Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 479

scribblergirlnz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Auckland, NZ
    Starting
    Yes to dairy
    Yes to tea and coffee
    Aiming to be the best version of me mentally, physically, professionally, and spiritually.
    Dancing, weights, walking, would love to do more swimming, rowing, kayaking and to try SUP.
    Bacon and eggs!
    No calorie counting and feeling full!
    Don't see any downsides except for adjustments needed during social situations.

firemanswife is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Florida or Kentucky

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Most of the time probably about 80%-85%. Could be more. I haven't given it much thought or math!

Do you consume dairy: small amount of cream daily, and I cook with butter for flavor

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    1 cup of coffee w/Cream (there's that dairy!) and raw honey and cinnamon every morning.
    Iced green tea in the summer when it is hot.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Well, I switched to Primal before I was aware it had a name. But the motivation was to stop the inflamatory response in my body. Being able to breath or not can be a huge motivator and I had no desire to be medicated for the rest of my life.

Favorite exercise:
    walking and hiking (would be for hours if I could have my way!)

Favorite Primal food:
    meat-medium rare ribeye
    veggie-most of them but probably asparagas
    fruit-not a big fan unless very fresh
    snack-almonds
    sweets- only one, dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal:
    I don't feel like garbage and I don't "have to" eat food I just don't like. I have never been a big fan of grains, beans or dairy. I have horrible inflamatory responses to almost all food additives, perservatives and dyes and I never understood what it was the food companies were putting in food if they were taking out fat, sugar etc. How is it still food "x" without the part that makes it what it is?

Worst part about being Primal:
    It is all good. Well except that part when you are asked how you: lost weight? got so healthy? off your meds? and then when you tell folks (they asked!) they start arguing with you on how unhealthy it is to "eat that way." I usually just tell them that we are not all the same and we each must find our own path to happy healthy living and I am on mine.

lonefrontranger is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Boulder, Colorado USA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Been grainfree for almost a year (but not ultra "clean"); working on really minimizing dairy, sugar and past ten days have started 2x week IF.

Do you consume dairy: Probably too much; was mildly lactose intolerant as a kid, going to see if cutting helps sinuses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee yes (have really cut down), tea rarely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: the 25ish extra pounds that refuse to budge.

Favorite exercise: I am a competitive bicycle racer. I have gotten more into running and weightlifting in the past year; plan to take this to the next level.

Favorite Primal food: A braised beef brisket recipe I adapted from Cook's Illustrated. Also bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Having clear skin / zero adult acne for the first time in my life. Yes I am still overweight (5'4", 145-150) but cellulite is GONE since eliminating wheat ~10 months ago.

Worst part about being Primal: definitely dealing with the usual work lunch meetings (pizza, ugh).

I have been "messy Paleo" off and on for years. Been overweight for my height since I was a teen. Variously removed weight in my youth by moderately disordered eating. Was very skeptical about IF as it can be a bit "trigger-y" for prior disordered eaters. Completed my first week of IF with no problems, and I can already tell my clothes are fitting a bit better. Energy is up.

My impetus for this was catching a nasty chest cold ten days ago - probably because I'd fallen off the wagon with work stress and eating crap, then had 2 bouts of nasty insomnia. BOOM, chest cold, picked up from my colleagues (who have all been sick this month).

I immediately cleaned up the diet, went straight back to nothing but bone broth and clean healthy paleo/primal eating, interspersed with a couple of moderate fasts, and pleased to report the cough is 100% GONE as of today. Prior to clean diet, my usual experience was to catch a cold, have it migrate to my chest, then have a barking cough and lingering bronchitis / sinus infection for 6-8 weeks. I had pneumonia as a child and the Dr. told me I would always have "weak lungs" because of it. Bah Humbug.

I am most looking forward to seeing the 120s in weight again (at least that is my hope). I was very thin at 18-20 (low 100s) but it was at the cost of extremely unhealthy diet, amenorrhea and crazy blood sugar issues (I'd faint at the drop of a hat).

firemanswife is offline Junior Member
    firechick-I feel compelled to respond to your post but I do not want to step on any toes or go against the rules. I don't think Iwill so here goes. Acne is the symtom of many things. You are obviously aware of that. IMHO I would do a little research on supplements, primarily anti-oxidents, that may help with the issue. Sometimes all our body needs is a for us to give it a little help when taking out the "garbage."
    You may also want to see if you can achieve and benefit from doing without any type of grain. Just a thought.

firemanswife

GladiatorGirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas, USA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Most of the time. Occasionally I will eat rice, or tortilla chips, but for the most part am grain-free.

Do you consume dairy: In the forms of sour cream and cheese mostly. I haven't drank milk in years.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee daily, and tea once in a while.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose a few poinds, but mostly to improve my health.

Favorite exercise: Working out outside with my bootcamp fitness group, 3 mornings a week, including weights. Otherwise, hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, bacon, roasted broccoli

Best part about being Primal: Now that I'm at a good weight, I like the freedom to eat within a certain range without worrying about gaining again, and I LOVE how good real food tastes! Also, seeing how my husband and kids are benefitting from this way of eating.

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling so good and seeing people close to me who are unhealthy but don't want to give up their processed junk and would rather take medications to deal with their health issues than make dietary changes, or don't see the connection between the foods they eat and their health.

jw19904 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dover Delaware

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:I need to lose weight and get healthier

Favorite exercise:Just starting. I will let you know

Favorite Primal food:Steak and Asparagus

Best part about being Primal:Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal:Not sure yet

nicolebeth is offline Junior Member
    Your location: MA

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Fairly, but I like coconut milk ice cream, hail merry macaroons, almond flour pancakes, and I am addicted to chocolate. Once I stopped gluten, corn, soy, other legumes, etc. I started craving meat again (and wanting more chocolate). (I learned, though, that without the other "bad" foods, chocolate didn't seem to be my problem--and I had though it was.)

Do you consume dairy: No (occasional feta and goat cheese). My digestion and skin don't like it--and even too much feta/goat cheese is a problem. So, this is a rare thing. But, I love Greek salad, so won't give it up entirely (again, just infrequent consumption).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee (usual source of caffeine) and tea (usual source of decaffeinated beverage)

Motivator for switching to Primal: better digestion, less bloating, etc.

Favorite exercise: kettlebells, and short (slow!) runs

Favorite Primal food: lamb chops

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better!

Worst part about being Primal: sometimes figuring out a filling enough lunch is a pain, but it's still better than having a sandwich. Also, other people: one of my kids seems to have a doctor-sanctioned gluten-intolerance, which people "get". I know that I have that (as well as corn intolerance, problems digesting legumes, etc.), but other people don't get it and see it as a fad.

handsome-inked is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Hatfield, Herts, UK
    How Primal are you: Just started my journey (3 weeks), so not massively no grains and only organic produce.
    Do you consume dairy: A little organic cheese
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasional cup of black tea or coffee
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Have had upper and lower digestive tract issues for years and am HIV+
    Favorite exercise: Yoga, walking
    Favorite Primal food: Still too new to this to be able to really comment
    Best part about being Primal: see above
    Worst part about being Primal: see above

stonemd is offline Junior Member

Intro - Mark S

[QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Oxfordshire UK

Age (If you want): 49 (a few days ago)

How Primal are you: Cut out all grain this week

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Acid reflux

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I've been on it week now, no acid !!! Oh and finishing PBP in a week

Worst part about being Primal:No worst part yet !!!

Rgds

Mark S

Khaleesi is offline Member
    Hi everyone and welcome! Great to read about all the new people.