Page 478 of 638 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 478

Paulmkennedy is offline Junior Member
    Hi My name is Paul. I just recently started this life plan at the new year.
    I've tried low carb eating in the past, but found those diets to be too restrictive.
    I love this plan, it seems to have more options of food, and realistic approach to healthy living.
    I am 48 and started this out at 222 lbs on my 5'5" frame. Looking forward to healthy weight loss and a healthy life!

Your location: Fort Worth, TX

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:a little yogurt and some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal:healthy weight loss and living

Favorite exercise:walking - exploring

Favorite Primal food:steak, salads,

Best part about being Primal:I feel great - I have tried convention weight loss plans in the past and I was constantly bloated and gassy feeling. and weight was very slow to come off or just didn't come off.

Worst part about being Primal: I was bread addict.

saady is offline Junior Member
    Hello
    Your location: Northern CA

Age (If you want): 30-40

How Primal are you: not really too primal (yet)

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, black and green

Motivator for switching to Primal: I think a lot of the concepts are good.

Favorite exercise: KB Swing, Jump rope, and front squat

Favorite Primal food: lamb chops

Best part about being Primal: I'm not too primal

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not primal

GunnerBBFC is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Charles aka Gunner, and I'm here to get some input on health and fitness.

I am 22

I am not very primal yet haha, but I will test it out as soon as I get the basics understood.

I do consume dairy, mainly milk, some cheese.

I do not drink coffee or tea

I'm just searching for alternative ways to promote healthy living and was intrigued by your forum.

I love to play basketball, thats exercise right? Nah, I love anything action sport, like rock climbing, bouldering, sprinting, swimming, etc.

Being primal sounds...really manly. #artofmanliness.com thats what it kind of reminds me of. It is natural and I like that.

No grain?! Man! Does that mean pastas? Rice? etc? Dangit, I love that stuff.

TheHistorian is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Michigan

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you:Beginner

Do you consume dairy: Don't, body hates it. Maybe some actual butter at times

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both

Motivator for switching to Primal:I am plagued by Anxiety and Stress. My holistic doctor almost demanded that I begin this lifestyle as he felt it suits me both philosophically and personality.

Favorite exercise:Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Grassfed Anything. Steak, chicken, fish

Best part about being Primal:It suits me pretty well.

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with people's pre programmed ideas of how we should eat and grocery stores that sell horrible food. Personally though nothing really.

Ultimate Loser is offline Junior Member
    Hey there everyone, Primal noob here. Started this past Monday and clock in at 5'-8" 255lbs. (was as high as 268 and recently got as low as 244lbs. pre-Holidays). I imagine in High School my lowest weight was around 190-ish? I don't recall getting on scales much then so who knows!

I'll be blogging my daily journey/meals at a specific location I will share once it's ready. Should be an interesting journey

Your location: Northern Virginia

How Primal are you: Noob, 3 days in.

Do you consume dairy: Before this yes. 2% Milk, cheeses, yogurt, cream cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Do not drink coffee, enjoy tea but generally with Splenda - so not sure yet how I will replace no Splenda.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being fat (and getting tired of talking about not wanting to be fat). I have a sedentary job (and do side work that is also sedentary) so it's tougher to drop for me.

Favorite exercise: Enjoy mountain biking around the trails near my house.

Favorite Primal food: I imagine it will be steaks, chicken and sweet potato

Best part about being Primal: The foods on the "good guy" list you can eat, I enjoy anyways (meat, fowl, veg, seeds, nuts). Don't need a rocket science degree to manage it.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to cut back on Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi!

Marlene is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Vancouver, Canada

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: just starting, nervously

Do you consume dairy: well, so far I do, but I haven't started my new regime.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight and have better health from the inside out.

Favorite exercise: jogging, dancing, hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: No need to feel bad about eating bacon

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to food pushers why I can't eat what everyone else is. And trying not to drink alcoholic drinks (other than vodka and soda and lime.)

mmSuzyQ is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oshawa, ON Canada

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Doing slow-carb (incl. legumes/lentils & no other carbs)

Do you consume dairy: no - allergic to milk proteins

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea - plain

Motivator for switching to Primal: Difficulty losing weight so trying something different

Favorite exercise: Bodypump

Favorite Primal food: bacon (natural)

Best part about being Primal: weight is coming off w/o being hungry

Worst part about being Primal: giving up sweets

firechick0228 is offline Junior Member

firechick0228

Hi all ~ I'm Jen, a mom of 3 and a 9 year FF/EMT. Prior to that I was a fitness trainer for 10 years, well-versed in all the misconceptions that make up our society in regards to diet/fitness. I taught them and lived them... and did fine until I grew older, kept getting hurt, and finally had twins at the age of 31. To get weight off I'd use sketchy supplementation, extreme caloric deficits (1500-1800/day), high mileage running and weight resistance 3-4 x/wk. I was exhausted and constantly injured, and stretching more than I was running in a given day to keep from hurting. Finally I literally hit the wall - 9 weeks of above diet/exercise (up to 30 miles/wk) and a total loss of 3 lbs body fat. So I quit. And gained 15.

