Page 472 of 621 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 6206

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 472

AJWalton is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Winnipeg, Canada

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: as primal as possible! (need more sun though)

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea on occasion, but water is how I usually roll

Motivator for switching to Primal: After seeing family & friends get sick for various reasons, I became motivated to figure out what a lifestyle free from illness, disease, obesity etc. looked like. One of my friends explained to me the "paleo" concept and I was converted in minutes - it was exactly what I had been searching for. I want to lead by example and help create a sustainable future for myself and my fellow creatures. It was one of the best & easiest decisions I ever made.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts (or sprints)...I have disproportionately strong legs and it's the one exercise I excel at.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken...extra spicy

Best part about being Primal: It's the lifestyle that fulfills my vision for my life & what I want to accomplish. How awesome is that??

Worst part about being Primal: people think I'm crazy. I get tired of explaining where I get calcium from.
    After overcoming chronic tendonitis (6 years) and voice loss (28 months) using the principles of the primal lifestyle, I now share what I've learned - with an emphasis on the psychology of behavior and behavior change, as well as social responsibility and sustainability. I'd be honored if you'd join me on my journey to help create a healthier, happier world!

Facebook: BodyHacks
    Blog: BodyHacksTV

Aylaway is offline Junior Member
    I've been eating like this for about 3 months, I haven't really lost much weight, but I don't have much to lose, so maybe that's why. I might be more motivated to drop the red wine and dairy if it was more of a problem for me. I am liking the slight slenderising that is happening though
    FOr me, I just want to feel great, I have Coeliacs in the family and I think when I had my twins 2.5 years ago it switched on the gene for me, as I started to get a really weird gurgling belly.
    I switched to GF and felt sluggish, so the next step was bye bye grains.
    Looking forward to learning more!

Your location:
    Australia

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I'd say 80% is sorted, with a brief hiatus over Xmas.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, raw.

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight and energy levels

Favorite exercise: swimming, walking, dance

Favorite Primal food:spinach leaves, chicken, seafood and bacon

Best part about being Primal: not watching fat content

Worst part about being Primal: getting used to different quick grab snacks, no banana grabs

rainbowgirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    south west england uk

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Day 2 sticking to the plan

Do you consume dairynly butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:none

Motivator for switching to Primal: ive got hypothyroidism and i need to lose weight

Favorite exercise: running, karate, swimming

Favorite Primal food:coconut smoothy

Best part about being Primal: i shall be around longer to see my children grow up

Worst part about being Primal: getting used to what i can and cant eat. and keeping a check on my carb so they stay in the 50-100 zone

Kelly Grok is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Kelly, and I started this program about two weeks ago. I have been pretty good about following it, but the scale has not budged an ounce! Any suggestions for a newbie? Thanks!

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Fairly good so far, but its only been two weeks.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Trying to limit myself to one cup of coffee a day; sometimes decaf green tea in the evenings

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overeating over the holidays have left all my pants too tight!

Favorite exercise: Used to be running, but I injured myself a few years ago and have been living in a self pity party ever since.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!!

Best part about being Primal: I am not starving!

Worst part about being Primal: I love carbs. In my perfect world, breakfast is a bagel with cream cheese, lunch is a sub sandwich and dinner is a big plate of pasta.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Hi all! Had trained before and got myself very fit and healthy, but went very lazy all of a sudden and put on a LOT of weight (didn't change my daily food intake when not training). Currently 260lbs with roughly 25-30% body fat. Looking to slim down to about 220lbs.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 'Almost' primal

Do you consume dairy: I cook with butter and enjoy a small splash of milk in tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to lose fat/get healthy so can start playing sports again

Favorite exercise: Love squats and deadlifts

Favorite Primal food: Pork neck!!

Best part about being Primal: Fat is flavour!

Worst part about being Primal: I will miss these cakes the Germans are bloody good at baking!!!

jazzyj is offline Junior Member
    Hola!

Your location: Kentucky. In the sticks.

