Page 477 of 631 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 6305

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 477

Bashful is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I have just begun! I am about 5 days into the eating style and am trying to incorporate the exercise and lifestyle choices gradually. I buy organic produce when I can afford it, but organic/grass-fed meat is hard to find and expensive where I live and on a student budget, it's just not happening right now unfortunately.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I cook with butter and have small amounts of dairy with some meals.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I recently finished PBP and it made a lot of sense to me and so I wanted to give it a fair try to see how it will work into my life.

Favorite exercise: No exercise at all? Lol, walking is relaxing and I also like to play fitness video games.

Favorite Primal food: I haven't tried many as of yet, but I did make some lettuce tacos for supper yesterday and they were pretty darn good.

Best part about being Primal: To be determined!

Worst part about being Primal: So far, I would have to say the carb cravings. On day 2 and 3, I wanted nothing more then an ENTIRE box of oreos, stat.
    Last edited by Bashful; 01-27-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Morphat is offline Junior Member

Wink Saying Hi from the UK

Your location: In Staffordshire UK

Age (If you want):As old as my gums and a shade older than my teeth.

How Primal are you:I sometimes fall foul of the 'modern meat', when I can't find wild or grass fed flesh.

Do you consume dairy: I like full cream, and raw milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but no sugar or milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal:I couldn't tie my shoelaces with ease, and always bought slip-on shoes.

Favourite exercise:Walking and gardening

Favourite Primal food: Steak and offal

Best part about being Primal: Losing this 'extra person' I've been carrying around for 20 plus years.

Worst part about being Primal:Seething at the TV when I see experts extolling the virtues of eating 'healthy' grains, and starchy veggies, whilst vilifying saturated fat and too much protein. The anti-real food doctrine runs deep, deep, deep.

My name is John, I am retired, and because I was a very sporty type in my youth, I now have one replacement knee and will be getting another for my 74th birthday, in five weeks time. if ever there was an advert for the damage running can do, I am it. I am happy-go-lucky though, and philosophical about my bionic bits. At least I still have all my natural teeth, and I can tackle a tough steak. (Although I don't if I can help it.)
    So Hi everyone. I am here to learn and make pals. Maybe... if my eccentric sense of humour doesn't get in the way!
    Regards
    John
    Last edited by Morphat; 01-26-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: missed hyphen

mettacris is offline Junior Member
    The Answers:

Your location: Florida.

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Haven't been born yet. Primal birthdate will be Monday 1/28/12. I'm cleaning out the kitchen and prepping this weekend. I am definitely simmering and ready to get going. Get living.

Do you consume dairy: Not much, no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee a day, first thing in the morning. I also enjoy hot tea but only drink it in the evening, when I'm in the mood.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I spent the last week or two honestly watching what I eat, what my cravings are, what I grab on the go, what I consume w/abandon and have realized I'm completely addicted to sugar/carbs/grains, etc. I didn't judge myself or even stop myself from grabbing the crap for that matter; I just let myself do it and took note of it. Well, I'm over it. I don't want the crappy food fueling my body any longer. I've got a big, bloated belly and am irritated, stressed, depressed, anxious, and overall unhappy with myself. I have a dry scalp and dry skin and have diagnosed myself as having rheumatoid arthritis because of evening/nighttime/early morning wrist/joint pain and based on everything I've read in the Blueprint - it's probably a direct result of my poor SAD. I don't 'have' to be that way. I don't want to be that way. I want to live an optimal life. I have 4 kids and I want to be healthy. I want to be proud of myself and love myself.

Favorite exercise: Running. I really, really like to run long distances. My goal is a full marathon at Disney in Jan '14.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet.

Best part about being Primal: Not able to answer this yet.

That said: My name is Cristy. I'm tired of making excuses. I can workout without a hitch - but when it comes to food, I am in need of A LOT of help. I realize there are going to be a lot of tough times ahead, but I'm prepared to deal with them and make it through to being where I 'want' to be and know I deserve to be.
    Worst part about being Primal: Can't say either.
    Last edited by mettacris; 01-26-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Hello

Your location: SE London

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: quite

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup of tea in the morning and coffee occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: after seeing the fantastic results of my wheat intolerant sister who was advised to go grain-free

Favorite exercise: I don't do much other than plenty of walking and carrying round boxes of photocopying paper at work - planning to build muscle this year

Favorite Primal food: lamb - any which way

Best part about being Primal: no more brain fog !

