Page 468 of 621 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 468

becsta is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi I have just joined after doing about a weeks research.

Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Yes but will cut down (I am lactose intolerant)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes mostly tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight

Favorite exercise: None. I have been using Nike + on my xbox for about 2 months I do enjoy it (sort of)

Favorite Primal food: To soon to tell.

Best part about being Primal: To soon to tell.

Worst part about being Primal: To soon to tell.

kxjohnston is offline Junior Member
    Your location: belfast, UK

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: just beginning

Do you consume dairy: yes, mainly yogurt, butter and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, love green tea & black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, fitness, weight loss, strength & fitness

Favorite exercise: walking, lifting heavy things.

Favorite Primal food: meat, steak, lamb, eggs - most of it actually

Best part about being Primal: better health and a move away from processed crap.

Worst part about being Primal: don't know yet - hard breaking habits and move away from sweets, deserts and breads
    "Learn from the past, Look to the Future, Live for Now"

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone! I'm new to posting on the forum, but I'm not new to MDA or the primal blueprint

Your location: Maine

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: I'd say near 95% compliance, been primal for about a year and a half

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I'll have cream in coffee on the occasional days I make it. I use butter every day and once in awhile sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt as a special treat. Very rarely do I ever drink milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, coffee in the morning occasionally and tea almost every night

Motivator for switching to Primal: Originally to lose a few pounds, but now what really motivates me to STAY primal is to maintain the fabulous level of health I have achieved and to give my future children the best possible start to life.

Favorite exercise: Many favorites, but I would have to say I love hiking and swimming the best

Favorite Primal food: Cliche, but its definitely bacon. I could probably eat my weight in bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Constant energy levels. I love never having to deal with the carb crashes my friends and family experience on a daily basis, and it's especially helpful as a busy college student. A close second is definitely avoiding the numerous illnesses that are always going around my college campus

Worst part about being Primal: Social and family events. Although I have lived this way for a year and a half, my family and friends still don't understand (and don't care to understand) why I live and eat this way, so there is always pressure for me to eat things I don't want to.

aoife.in.oz is offline Junior Member
    Hey, been reading MDA for quite a while and flirting with primal eating, but now seeing as it is the new year I am committing to being primal.
    So to introduce myself...
    Your location: gorgeous sydney australia (but I am from Ireland)

How primal are you? Work in progress- have given up grains, I buy free range meat- still working on a reliable/ affordable source of grass fed/ organic meat.

Do you consume dairy? Yes, have feta in my salad and fruit, greek yogurt for snack sometimes and milk in my tea.

Do you drink tea or coffee? Yes copious ammounts of tea... I am irish it's in my DNA. Coffee maybe once a week when I am out for breakfast.

Motivator for turning primal? Health- although I have always been active and a "healthy eater" I never like I was at optimal health. I have always battled with maintainign a healthy weight... I just felt that there had to be a better way.. and then I found MDA.

Favourite exercise? I love my cycle commute to work and I surf regularly, I play capoeira which is pretty fun.

Favourite primal food? I have always loooooooooved eggs- I reckon I could happily subside on them alone, but served with bacon and perhaps a smidgen on hollondaise sauce they are other worldly.. also love a good steak on the bbq..

Best part of being primal? Not feeling so hungry that you could easily chew off your own hand... seriously i did weight watchers before and there were time I considered self-cannibalisation...

Worst part about being primal? Trying to explain it to my boyfriend who thinks I am subscribed to some sort of crackpot diet ( I wouldn't mind but I saw some diet shakes in his cupboard at home- now that is crackpot), my housemate giving a running critique of everything I put in my mouth.... Oh how I will laugh like a drain in a few months time when I shimmy into my size 8 jeans while eating a plate of bacon- ha then they will eat their words!

MiffWick76 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Arkansas

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80-90%

Do you consume dairy: very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Needed something different. Hope it will help me be healthier and get over the barriers I've been fighting with the last year. I play roller derby and want to get better at it. I also coach a women's derby team and want to be an example of being healthy to them.

