blessings
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by firechick0228 View Post
    Hi all ~ I'm Jen, a mom of 3 and a 9 year FF/EMT. Prior to that I was a fitness trainer for 10 years, well-versed in all the misconceptions that make up our society in regards to diet/fitness. I taught them and lived them... and did fine until I grew older, kept getting hurt, and finally had twins at the age of 31. To get weight off I'd use sketchy supplementation, extreme caloric deficits (1500-1800/day), high mileage running and weight resistance 3-4 x/wk. I was exhausted and constantly injured, and stretching more than I was running in a given day to keep from hurting. Finally I literally hit the wall - 9 weeks of above diet/exercise (up to 30 miles/wk) and a total loss of 3 lbs body fat. So I quit. And gained 15.

I have many friends in the fitness industry and heard "paleo" now and again, but I've always shied away from "fads" so didn't give it much thought until I talked to my doctor. We realized a problem was hormonal imbalance, and she encouraged me to try changing my diet to eliminate grains, sugars and dairy (yeah, right) in addition to starting hormone therapy. Well after seeing some, but not great, results I went to a highly-regarded friend and trainer and he sent me to this site. I devoured the book in 3 days and I am a believer! I have completely altered my eating (not overly difficult since I was basically doing everything anyway, just incorporating gluten-free grains). Changing my exercise regimen, however, was hard to do - everything that has been ingrained in me for years thrown out the window. And go figure, not only do I love my workouts now (sprints, HIIT, Tabatas, hikes, mixing it up!), I feel no guilt when I don't work out. Bonus - my plantar fasciitis pain has significantly decreased since I started using five-fingers.

This is a realistic, practical and fun lifestyle... I live in OC and commute to Vegas for work - the time spent preparing and packing my food is SO worth the benefit of eating primally and feeling great! My energy levels allow me to accomplish more when I'm home, even after a sleepless night (yes, I know it's part of the program but tell that to the dispatchers). I enjoy my children more and relax at home, and I'm more productive and awake at work.

A bit of advise-seeking real quick - since I started the program I have developed full-blown acne on my face. I've always struggled with it but it is BAD. I have been undergoing some changes with the hormone therapy, trying to get within the proper ranges (and hoping at some point eating primally my body will adjust its own levels) but the past 2 weeks are severe and very embarrassing. Advice please!

The Questions:

Your location: Orange County, CA/Las Vegas, NV

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: right now about 95% (only 3 weeks in, 2 non-primal meals)

Do you consume dairy: 1-3x/wk (full fat cottage cheese, sometimes greek yogurt)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in am

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of being sick and tired! And weight loss is a motivator as well.

Favorite exercise: HIIT, Tabatas, Running ... changing it up all the time

Favorite Primal food: almond butter, coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: constant energy throughout the day, feel lighter and more bouncy

Worst part about being Primal: that DH thinks I'm loco and refuses to get on the wagon (although he has RH, and DS3 has some mild PDD, so rather than primal, trying to transition my family to primarily gluten-free, organic, and eliminate a lot (not all) of processed foods.