I have many friends in the fitness industry and heard "paleo" now and again, but I've always shied away from "fads" so didn't give it much thought until I talked to my doctor. We realized a problem was hormonal imbalance, and she encouraged me to try changing my diet to eliminate grains, sugars and dairy (yeah, right) in addition to starting hormone therapy. Well after seeing some, but not great, results I went to a highly-regarded friend and trainer and he sent me to this site. I devoured the book in 3 days and I am a believer! I have completely altered my eating (not overly difficult since I was basically doing everything anyway, just incorporating gluten-free grains). Changing my exercise regimen, however, was hard to do - everything that has been ingrained in me for years thrown out the window. And go figure, not only do I love my workouts now (sprints, HIIT, Tabatas, hikes, mixing it up!), I feel no guilt when I don't work out. Bonus - my plantar fasciitis pain has significantly decreased since I started using five-fingers.

This is a realistic, practical and fun lifestyle... I live in OC and commute to Vegas for work - the time spent preparing and packing my food is SO worth the benefit of eating primally and feeling great! My energy levels allow me to accomplish more when I'm home, even after a sleepless night (yes, I know it's part of the program but tell that to the dispatchers). I enjoy my children more and relax at home, and I'm more productive and awake at work.

A bit of advise-seeking real quick - since I started the program I have developed full-blown acne on my face. I've always struggled with it but it is BAD. I have been undergoing some changes with the hormone therapy, trying to get within the proper ranges (and hoping at some point eating primally my body will adjust its own levels) but the past 2 weeks are severe and very embarrassing. Advice please!

The Questions:

Your location: Orange County, CA/Las Vegas, NV

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: right now about 95% (only 3 weeks in, 2 non-primal meals)

Do you consume dairy: 1-3x/wk (full fat cottage cheese, sometimes greek yogurt)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in am

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of being sick and tired! And weight loss is a motivator as well.

Favorite exercise: HIIT, Tabatas, Running ... changing it up all the time

Favorite Primal food: almond butter, coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: constant energy throughout the day, feel lighter and more bouncy

Worst part about being Primal: that DH thinks I'm loco and refuses to get on the wagon (although he has RH, and DS3 has some mild PDD, so rather than primal, trying to transition my family to primarily gluten-free, organic, and eliminate a lot (not all) of processed foods.

Safari Lady is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Durban, South Africa

Age (If you want): 5_ ish

How Primal are you: Just starting and loving it !

Do you consume dairy: Butter, have never really enjoyed dairy as in milk and ordinary cream, love a nice Camembert or Stilton, enjoy yoghurt and creamy savoury dips and hectic garlic cream sauce!

Do you drink coffee or tea: have weaned my self off coffee, that was until I recently saw Paleo Mama's butter coffee! Other wise I now drink Rooibos tea strong with grated ginger and dried red chilli...

Motivator for switching to Primal: had to get rid of the two tyres around my waist, and TB (typists bottom)! I had tried the Atkins way a while ago, but I love my veges!

Favorite exercise: sailing, walking, especially in the bush. However tore the cartilage in my knees 3 years ago.. now just coming right so have to do lots of stretching again, walking in water has helped a great deal.

Favorite Primal food: bacon, pork rashers, MARBLED Steak, boerwors (spicy sausage with reasonably high fat content!) Lamb cutlets!

Best part about being Primal: Not having indigestion and bloat from gluten, losing weight without feeling as if I am being deprived of anything! So stoked I lost 5kilos within the 1st 3 weeks. I can eat a block of dark 80% chilli chocolate as my reward - Heaven!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to convince others that low fat is NOT the way to go!

Looking forward to buying off the rack size 36 and wearing a swim suit IN PUBLIC with confidence again!

Tamsyn8484 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Manchester, UK

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Just ventured over to the common sense world

Do you consume dairy: Minimal amounts, only cream and full fat greek yoghurts

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight but mostly to feel healthy and happy and full of life and vitality

Favorite exercise: jogging, walking in the hills, weights, cycling

Favorite Primal food: Chicken and eggs

Best part about being Primal: No more bloated, painful stomach from wheat and grains! And no more (touch wood) binge eating

Worst part about being Primal: I am going to say explaining to others and eating at other peoples houses when I'm not cooking