Worst part about being Primal: erm erm erm - nope nothing - I LOVE IT !

diverchick is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Brunswick, Canada

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: only cheese and yogurt from time to time

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes- both black

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick of inflammatory responses and feeling lethargic

Favorite exercise: EVERYTHING!! Triathlon, Hockey, Snowboarding, Soccer, Weight lifting, cross-fit...the list is endless! Anything but Golf or tennis!

Favorite Primal food: steak, hands down!

Best part about being Primal: not being hungry, and even energy

Worst part about being Primal: no beer

Starkanda is offline Junior Member
    Your location: SoCal

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Right now, about one meal per day is primal, the rest are just low-carb.

Do you consume dairy: In my coffee mainly, I don't go for much other dairy, just because I am still trying to lose weight, and the calories can add up quick.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heck yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to keep weight off, and as being obese most of my life can attest, SAD doesn't work for me .

Favorite exercise: Ice Hockey

Favorite Primal food: Smoked pork butt and roasted fennel. /drool

Best part about being Primal: I don't think I have been "primal enough" yet to judge, but I do love my results with low carb!

Worst part about being Primal: It is crazy how much of a pain it is to eat out. Every trip to a restaurant requires thinking "is there food I can eat there?", and much of the time all the special requests, and feeling like you have to be treated "special" because apparently most Americans just eat whatever unhealthful slop is fed to them, it's enough to make one mad!

Kelly Korg is offline Junior Member
    Hi, Kelly Korg here. Ready to give up the chronic cardio and the carbs! Look for some motivation.

Your location: Northern Virginia

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Fairly. I have been at it about three weeks now with minimal exceptions.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes (but trying to cut back to one cup of coffee a day)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of failing, tired of excuses

Favorite exercise: It used to be running until I injured myself a few years ago. Now, its probably yoga or walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: Steak!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza.

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Finland

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Around 75% primal. No sugar (few fruit), no grains, no legumes, no milk products, no artificial sweeteners. Mainly coconut oil and organic butter for cooking. Unfortunately I have a hard time finding affordable grass-fed meat and butter. Rare lapses. Little exercise, mainly walking. Smoker (though aspiring to quit).

Do you consume dairy: No. I have been off dairy since long before I started aspiring for a primal lifestyle. It does not suit my digestion and has negative effects on my skin.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Black coffee and rarely plain green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: For years I've been aware that sugar and excessive carbs don't suit me. I get anxiety, mood swings, depression, insomnia, skin problems, digestion problems, you name it. I feel the best, most alive and energetic when I limit my carbs to veggies and (in moderation) fruit. Primal appeals to me because it feels natural to me, tastes delicious and makes me feel better than simply being on a low-carb diet. When it comes to exercise I've never been a jogger, cyclist etc. and enjoy lifting weights accompanied by bursts of high-intensity training.

Favorite exercise: A good gym session consisting of a 20 min warm-up (interval training e.g. rowing, cycling, elliptical), working certain muscle groups by weight training, cooling down 10-20 min depending on my mood, and finally stretching.

Favorite Primal food: It's difficult to choose just one, but the basics are the best. Omelette with veggies and some meat fried in coconut oil.

Best part about being Primal: A stable, positive mood and lack of digestion issues.

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations where food is involved. There is typically very little to choose from and people don't seem to take 'no' for an answer if they offer cake, candy, ice cream, biscuits etc. Additionally, I am the only person who lives a primal, or even a low-carb, lifestyle from all the people I know. It's difficult when my friends, boyfriend and family see me as potentially harming myself with what they consider to be a deficient diet and occasionally undermine my choice of lifestyle.
    Last edited by Yenni; 02-12-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Correction

jennkelley08 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Mt Laurel, NJ

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you: No dairy, no grains, no legumes, no tubers, no refined sugar

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Alleviating digestive disorders, fibromyalgia symptoms and weight loss

Favorite exercise: Barre and Zumba

Favorite Primal food: STEAK

Best part about being Primal: Haven't found one yet

Worst part about being Primal: Being "that" person when you go out to eat at a restaurant...and the general increased cost of food.

Sturm is offline Junior Member

Intro

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To change body composition and improve overall health

Favorite exercise: Military Press

Favorite Primal food: Tenderloin Steak

Best part about being Primal: The way it makes you feel and look

Worst part about being Primal: No sweets