Page 471 of 631 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 6306

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 471

Pamela Wurtz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Lake Oswego, Oregon (outside of Portland)

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: about 50/50

Do you consume dairy: whole cream in coffee, occasionally cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 cups of coffee each morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: natural living/eating has always appealed to me. I have a family of 7 that I want to nourish through the best food possible. The transition has been gradual.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, heavy lifting (through manual labor, not weight lifting), dancing.

Favorite Primal food: I really love it all.

Best part about being Primal: I know what I am putting into my body because I prepare it fresh.

Worst part about being Primal: At times I don't have to energy to cook.

I have been reading MDA for several years. I totally agree with this lifestyle. I think what has held me back from going "whole hog" is that I over-think it. So I am just going for it and finally joining the forum. I'm hoping to meet some others in my area for camaraderie and support.

nivia is offline Junior Member
    I'm just about to officially go primal. I have reduced my carbohydrates to less than 100g/day for one week now with much success, so I am very excited about learning everything there is to the primal lifestyle and hope to get my husband into it.

Your location: San Antonio, TX

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just starting... I don't know all the rules yet and am buying the 21 day book and The Primal Blueprint book today.

Do you consume dairy: Very little... I'll have a cup of lactose free milk a couple of times a week. I'm sure there is dairy hidden in some of the packaged foods we eat, but from what I've read on the website, I won't be buying much of that stuff any more.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I have an occasional tall soy latte with a double shot, but I don't like coffee without a ton of soymilk. I drink unsweetened tea with some of my meals.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose body fat, build muscle, feel better (hopefully get relief from some of my allergies), and to regulate my hormones.

Favorite exercise: I used to be a cardio junkie... I still very much enjoy a run outside. I started lifting weights recently and am addicted.. now I don't feel guilty if I don't get on the elliptical or treadmill (boring!!)

Favorite Primal food: Avocado and nuts

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat fat. After experimenting with this for a week, I'm so upset that society has taught us all our lives to eat "low-fat" and then stocks our grocery stores with poisonous "fat-free" and "sugar-free" things we can't even call food!! I love being able to eat actual, satisfying food and not having to be obsessed with calories and fat grams. Even though I'm not even playing by all the rules yet, I already feel happier, see more muscle definition, and have more energy... I can't wait to get completely into it!

Worst part about being Primal: Really nothing from this week of experimenting... I was worried I was not even going to make it a day without dying for a cookie, or pasta, or a tortilla, but so far, I don't even think about those things

sarahelyse is offline Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Sarah, and after stumbling across MDA not once, not twice, but three times, I finally read enough so that everything clicked! I really dove into everything and started making changes a few weeks ago, and am completely SOLD on this! I'm hoping for a bit of a community experience, since I don't know anyone besides myself that doesn't eat a SAD. Alright, here's some info!

Your location: Dayton, OH

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Fairly primal food-wise(90%). Not too good with the stress management or play aspects yet

Do you consume dairy: Maybe once a week or so

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mostly I just want to feel more energetic, but what really kicked me into gear was watching my grandma slowly decline in health until she passed away recently. I want to "Live long and drop dead!"

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Not only is it super easy to make better food choices, my mood has seen a huge upswing so far!

Worst part about being Primal: Not having anyone to talk to about it!

SW: 250
    CW: 241
    UGW: 160ish? I won't know until I get there!

Fat Matt is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South East United States

How Primal are you: All the way...!!!

Do you consume dairy: No (I am not sure how long this will last)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not yet, but strongly considering it for the sake of variety.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, fitness, weight-loss, because it's the smart thing to do, etc...

Favorite exercise: CrossFit

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling guilty about what I eat...!

Worst part about being Primal: The Carb Flu and trying to eat out with non-Primal friends.

Sunflowermama is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Just started, but mostly Primal. I have had dark chocolate covered almonds the past couple of days. Before that I wasn't eating any sweets.

