How Primal are you:Very

Do you consume dairy: Yup, plain yoghurt, Roquefort cheese, milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yup

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improved health

Favorite exercise: running 5k/10k

Favorite Primal food: Venison fillet

Best part about being Primal: Venison fillet

Worst part about being Primal: Adapting my diet without grains

I was on a running course 6 months ago and the advice was to cut down on carbs, processed foods, bread, white rice and potatoes and eat more veg. So I changed then but was still eating brown bread to a degree.
    Entering my data onto fitday.com for info. Eating too much fruit really at the moment.
    I stalk deer so I have all the meat I want. I make a good squirrel pie as well.
    I guess it takes a while for the body to adapt and I am still getting used to low carbs high protein/fat.
    I don't have a weight problem, slightly underweight if anything.

bucknall is offline Junior Member
    Your location:london uk

Age (If you want):20

How Primal are you:i would like to say around 80 to 20 i am very new at this process and keep falling off the band wagon as a student its very hard

Do you consume dairynly full fat milk and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yeah

Motivator for switching to Primal: i have amenorrhea and years of hormones beig pumped into me have made me put alot of weight on and i just want a change

Favorite exercise: squats and sprints, and yoga

Favorite Primal food: pork belly

Best part about being Primal: feeling lighter and losing the bloated feeling

Worst part about being Primal: living in london and the temptations

Tonixtonix is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas, USA.... Until the Air Force moves us again next year

Age (If you want): Closer to 40 than I like to admit.

How Primal are you: 89.3% I avoid processed food like the plague and this applies to my whole family.

Do you consume dairy: Yes but not in milk form. We use a lot of heavy cream, butter, gee, keifer, sour cream and full-fat Fage brand Greek yogurt. I am lactose intolerant and my now-toddler had a milk allergy up until he was 18 months old, so drinking a glass of milk is something that would never happen in our house. We don't even buy milk unless we need it for a specific recipe.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love tea and I make home-made chai a lot.

Motivator for switching to Primal: In the past I have had a tremendous amount of success with Atkins/Low-carb diets to manage my weight. After having a baby, all those good eating habits went straight to heck and I found myself 35 pound over weight and staying that way. For me, my self control starts at the grocery store, once food is in the house, I find it impossible to resist. Since my husband is at his optimal weight, Atkins only foods just wouldn't work for our family. I made the switch to primal (which was easy BTW) so we could all maintain a healthy eating lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Animals. Tasty, tasty animals.

Best part about being Primal: Effortless weight management (Down 20 lbs in five months); achy joints GONE; stomach problems RESOLVED COMPLETELY; way more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating at other peoples homes when they get offended that you wont eat their pancakes, waffles, pasta, bread, potatoes etc.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Alberta, Canada

How Primal: Strict Primal so far (its day 7)
    Dairy: butter only
    Coffee/Tea: one coffee in morning often 1 Chai Tea at night
    Motivation for going Primal: Been carrying more abdominal fat than I'd like (not really overweight, but want to change). Also I've been suffering migraines, panic attacks, fatigue, chronic heartburn, bowel problems. Look for way to improve health naturally

Favorite exercise: weightlifting
    Favorite Primal food: Ribeye

Best part about being primal: Energy levels have already improved, weight is coming off (7.5lbs in 7 days so far), stomach problems improving

Worst part of being primal: miss baked goods

ToriStewart is offline Junior Member
    Your location: The Sticks, Texas

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Fairly. Our family raises grass fed beef, hunts and processes our own wild turkey and venison as well as sourcing clean pork from our local butcher. (Yes. They still exist!) We also have a dairy that grows every bite they feed to their herd and we'll buy raw milk from them every few weeks. We make a lot of kefir and kombucha (not sure that would be considered "primal" though) and eat only organic produce and our own free range eggs.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Only raw and mostly fermented. It's also kinda seasonal for us since our dairy is about an hour away.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No to coffee. The only tea I drink is kombucha, which is fermented. Some herbal teas like pregnancy teas etc.