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started. Hoping to be mostly primal. I hate processed stuff even though I've lived off of it for decades. It just doesn't feel right.

Do you consume dairy: Been lactose intolerant for 20 years. Probably won't. Probably will stick with cheese in the beginning. But otherwise, coconut milk for whatever dairy needs i have.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do right now. Coffee will be the hardest habit to break. I love water. But drinking black coffee will be hard. Even with coconut milk, it will be hard to do without sweetener which is allowed on atkins, but not on primal. I don't want to use sweeteners, but it's an addiction like everything else. Best thing to do will probably to give up coffee. If i can give up lasagna, i can give up coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm morbidly obese. And I've done vegitarian. I've done every other diet imaginable. Atkins worked best for me. I lost 60lbs once, but with atkins there was not enough back story for me to stay on it. I was much "weaker" in the mind when I did it over a decade ago. I now have a major gluten allergy. So giving up grains is easy because it makes me feel so miserable. I realize this is not atkins, but the diet is somewhat akin to to it. Primal feels right. It sounds logical. I like logic. I like feeling normal. So here we go

Favorite exercise: Just starting again, but since I'm so obese I'll be starting those super easy exercises. Moving slow - walking will be my favorite, did that yesterday. Tried out some wall push-ups. And squatting. I like the squatting. it really feels like it stretches things out. I'm at a loss right now how I will do the pull ups. I can't imagine anything in my home that is sturdy enough to hold my body weight - even doing the leg/knee pullups. If it were summer, I could probably find a tree. I'll have to work on a solution for this.

Favorite Primal food: Beef & Broccoli. Always.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling normal. Not feeling bloated, inflamed all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with the modern lifestyle that is alllllllllllllllllll around me.

MattDog51 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Bailey Colorado

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Almost Always

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though decreasing ever so slowly

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Coffee Mostly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Yearning to get my body back from the Body $natchers

Favorite exercise: Mini Circuit Course of Uphill Sprints & Log Lifts/Presses

Favorite Primal food: PARSNIPS!!!!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling Great & Motivated

Worst part about being Primal:
    I have none as of yet

Shyloh is offline Member
    Hi!

Just wanted to introduce myself! So,hey there everyone!

I'm fairly new to Primal eating. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can from all of you!

Your location:Manitoba,Canada

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you:I'd say about 90%

Do you consume dairy:Whipping cream in my coffee and greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee,just in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal:Just wanting to be healthy,(I have Celiac Disease)

Favorite exercise:Strength training

Favorite Primal food:Bacon

Best part about being Primal:The variety of whole foods I can eat

Worst part about being Primal:Can't think of anything!

Delphine is offline Junior Member
    Hi all. Here's my brief intro:

I'm a wife to be (very soon!) and mother to one little girl. Also a health science student with a life-long interest in nutrition (not always healthy). I also enjoy running - I'm considering it's value in my life now I'm reading a lot about running and its possible impact. Travel is my other love.

I am currently 5'9" and 138lbs, looking to decrease fat and increase muscle gradually.

Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Semi primal - gradually transitioning

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Butter, Greek yoghurt, milk in tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking to improve my health, energy and mood. I have never been overweight but nonetheless I've tried every diet going and was also deep in the trenches of anorexia for a long period. Gradually learning about the myths surrounding fat has been liberating for me, having long been a low-fat, calories in<calories out devotee. It worked for weight loss but did not result in vibrant good health, which is what I'm looking for. The more I read about Primal, the more eating what we are designed to eat just makes sense. Oh - and I have ADD. Cutting out wheat (another step on this journey) has really improved my brain function, so I'm keen to see what other improvements might lie in store.

Favorite exercise: (shhh... running!)

Favorite Primal food: Roast pork

Best part about being Primal: Knowing the truth about real nutrition, recognising mainstream dieting advice as baloney and eating meat and fat without guilt

Worst part about being Primal: Finding the transition to lower-carb difficult