Do you consume dairy: Right now no the baby is reacting when I have dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee maybe one cup a day or every other day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose this baby weight that I can't seem to let go of...of course we have had 11 children, and the last 7 have been basically one every year. With this last little one I was pre diabetic towards the end of the pregnancy. We also have a Type 1 Diabetic son who was diagnosed last April. Last night he had some popcorn as a snack and some biscuits for breakfast...he has been running a bit high all day. I think the grains need to go for him as well.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and steak

Best part about being Primal: I can eat beef if I would like.

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I really want that bowl of rocky road.
    Last edited by Sunflowermama; 01-12-2013 at 06:34 PM.

apgtivo is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    SJ Ca

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: pretty disciplined so far...1 week in

Do you consume dairy: minimal to none

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee and just started green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gut Check

Favorite exercise: Golf and Tennis

Favorite Primal food:any red meat

Best part about being Primal: no more lean meats

Worst part about being Primal: bye-bye Cherries Garcia and Chocolate Chip Ice cream

cones90 is offline Junior Member

Hi Everyone

A little over a week ago I decided that I was going to change my eating habits and switch to low carb. Yesterday as I was searching the internet to learn more about it I stumbled upon this amazing site. Needless to say I am more than impressed the PB and plan to make it my lifestyle!

Your location: Superior, WI

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Aiming for >85%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cheese and yogurt..but only in moderation.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hot green or black tea once at least every other day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just wanted to make a change in my life to better my body and mind.

Favorite exercise: Mountain biking and frisbee golf.

Favorite Primal food: Steak and bacon.

Best part about being Primal: The way it truly makes you appreciate the good food that we get to eat. Once you start to rid your body of all the toxins and bad food your taste buds start to go crazy for all of the delicious meat and wonderful greens.

Worst part about being Primal: I am yet to meet or know anyone who understands what I'm doing or why I'm doing it, so nobody to talk to about it or enjoy it with.

Paul Bunyan is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ann Arbor / Brighton area, Michigan

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: probably somewhere in the 90-95% vicinity.

Do you consume dairy: pretty much just ghee or grass-fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes! with nothing added to either

Motivator for switching to Primal: Eosinophilic esophagitis which causes my esophagus to swell with eosinophils (hello inflammation!) when exposed to certain foods. My triggers are gluten and dairy.

Favorite exercise: Squats, pull-ups, push-ups, having fun

Favorite Primal food: bacon!

Best part about being Primal: see above

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet - still new at this, but I'm not seeing much downside!

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    hi everyone! didn't do this yet...

Your location: Queen Charlotte, BC, Canada

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: probably 90%...although i am more relaxed if people have me over for dinner (although that doesn't mean i'll gorge on pasta either!)

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream in coffee, sometimes i make my own 24h fermented full fat yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: COFFEEEEE! (that's a yes) and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: i followed the SCD diet several years ago for my colitis. very similar to paleo. in recent years my symptoms almost all but disappeared and i added grains back in, albeit slowly. something drew me into Primal in fall 2012 though. no idea what it was. just makes sense to me. so following my gut.

Favorite exercise: SUP! love my SUP. i also do a modified crossfit (live in VERY small town so minimal resources) and cold ocean swimming!

Favorite Primal food: venison! bacon! venison wrapped in bacon! actually coconut is my fav. coconut oil and cream are my crack! i am also a HUGE leafy green fan (grew 6 kinds of kale last year!).

Best part about being Primal: energy! i had tons before but it's even higher now!

Worst part about being Primal: explaining it to people. also, seeing people's expression when i tell them i make coffee with coconut oil, butter and an egg yolk every morning. actually, that's the best part.

Sarem is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80 %

Do you consume dairy: yes I m a few days into this and am above ' moderate' consuming a greek yogurt and slice if cheese per day, or lactose free milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both. I enjoy a great French roast or green tea. I also enjoy cutting up a fresh piece of ginger and letting it seep for ginger tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healing the gut. Gaining back that sense of vitality via being active and eating well

Favorite exercise: not there yet. But I do enjoy enjoying

Favorite Primal food: short ribs

Best part about being Primal: the connection with whole foods

Worst part about being Primal: I am looking forward to the point where fresh Italian bread will no longer interest me.