Page 473 of 629 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 6285

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 473

MamaHar is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, so I've registered finally after having been on the MDA site numerous times for the last three months or so. Time to really commit.
    Age 46
    How primal: I guess around 90% these days (gradually got further in)
    Dairy: decided 2 weeks ago to have it only in the weekends, full-fat Greek yoghurt
    Tea/coffee: just tea, please (never liked the taste of coffee)
    Motivation for going primal: those xx kilos that stayed on after two pregnancies, general health and mood
    Favorite excercise: Body Balance (Les Mills), walking
    Favorite Primal food: I'll have a good steak and salad anytime
    Best part of being Primal: lots of energy
    Worst part of going Primal: low carb flu! But I think I am over that now (just a bit sniffy)

Curious to know if there are more Dutch people around. If so, send me a note!

Grok on!
    Henriette

kmw5 is offline Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm an American expat in Scotland. I put on a lot of weight after immigrating last summer and got sedentary as well. Trying to get the DH on board as well. I love cooking and savory stuff in general, so primal seems the way to go.

Your location: Scotland

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Pretty dedicated

Do you consume dairy: Cook with butter, that's about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight/ get fit for enjoying life.

Favorite exercise: hiking right now, anything outdoors.

Favorite Primal food: meatloaf!

Best part about being Primal: bacon, savory stuff

Worst part about being Primal: all the baked goods that permeate British food

unicorndeva is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Just started

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Type 2 diabetes, depression, chronic fatigue and pre menopause... gee aren't I lucky???

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Don't know yet

Best part about being Primal: See above

Worst part about being Primal: See above

Hooligan is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Primal enough

Do you consume dairy: a little (more if I could get raw... stupid government)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, mostly tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: been on this path for a while, Mark just clarified it for me!

Favorite exercise: Pull ups... and Hiking with the dog

Favorite Primal food: Kale or beef

Best part about being Primal: Clarity, ability to add muscle without working out, leaner than I already was

Worst part about being Primal: No baguettes, no crackers, no chips (what the hell am I supposed to do with my gauc!?!)

Hooligan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyj View Post
    Hola!

Your location: Kentucky. In the sticks.

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started. Hoping to be mostly primal. I hate processed stuff even though I've lived off of it for decades. It just doesn't feel right.

Do you consume dairy: Been lactose intolerant for 20 years. Probably won't. Probably will stick with cheese in the beginning. But otherwise, coconut milk for whatever dairy needs i have.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do right now. Coffee will be the hardest habit to break. I love water. But drinking black coffee will be hard. Even with coconut milk, it will be hard to do without sweetener which is allowed on atkins, but not on primal. I don't want to use sweeteners, but it's an addiction like everything else. Best thing to do will probably to give up coffee. If i can give up lasagna, i can give up coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm morbidly obese. And I've done vegitarian. I've done every other diet imaginable. Atkins worked best for me. I lost 60lbs once, but with atkins there was not enough back story for me to stay on it. I was much "weaker" in the mind when I did it over a decade ago. I now have a major gluten allergy. So giving up grains is easy because it makes me feel so miserable. I realize this is not atkins, but the diet is somewhat akin to to it. Primal feels right. It sounds logical. I like logic. I like feeling normal. So here we go

Favorite exercise: Just starting again, but since I'm so obese I'll be starting those super easy exercises. Moving slow - walking will be my favorite, did that yesterday. Tried out some wall push-ups. And squatting. I like the squatting. it really feels like it stretches things out. I'm at a loss right now how I will do the pull ups. I can't imagine anything in my home that is sturdy enough to hold my body weight - even doing the leg/knee pullups. If it were summer, I could probably find a tree. I'll have to work on a solution for this.

Favorite Primal food: Beef & Broccoli. Always.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling normal. Not feeling bloated, inflamed all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with the modern lifestyle that is alllllllllllllllllll around me.
    This is badass, Good for you!

MayonnaiseJane is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Upstate NY

Age (If you want): 28, Androgyne identified but your forum makes me pick a sex, so I went with my bio-sex.

How Primal are you:
    Barely. I'm a newb and I'm still easing myself into these waters. I don't think I'll ever be 100%. I'm addicted to Mountain Dew and don't see that changing anytime soon, but I used to eat pasta 6 nights a week, at least, and snack constantly on packaged carbs, and bulk candy. Now I eat meat for nearly every dinner, and count carbs, and I nearly completely cut the snacking.

