Page 476 of 621 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 476

mummibear is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: not very I think. I'm trying, but I seem to be eating too much processed meat, in an effort to keep the cost down. I want to be Primal, but I am struggling at the moment. It's only been 3 weeks.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, way too much probably. I have a full fat milky coffee in the morning, and I snack on Cheddar all day.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I mostly drink green tea or peppermint tea, with a coffee in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to help my husband get healthy, as he is older than me, has a big belly and high blood pressure and always seems under the weather/ unwell. If I can lose weight and look great as well, even better!

Favorite exercise: hmmmmm. don't do a lot at the moment. Normally crunches are my favourite.

Favorite Primal food: I eat mostly eggs. (cheap) I need to experiment with more types of meat and fish.

Best part about being Primal: I am looking forward to being lean, and having thicker, stronger hair!

Worst part about being Primal: The cost!!

katschmitty is offline Junior Member
    Your location: St. Louis, MO

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Definitely eliminated wheat from my diet... trying to go full primal

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, coffee every morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Co-worker challenge... and reading "Wheat Belly" and "The Primal Blueprint"

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Avocaos

Best part about being Primal: So far I have had more energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to read product labels for hidden grain products

Lilith is offline Member

Hi all

Hi all, total newbie here

Your location: Staffordshire, UK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Very slightly - still looking into it!

Do you consume dairy: Intolerant to dairy but have soya milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to get lean - my hard work at the gym is not paying off!

Favorite exercise: Running and weights

Favorite Primal food: Salmon with vegetables

Best part about being Primal: Hopefully see my body tone up!

Worst part about being Primal: Dreading going 'grainless' 0_0

Jenl is offline Junior Member
    Hey Everyone newbie here. I'm coming from Michigan (or as I call it the little Arctic)

I'm 34 years old

I am learning the Primal as time goes on, but I want to incorporate it more into the family.

As for my dairy intake I have taken a lot out of my diet. I do eat a yogurt occasionally as well as ice cream (that was a hard one because I love Ice cream) a little bit of sour cream sometimes and a little bit of crumbled blue cheese on my salads.

I drink about a cup or two of coffee each day

My main motivation for switching to Primal is due to some health scares I have had over the past couple of years. I had Thoracic outlet syndrome (its rare)and because of this I experienced a minor heart attack due to the fact that my artery was being compressed and was victim to a side affect of a medicine I took. That has since been taken care of, thank goodness, however, I am experiencing some other health issues and thought that working out would be the answer. While my work out routine has helped I am still experiencing pain and believe that my diet has a bigger impact on how my body works and behaves then I realize. My husband has suggested me jumping in all the way with Primal and seeing how I feel. I truly believe you are what you eat, not that my diet is full of processed junk, but I am interested in learning how to better manage the right foods at the right time all while helping my body feel better.

My favorite exercise is swimming which I do 3-4 times a week, I also do yoga 2 times a week

Favorite primal food: Raspberries and coconut oil (its awesome for your skin, even though you may smell like a muffin, you'll feel soft)

Best part about being Primal: My husband has been doing Primal for a while and so he is a good go to resource.

Worst part about Primal is when you are away from home and don't have a say in the food being served. I travel a lot for ministry and it can be difficult.

herding_cats is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Midwest

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 60-80% I would guess, still making adjustments to get to where I want to be.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To me it just makes sense. I hate processed foods and the direction the health of our children seems to be taking.

Favorite exercise: Lifting my two favorite weights, my kids.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: The way you feel, the energy level.

Worst part about being Primal: Probably because this is still new to me, over-thinking what to eat.

Keilamarie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Massachusetts

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I howl at the moon

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Food allergies/celiac

Favorite exercise: Boxing

Favorite Primal food: pork chops

Best part about being Primal: crazy fast weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: ? Maybe cookies. I miss cookies, lol.

WenekiBlue is offline Junior Member

Cool Newb

Your location: Portland, Oregon

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: I am a Primal infant.

Do you consume dairy: Not much.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not much. I prefer diet (poison) pop. Obviously something I will have to elimate.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle change; change, change, change.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Carne Asada

Best part about being Primal: I do not know yet. Will update.

Worst part about being Primal: ? America makes it easy to eat like crap - so a lot more time and energy will be spent budgeting, shopping and preparing our food. Which could turn out to be the best part - Will Update!

SherylM is offline Junior Member

Just me.

The Questions:

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 100% as of January 2, 2013

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 clup of black coffee and working my way off it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and other health benefits

Favorite exercise: Walking and Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Meat!!!

Best part about being Primal: I can eat as much as I want of the right foods and not feel guilty and all my swelling is gone, completely.. like zippo swelling after about 3 days. It was awesome!

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I just want a cookie.

NewPilgrim is offline Junior Member
    I'm in Holly-weird, CA

41 years old

Not paleo yet, but just beginning my journey, having "toyed" with it off and on for the past 6 months or so

I do consume dairy now, but find most of it makes me feel like crap. I think I may try consuming dairy products recommended here to see if I notice a difference.

I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day (highly leaded)

I'm going paleo because my current grain-based diet is causing a lot of health problems and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I'm an avid distance runner and run about 3-4 1/2 marathons a year

Still learning, but do know that I LOVE steak

Don't know yet and looking forward to finding out

Don't know yet, but in playing around with it, I find it's challenging to deal with in social situations and when eating out

FLESH is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK (Sussex)

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Mentally and spiritually 99%, diet and exercise 6% (only because I like meat and lifting heavy things, otherwise 1%)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, too much milk. My second major step, after cutting refined sugar is to phase out milk to a minimum vice (if any).

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, loads of tea (with milk - being British) hence the need to phase it out. Coffee? once a day, but guess what? usually a latte!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Eliminate several long standing problems, headaches, lethargy...oh and to lose that extra 15 kg (33lbs?) that sneaked up on me over the last ten years.

Favorite exercise: Lifting my children, swimming and walking.

Favorite Primal food: Whole trout.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling connected to a primal instinct I always felt I had

Worst part about being Primal: When travelling, trying to find meat without some 'ose' in it.