Page 472 of 673 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6725

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Shop Now
    Your location: Winnipeg, Canada

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: as primal as possible! (need more sun though)

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea on occasion, but water is how I usually roll

Motivator for switching to Primal: After seeing family & friends get sick for various reasons, I became motivated to figure out what a lifestyle free from illness, disease, obesity etc. looked like. One of my friends explained to me the "paleo" concept and I was converted in minutes - it was exactly what I had been searching for. I want to lead by example and help create a sustainable future for myself and my fellow creatures. It was one of the best & easiest decisions I ever made.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts (or sprints)...I have disproportionately strong legs and it's the one exercise I excel at.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken...extra spicy

Best part about being Primal: It's the lifestyle that fulfills my vision for my life & what I want to accomplish. How awesome is that??

Worst part about being Primal: people think I'm crazy. I get tired of explaining where I get calcium from.

I've been eating like this for about 3 months, I haven't really lost much weight, but I don't have much to lose, so maybe that's why. I might be more motivated to drop the red wine and dairy if it was more of a problem for me. I am liking the slight slenderising that is happening though
    FOr me, I just want to feel great, I have Coeliacs in the family and I think when I had my twins 2.5 years ago it switched on the gene for me, as I started to get a really weird gurgling belly.
    I switched to GF and felt sluggish, so the next step was bye bye grains.
    Looking forward to learning more!

Your location:
    Australia

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I'd say 80% is sorted, with a brief hiatus over Xmas.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, raw.

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight and energy levels

Favorite exercise: swimming, walking, dance

Favorite Primal food:spinach leaves, chicken, seafood and bacon

Best part about being Primal: not watching fat content

Worst part about being Primal: getting used to different quick grab snacks, no banana grabs

Your location:
    south west england uk

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Day 2 sticking to the plan

Do you consume dairynly butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:none

Motivator for switching to Primal: ive got hypothyroidism and i need to lose weight

Favorite exercise: running, karate, swimming

Favorite Primal food:coconut smoothy

Best part about being Primal: i shall be around longer to see my children grow up

Worst part about being Primal: getting used to what i can and cant eat. and keeping a check on my carb so they stay in the 50-100 zone

Hi everyone! I'm Kelly, and I started this program about two weeks ago. I have been pretty good about following it, but the scale has not budged an ounce! Any suggestions for a newbie? Thanks!

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Fairly good so far, but its only been two weeks.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Trying to limit myself to one cup of coffee a day; sometimes decaf green tea in the evenings

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overeating over the holidays have left all my pants too tight!

Favorite exercise: Used to be running, but I injured myself a few years ago and have been living in a self pity party ever since.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!!

Best part about being Primal: I am not starving!

Worst part about being Primal: I love carbs. In my perfect world, breakfast is a bagel with cream cheese, lunch is a sub sandwich and dinner is a big plate of pasta.

Hi all! Had trained before and got myself very fit and healthy, but went very lazy all of a sudden and put on a LOT of weight (didn't change my daily food intake when not training). Currently 260lbs with roughly 25-30% body fat. Looking to slim down to about 220lbs.

Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 'Almost' primal

Do you consume dairy: I cook with butter and enjoy a small splash of milk in tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to lose fat/get healthy so can start playing sports again

Favorite exercise: Love squats and deadlifts

Favorite Primal food: Pork neck!!

Best part about being Primal: Fat is flavour!

Worst part about being Primal: I will miss these cakes the Germans are bloody good at baking!!!

Hola!

Your location: Kentucky. In the sticks.

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started. Hoping to be mostly primal. I hate processed stuff even though I've lived off of it for decades. It just doesn't feel right.

Do you consume dairy: Been lactose intolerant for 20 years. Probably won't. Probably will stick with cheese in the beginning. But otherwise, coconut milk for whatever dairy needs i have.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do right now. Coffee will be the hardest habit to break. I love water. But drinking black coffee will be hard. Even with coconut milk, it will be hard to do without sweetener which is allowed on atkins, but not on primal. I don't want to use sweeteners, but it's an addiction like everything else. Best thing to do will probably to give up coffee. If i can give up lasagna, i can give up coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm morbidly obese. And I've done vegitarian. I've done every other diet imaginable. Atkins worked best for me. I lost 60lbs once, but with atkins there was not enough back story for me to stay on it. I was much "weaker" in the mind when I did it over a decade ago. I now have a major gluten allergy. So giving up grains is easy because it makes me feel so miserable. I realize this is not atkins, but the diet is somewhat akin to to it. Primal feels right. It sounds logical. I like logic. I like feeling normal. So here we go

Favorite exercise: Just starting again, but since I'm so obese I'll be starting those super easy exercises. Moving slow - walking will be my favorite, did that yesterday. Tried out some wall push-ups. And squatting. I like the squatting. it really feels like it stretches things out. I'm at a loss right now how I will do the pull ups. I can't imagine anything in my home that is sturdy enough to hold my body weight - even doing the leg/knee pullups. If it were summer, I could probably find a tree. I'll have to work on a solution for this.

Favorite Primal food: Beef & Broccoli. Always.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling normal. Not feeling bloated, inflamed all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with the modern lifestyle that is alllllllllllllllllll around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Bailey Colorado

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Almost Always

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though decreasing ever so slowly

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Coffee Mostly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Yearning to get my body back from the Body $natchers

Favorite exercise: Mini Circuit Course of Uphill Sprints & Log Lifts/Presses

Favorite Primal food: PARSNIPS!!!!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling Great & Motivated

Worst part about being Primal:
    I have none as of yet

Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself! So,hey there everyone!

I'm fairly new to Primal eating. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can from all of you!

Your location:Manitoba,Canada

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you:I'd say about 90%

Do you consume dairy:Whipping cream in my coffee and greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee,just in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal:Just wanting to be healthy,(I have Celiac Disease)

Favorite exercise:Strength training

Favorite Primal food:Bacon

Best part about being Primal:The variety of whole foods I can eat

Worst part about being Primal:Can't think of anything!

Shop Now
    Hi all. Here's my brief intro:

I'm a wife to be (very soon!) and mother to one little girl. Also a health science student with a life-long interest in nutrition (not always healthy). I also enjoy running - I'm considering it's value in my life now I'm reading a lot about running and its possible impact. Travel is my other love.

I am currently 5'9" and 138lbs, looking to decrease fat and increase muscle gradually.

Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Semi primal - gradually transitioning

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Butter, Greek yoghurt, milk in tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking to improve my health, energy and mood. I have never been overweight but nonetheless I've tried every diet going and was also deep in the trenches of anorexia for a long period. Gradually learning about the myths surrounding fat has been liberating for me, having long been a low-fat, calories in<calories out devotee. It worked for weight loss but did not result in vibrant good health, which is what I'm looking for. The more I read about Primal, the more eating what we are designed to eat just makes sense. Oh - and I have ADD. Cutting out wheat (another step on this journey) has really improved my brain function, so I'm keen to see what other improvements might lie in store.

Favorite exercise: (shhh... running!)

Favorite Primal food: Roast pork

Best part about being Primal: Knowing the truth about real nutrition, recognising mainstream dieting advice as baloney and eating meat and fat without guilt

Worst part about being Primal: Finding the transition to lower-carb difficult