Do you consume dairy: Bunches, especially legit soft mozzarella, and Milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. I like Tea. Nice Black Tea. None of that spiced or herbal stuff. Leaves of a freaking tea plant.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My friend Molly is a full on Primal. I eat two meals a night at her place, and she's educated me on it some. Even if I can't do it all the way getting partway there is healthier than what I used to do (subsist primarily on pasta.)

Favorite exercise: Dancing. I'm not a good dancer by any means... but I get great cardio trying and failing to learn new dances, or just dancing like no one's watching and I don't care. I'd probably love Zumba, but why pay for that when I can just dance badly in my own home for free?

Favorite Primal food: Sashimi.

Best part about being Primal: All my favorite meats are AOK.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up boredom/stress eating. I'm not hungry for junk food... I'm just bored... or I'm stressed out and eating just feels good. I knew that and I did it anyway when I had the metabolisim of a humming bird. I'm still bored and now I choose not to and I don't feel hungry at all... I feel BORED AS HECK, even when I'm doing something else. I need to do like 3 things at once to not be bored, and eating was an easy way to tie up one of the tracks of my multitrack mind. The stress eating wasy 10 times easier to give up than the boredom eating.

Flitty is offline Junior Member
    Hi there

Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Just started, 3 days in. Have just had some bread, but the cupboards are bare and that's all that was in. I did top it with butter instead of margarine though!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost 60lbs last year using CW, then put 28lbs back on. I also still felt sluggish and lacking in energy. I read PB, and realised I could feel better and still lose weight.

Favorite exercise: None, but I hope I will start to like it!

Favorite Primal food: Any meat, and cheddar cheese.

Best part about being Primal: Too early to say, but if the last 3 days are anything to go by, it's feeling full without feeling stuffed and sluggish.

Worst part about being Primal: Not knowing if I'm doing it right! Is it ok to eat bread if it's within my carb limit? I have struggled to increase my fat intake, and my protein intake is quite high (it is always more than i should have for my LBM). I've also struggled to eat more than 50g of carbs, how can I fix that?

I'm a married mother of 6 on a budget, wanting to move away from a convenience and lazy lifestyle.

Fiona1968 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Geraldton, Western Australia

Age (If you want): 44 and proud of it

How Primal are you: I am currently on day 17 of a Whole30 detox which is my first toe in the Primal Lifestyle Pool!

Do you consume dairy: Used to but haven't since 31st December 2012.

Do you drink coffee or tea: As a "white and one" coffee drinker I have struggled with coffee without milk so I have chosen to do without it instead ... so far so good, no casualties!

Motivator for switching to Primal: My former eating lifestyle was making me feel tired and sluggish and bloated so I decided to try gluten free to see if that helped. Talking to a friend on New Year's Eve introduced me to paleo which I had never heard of before. I ordered some books online, discovered and decided to undertake a Whole30 starting 1st January (which is the only time of the year I have any motivation to do anything new haha) and when my Primal Blueprint book arrived and I started reading it, everything suddenly made sense.

Favorite exercise: Walking on the beach, can't beat fresh salt air!

Favorite Primal food: I am still very much a newbie at this so don't really have a favourite primal food but I am a bit in love with all things coconut.

Best part about being Primal: Even though I am only 17 days old - primally speaking - the long lasting energy is pretty impressive. Can't wait to see how good I feel a bit further down the track.

Worst part about being Primal: Being a newbie I'm always worrying I might be eating something I shouldn't! But other than that love everything about it

EssieInCali is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: North San Diego

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: about 70% food wise, need to get to exercising more

Do you consume dairy: been switching over to coconut milk, I eat cheese some times

Do you drink coffee or tea: hate coffee! tea aficionado!

Motivator for switching to Primal: avoiding diabetes, slimming down, be a in great health, have a healthy family

Favorite exercise: hiking, used love Kickboxing and yoga but some how stopped doing that

Favorite Primal food: sashimi!, I love me some good fish, or chicken.

Best part about being Primal: lots of variety of veggies and protein

Worst part about being Primal: no more cheesecake or tiramisu???

EssieInCali is offline Junior Member
    I dip veggies cut in sticks in guacamole: carrots and cucumber hmmmmm