Favorite exercise: Roller Derby/Skating

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet. But I love meat and I love vegetables.

Best part about being Primal: I like the idea of simplifying life and taking things back to a more basic time.

Worst part about being Primal: After I've done it for a little longer I'll let you know.

HollyGoLightly is offline Junior Member
    My first post; how exciting!

Your location: east coast of USA

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: just started today

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm 20 lbs over fighting weight

Favorite exercise: swimming/ fast walking

Favorite Primal food: venison

Best part about being Primal: I'm such a carnivore

Worst part about being Primal: I love to eat out at restaurants and I am such a foodie!

I'm looking forward to the next few months to see how I will gain back the body I know I'm supposed to live in versus this bloated one I have on today.

frogdogs is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Palm Beach County, Florida

How Primal are you: Began November 2011: went cold turkey off SAD. Been 80% since then.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Heavy cream with coffee. When recipes either call for it or seem likely to be improved by them, I will use cheese, greek yogurt, butter, sour cream and buttermilk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have several autoimmune diseases, with bonus being hoping to lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Walking on the beach.

Favorite Primal food: Juicy, marbled steak, cooked medium rare.

Best part about being Primal: Effortless weight control, compared to the starvation/chronic cardio I used to have to do.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out. Trying to explain why I've changed the way I eat to family/friends.

PrimalMamax3 is offline Junior Member
    Hello All!
    Now on day #7 of paleo/primal and LOVING it. Have lost 8 pounds already! So thrilled about the increased energy I already have. I have not always been overweight until I started having kids (have three - 7, 4 and 1) but I've got 55-60 pounds to lose and lots of energy to gain. Very excited and encouraged by the transformations here. Husband is also doing it with me and we've recruited a couple of overweight friends into a three month challenge. This is for life for me though!

Our four year old daughter does have some behavioral issues and soon we will be switching the kids primal too and I really think it is going to help her. Does anyone have a similar situation? Are your kids primal as well and has it helped?

Your location: Vermont

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: New but I think I'm doing close to absolute primal.

Do you consume dairy: The only tiny amount of dairy I have is a little half and half in my coffee, that is my cheat, for now. I may not need it at some point. There's something about creamy coffee that is so comforting

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: More energy, hate looking at myself this weight, want to be a better role model for my kids and a big motivator for me is to avoid the typical metabolic syndrome that plagues my family and most of the people I know.

Favorite exercise: P90X right now but in the future will thoroughly enjoy hiking and snowshoeing with my family, once we have the energy.

Favorite Primal food: Almost everything but I love roasted brussel sprouts with bacon...sooooo yummy!

Best part about being Primal: The increased energy and mental focus

Worst part about being Primal: So far, not much. Do have those sweet cravings occasionally but I know it's not worth it.

mommyofatoz is offline Junior Member
    Hello!

Your location: Indiana

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Recently started primal again, so far, I'm mostly primal. The closer to full primal I eat, the better I feel.

Do you consume dairy: Other than yogurt, butter, and cheese, no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Just recently started drinking coffee. Now drink both tea and coffee somewhat regularly.

Motivator for switching to Primal: PCOS & Insulin Resistance

Favorite exercise: Depends on my mood...walking, running, biking, kettlebells, p90x...

Favorite Primal food: Sweet Potatoes are my favorite "treat."

Best part about being Primal: I don't feel the glucose/insulin battle going on inside me.

Worst part about being Primal: Currently the worst part is intestinal adjustment (gallbladder issues).

JackieBT is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Colorado, USA

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: I'm a beginner so I will say I am in the process of becoming primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes but I do keep it organic and GMO free

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, weight loss, tired of being a middle-aged chubster!

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak...porterhouse to be exact!

Best part about being Primal: Meat!

Worst part about being Primal: For the moment, I think it will be giving up bread and mac-n-cheese. I hope to experience the "lack of desire/interest" in those in a short amount of time.