Page 470 of 638 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 470

New but excited!

Your location: New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just started, so I don't really know. So far I am focusing on modifying meals so they don't involve bread/ rice/ pasta

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes (coffee with cream, no sugar)

Motivator for switching to Primal: 1) Stop and reverse recent weight gain. I like being curvy, but I don't enjoy being puffy. (For reference I'm 5"6" and just over 160 lbs for the first time ever. If I could get down to 135-140, I'd be psyched.) 2) Maximize my efforts at my CrossFit gym. I refuse to work out this hard and gain weight! (And no, it's not muscle mass. My pants aren't zipping.) I know I am getting stronger, but I don't look stronger. Better nutrition should translate into better performance at the gym and results I can see as well as feel.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell swings

Favorite Primal food: So far, loving all the bacon and avocado

Best part about being Primal: Feeling like I found a realistic plan of action that doesn't involve counting anything (points, calories, etc)

Worst part about being Primal: I love bread. And muffins. And cookies.

[/QUOTE]

snowflake is offline Junior Member

Wink

I've been lurking around for a while!

Your location: Northern Canada

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, fermented milk and butter, sometimes raw milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Gotta have tea!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Realized that IBS symptoms are NOT a normal part of life and wanted some relief.

Favorite exercise: Climbing

Favorite Primal food: Avocados, moose meat, bison burgers!

Best part about being Primal: Not being bloated all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain that it's not a diet, and its not optional for me to eat this way.

thedoglett is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

How Primal are you: @ 90%. I have the occasional glass of red wine, sometimes a paleo muffin/scone but haven't touched chocolate for ages (don't feel the need anymore).

Do you consume dairy: I have eggs, cream cheeses (full fat of course), wrapped in salmon or prosciutto, hard cheeses (i.e. stilton) and have cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with double (heavy) cream and coconut oil. Green tea too.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health - chronic pain etc, all relieved since going primal. Also losing some weight too which as a bonus!

Favorite exercise: Following convict conditioning with good results so far, bodyweight only for the moment (can't sprint due to health).

Favorite Primal food: Meat, butter and loads of veggies. Thai chicken curries with coconut milk, peppers, chilli, ginger, garlic, onions and green beans etc. Steak with steamed vegetables and butter.

Best part about being Primal: I'm feeling a lot better, less pain, lighter and fitter. I love doing intermittent fasting too - based on leangains I usually do 18/6 but sometimes a 20/4.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to grab lunch when out and finding that all that's available is bread, pasta or rice based.

Holly is offline Junior Member

Smile

Your location: Northern Ontario, Canada

How Primal are you: I don't know about primal, but I've gotten a lot of good insight from this website in regards to fasting. I am a gluten-free vegan, and I try to stick to a mostly alkalizing diet. I eat fruits in the morning with my protein shake, then mostly an assortment of veggies for the rest of the day.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink copious amounts of herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, dyshidrosis, seborrheic dermatitis)

Favorite exercise: Yoga, dancing, weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Baked acorn squash and carrots

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great, and looking pretty great too!

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with social pressure

shadoemckee is offline Junior Member
    Name: Shadoe McKee

Your location: East Coast of Florida

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Hopefully, going all in, after reading the book (on it's way)

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Hoping to switch to raw when I figure out what I'm doing.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea and herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've seen a lot of "aging" and minor fat gain going on the last year that has made me research a new way of looking at nutrition.

Favorite exercise: Yoga, hiking, family walks.

Favorite Primal food: beef jerky, avocado, berries, salad greens

Best part about being Primal: Can't say yet. I'll find out soon enough. Hoping for a bit of fat loss, more energy, and relief from psoriasis.

Worst part about being Primal: I would predict it will be baked goods, like danish, but I think I'll live, lol.

Really looking forward to connecting with a few folks. After a couple of weeks of soul-searching and web research, this lifestyle feels like a really good fit. I come from a long line of farmers and hunters. I spent quite a few years in my 20's as a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and enjoyed it for the most part. I always missed the meat, though. This year (at 40), I spent 6 months as a Vegan and exploring all the different avenues it travels. After those 6 months, I re-evaluated and felt that I was lacking in nutrients and was not thriving like I should. I feel old, have minor medical issues creeping up (like psoriasis flare-ups and my vision going bad really fast). I knew it wasn't for me!! So, here I am, anxious to return to my food roots and regain my vitality! YAAAAAAAY!!

Keetakins is offline Junior Member
    Name: Makeeta

Your location: York, UK

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Started on Monday so about 80/90% at the moment...still figuring things out

Do you consume dairy: yes - cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope to either of them

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and general health

Favorite exercise: love swimming

Favorite Primal food: Hmmm well where to start! But I'll go with the obvious...steak!

Best part about being Primal: Not too sure yet, but hopefully toning up and feeling better in myself

Worst part about being Primal: having to explain to people what I'm doing and why I won't be eating grains. Although I'm getting use to the blank looks!!!

Tregosy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Yorkshire

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: Not yet, awaiting the book!

Do you consume dairy: Butter, cream and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: BUFF ( Big Ugly Fat Fella )

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: will advise

Worst part about being Primal: hoping not too much

jopaul is offline Junior Member
    How Primal: Just getting started; haven't purged the kitchen yet of grains
    Dairy: probably for the first time in my life there is no milk in the fridge, but there is some cheese, butter, yogourt
    Coffee/tea: Neither, except chai
    Motivation to primal: A lot of pain issues, back and feet, that CW hasn't helped and a bit of weight loss would be a bonus side effect
    Favourite exercise: right now just gym cardio and weights. In a past life much more active.
    Fave food: don't know yet
    Best part: again not sure yet but would normally have been well into my morning snack by now and not the slightest bit hungry yet.
    Worst part: all the groceries in the kitchen that I paid for and may never use

Mazzy0 is offline Junior Member

Paleo for almost 2 months

Hi - I started the paleo diet officially on Dec 1st, but I had been gluten free for 2 years and went off sugar and dairy about 2 weeks before going paleo. I've lost 10 pounds so far and have been stuck at the same weight for the past 3 weeks. I decided to start posting on the forum to see where I might be going wrong. I'll elaborate under the nutrition section.

Your location: CT, USA

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Paleo

Do you consume dairy: No...except for the very occasional butter when I'm out of coconut butter, etc.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only herbal occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight and for better food options

Favorite exercise: Hiking when it's a little less cold outside.

Favorite Primal food: RIBS

Best part about being Primal: Not having to count calories and not gaining weight

Worst part about being Primal: Hearing from people how coconut and saturated fats are so bad for you, and then wondering if maybe you're going to die from a heart attack early because perhaps you are wrong...

skinnycindy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi - I'm Cindy - started Jan 1. Done atkins several times and respond well to no carb/low carb. Lost 1 pound a day for the first 5 days, then I lost all my sugar/carb cravings and wasn't eating enough - I think) so I have lost no weight for last week. Trying to increase fat intake to kick start metabolism and unfortunately tracking calories to make sure I'm eating at least 1500 a day...

Your location: Central Iowa

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee in the am, some herbal, decaf teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: broken digestive system,weight loss, energy levels, poor health,

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: no more carb cravings

Worst part about being Primal: EVERYTHING has sugar in it!!!

SW 227.5
    GW 175
    CW 223