Motivator for switching to Primal: When I was pregnant with my first kiddo 5 years ago, we ate the Standard American Diet which for us was mostly canned foods and nuked chicken pot pies. At delivery, I developed pre eclampsia and was told I would always have this problem in the future with more kids. I was told there was no cure for it and no real cause that they knew of. When we found Dr. Mercola and Nourishing Traditions, our lives and outlook changed. We've had 4 kids in 4 years and are 22 weeks into pregnancy #5. Each pregnancy has been better than the last! I'm currently a student in midwifery and cannot emphasize enough how important nutrition is for everyone involved to the moms I have the pleasure of meeting.

Favorite exercise: squats and burpees. It's a love/hate relationship. My husband and I also run Spartan races, so everything Spartan.

Favorite Primal food: Primal fajitas! Fajitas with all the sautéed veggies, meat, avocado, pico and spicy goodness with raw yogurt and raw cheese all wrapped up in crispy lettuce. Uh....may....zing!!

Best part about being Primal: The undeniable health benefits!

Worst part about being Primal: The nay sayers that attribute our great health to genetics.

ItalianPaleoDude is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tuscany, Italy

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: strict since July 1

Do you consume dairy: I would if I could find grass fed dairy products in my country..

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't like any of them..

Motivator for switching to Primal: IBS & Insomnia for the last 20 years

Favorite exercise: playing soccer..is it Primal? I'm Italian, guys..

Favorite Primal food: eggs, every single day..

Best part about being Primal: I love Fats

Worst part about being Primal: living in Italy where there are no grass-fed meats

DoraV is offline Member
    I've been lurking here since Sept 2011 and figured I should introduce myself properly.

Your location: Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: yes except for milk, yuck

Do you drink coffee or tea: could not live w/o coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: allergic to wheat and was unable to lose weight

Favorite exercise: hiking, weights and running

Favorite Primal food: steak and sashimi

Best part about being Primal: love to cook so it's pretty easy for me

Worst part about being Primal: nothing yet

JTejada is offline Junior Member

My journey to date!

Jeff T

Your location: Poughkeepsie, NY

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 100% since December 1, 2012

Do you consume dairy: Never, and I ate cheese with pretty much every meal!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never, and I was a total coffee junkie. Sometimes 5 or more cups a day!

Motivator for switching to Primal: My weight was out of control and I recently was introduced to someone on paleo and was amazed by there results, So I gave it a go. I absolutely love this lifestyle and will never look back!

Favorite exercise: I love my kettlebell

Favorite Primal food: My wife makes the most amazing paleo chili, loaded with delicious fresh vegetables, zucchini pasta with chicken meatballs and Roasted Cauliflower soup!

Best part about being Primal: Every aspect of this way of life has has given me amazing results thus far!

Worst part about being Primal: I can find nothing about my new lifestyle that discourages me. I thought cutting out all the cheese,coffee and carbs would be terrible. But their are substitutes for just about anything and all the food that I've consumed in this method of eating is way more delicious than any of the garbage I used to think was good!

welshian is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Llanover, Wales, UK

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: two cups a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: an increasing waistline and loss of energy after leaving the army

Favorite exercise: walking, kettlebells, pilates

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Enjoying food as it was intended to be enjoyed.

Worst part about being Primal: No worst part I still have the occasional glass of wine and eat the food I love.

Belendor is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: pretty much not at all, yet.

Do you consume dairy: yup, mostly milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, only tea whenever I'm sick or it's the only thing to drink around.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I would like to live more healthily, and get rid of some of that padding around the abdomen.

Favorite exercise: Biking

Favorite Primal food: Pistachios and meat

Best part about being Primal: Meat is allowed! Not all healthy lifestyles can say that.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not used to paying a lot of attention to what I eat, so that'll be fun.