Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 474

EssieInCali is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dutchie in America over here! hoi!

dinogirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: The Southern United States

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Very (but I'm new and still learning!)

Do you consume dairy: Currently, no

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, overall health

Favorite exercise: Exploring

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Since day 3 I've felt better than ever before in my life.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating so much meat. (I know, I know.)

Hello, everyone. I'm new - started eating mostly primal a couple of months ago, but got really serious about it a week ago. I have a significant amount of weight to lose and I just got tired of feeling like crap. I've lost about 10 pounds in this first week alone, which blows my mind. I have a condition which makes weight loss more difficult usually, so I've definitely never shed weight this quickly. Also, since about day 3 I've felt incredible. Really excited to have found a lifestyle that feels very natural and my body seems to be responding to it amazingly. I'm glad this forum exists as I'm sure I'll have questions along the way. Nice to meet you!

maelynn is offline Junior Member
    First post!

Your location: Alabama
    Age (If you want): 43
    How Primal are you: Newbie, trying to get started
    Do you consume dairy: Until now, mostly just in coffee, cheese, and an occasional greek yogurt. But not so much anymore.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, yes. Drank it straight up for the first time this morning.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss.
    Favorite exercise: Walking, occasional run.
    Favorite Primal food: Steak. Medium.
    Best part about being Primal: Bacon.
    Worst part about being Primal: No splenda in coffee.
    Last edited by maelynn; 01-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.

ElizaT is offline Junior Member
    Hello all

Your location: Finland

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 1 week old

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Some inner need to go back to old/ancient ways, plus wanting to reach optimal health

Favorite exercise: Swimming, in a lake, definitely NOT pool!

Favorite Primal food: At the moment - bacon (after several years of being a vegetarian... mmmm)

Best part about being Primal: The whole concept of returning to the roots of human race, trying to live like we are supposed to live

Worst part about being Primal: Coconuts, the seem to be everywhere! I really dislike the taste, but hopefully I will get used to it.

ballenparks is offline Junior Member
    Hi all I have seen the daily apple on countless google searches in search of my health and nutrition ventures and decided to give the forum a try.

Your location: Oklahoma,US

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: I am a college student and am as primal as I can be. I rarely buy organic but completely cut out grains except for a cheat day every week and a half. I have been following a Warrior diet/ IF approach for a couple months now and only eat once or twice daily. I eat either Chicken(store bought) or grass fed beef that my rents buy as my protein sources.

Do you consume dairy: Butter for cooking thats about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love coffe and I'm partial to tea. Always black and usually w/ stevia unless out and about and use sweet and low.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My family has a history of health probs and was a fat kid growing up. In search of health and weight loss.

Favorite exercise: I recently prefer to do full body or full body section workout(upper or lower body)

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed beef cooked in coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: Its easier to retain weight and feel better.

Worst part about being Primal: Weight loss not going as well as I'd hope

joelle is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I've been reading for awhile and have found so much great info. Thought I'd officially join in. --Joelle

The Questions:

Your location:
    Connecticut

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    I think very? But still learning!

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, but not a lot. Cream in my morning coffee, occasionally cook with butter, occasional cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    For weight loss, but already finding other benefits

Favorite exercise:
    walking, gardening

Favorite Primal food:
    lamb chops

Best part about being Primal:
    eating!

Worst part about being Primal:
    explaining

bcnfoodie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Barcelona

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: 90%, I have alcohol and dairy but no grains or legumes (except for peanut butter).

Do you consume dairy: Yes, if there's nothing else to eat at a party. I will continue to use butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both, sometimes with sweetener. Sticking to espressos though.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I've done Atkins a long time ago (on and off) and I read BFFM but none of them made sense to me separately.
    I think Primal is good because it is LC and there's emphasis on clean food. I am also an advocate of slow food, partly why I moved to Spain actually. The produce here is excellent.

Favorite exercise: Walking, dancing

Favorite Primal food: Confit of duck, roast pork belly, jamon iberico de bellota

Best part about being Primal: The focus on quality - I always felt full eating at Michelin star restaurants despite the tiny portions. This way of eating agrees with me.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out with friends who are not primal. Gluten and dairy free are easy to explain. But not eating patatas baravas or paella...

It's also a challenge as I've been running a foodie group for about a year now. I plan to "cheat" at our dinners so no one will even notice I'm primal.

Pola is offline Junior Member
    Hello all! Need like minded friends to help and motivate me,so i joined.

How primal are you? Starting again after being very mostly primal in the past.

Do you consume dairy? Yes. Butter and cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea? Coffee.

Motivator for switching to primal: Well,i understand this is the best way to eat and after a while off the diet,i got concerned about my health.

Favorite exercise: weight lifting.

Favorite primal food: all.

Best part about being primal: the way i feel,not getting sick when everybody else around me does.

Worst part: dificult to find good choices when eating out.

AppGal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: California Desert

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Thinking of starting

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and non-fat Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am really struggling with white, processed, sugar carb cravings. I need to get my metabolism and blood sugar in check.

Favorite exercise: Martial Arts, weights. P90X is a favorite

Favorite Primal food: Not there yet

Best part about being Primal: Not there yet

Worst part about being Primal:
    I am afraid that this is just another nutritional plan I will ditch. Really working on my mindset that just because I have struggles, doesn't mean I have to give up completely.

Wyrdwoman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone, I'm Sarah from Wales and I'm new here!
    I've read a lot of stuff about the primal blueprint in the last week and it makes perfect sense to me. As a child I hated bread, potatoes, and other carby stuff and it always seems to me to be pointless calories. I'm now 49 years old and weigh 198 pounds, and haven't felt well for a while - although for most of my life I've been fit and healthy, the last few years have been tough and I've developed an addiction to eating sugar and comfort foods. It can't go on! My ambition is to be back at my healthy weight by my 50th birthday in March - but any progress will be just fine :-)
    Yesterday I started to eat primally - and today I already feel different, with so far no cravings! It's great to realise that lots of the things I really love are primal - such as olives, butternut squash soup with coconut mik, roasted veggies, and a glass of red wine!
    Already I feel more in control...