Page 467 of 626 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 6256

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 467

Dodo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm in W. Michigan, 57 years old, disabled as a result of an auto accident. I have been toying with the idea of primal eating for half a year, but having trouble giving up my old food addictions. I grew up on a dairy farm and love dairy, although I don't eat as much as I used to (half a gallon of raw milk a day when I lived on the farm!). I am sadly dependent on Maxwell House International Coffee-French Vanilla Cafe. Not primal at all, I know. I have lost so much with age, poor health, and my accident, that I want to do what I can to stay as healthy as possible. I have yet to find a good, sustainable exercise program that works for me with my disabilities. My favorite primal food is probably my landlady's good organic eggs cooked with lots of mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic and maybe bacon.

I haven't stuck to the primal way of life enough to discover a best yet. The hardest is definitely the cravings for the foods I'm used to and the junky foods my daughter brings into the house.

TRS
    TRS is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North Carolina, US

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Hope to be full, we will see

Do you consume dairy: Glass of milk daily and occasional yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seemed like something that made sense and I could stick with

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Meat-and and all!

Best part about being Primal: Just getting started, but I hope it to be the renewed energy and less crap intake

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up snacks and sandwhichs

Jimbo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Yorkshire, England.

Age (If you want):33

How Primal are you: Not at all.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle change. Need to improve health, fitness, weight and physical self confidence.

Favorite exercise: Football, Jogging and team sports.

Favorite Primal food: Red Meat.

Best part about being Primal: The jury is still out.

Worst part about being Primal: Will keep you posted.

devan is offline Junior Member
    Hui guys i am devan I am a new member of marks daily apple Really its very nice to be here as i am gaining a lot of information here Your posts are of great use to me Hope you welcome me and help me in different matters if needed Deep thanks to all who made this site wonderful.

Learn More
    Last edited by devan; 11-25-2013 at 09:48 PM.

osgoka01 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: CT, USA

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes a little cream in my coffee.... and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea. Coffee on the weekends.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing muscle tone on 90% vegetarian diet. I was frequently tired and felt "off."

Favorite exercise: Riding/Competing horses, cycling & running.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon or Coconut Milk.

Best part about being Primal: I feel stronger!

Worst part about being Primal: I may have gained some weight (muscle?).

Cwick is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Anchorage, AK (ARMY)

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Greek Yogurt, Heavy cream in coffee, Whole Fat Cottage Cheese, Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love black coffee, green tea sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Experimenting then saw great results

Favorite exercise: Anything challenging

Favorite Primal food: Changes often but right now it's coconut "fried" chicken breast

Best part about being Primal: Look and feel healthier

Worst part about being Primal: Always making your own dishes at restaurants and getting that look from either the waiter/tress or your friends

AshReachingHigher is offline Junior Member
    I've finally joined!

Hi everyone. I'm looking forward to the new year and so far it's going very well. How are you all doing??

A bit about me: I went primal mid last summer and haven't looked back. It's wonderful. It's life changing. It's freeing. How amazing is it not needing a snack every two hours? Pretty amazing.

Your location: Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): 29 going on 30!

How Primal are you: Very Primal. But I like my cheese.

Do you consume dairy: Cream in my coffee and a bit of cheese. Cheese is, next to my hubs and beloved Glenn Coco, the love of my food life.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but I focus on coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was sick of being a slave to my blood sugar spikes.

Favorite exercise: Walking in nature and swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Seafood.

Best part about being Primal: Never feeling full but always feeling satisfied

Worst part about being Primal: Unsure if there is a downside....

catarina is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sweden

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 70%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea and rooibos.

Motivator for switching to Primal: started out as an experiment; so far so good.

Favorite exercise: running; my most recent discovery and insta-love: calisthenics!! (beginner)

Favorite Primal food: coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: I feel stronger and sleep less

Worst part about being Primal: too early to tell...

amyamy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Probably 90/10 since the day after Thanksgiving

Do you consume dairy: yes, but only a tiny bit

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been doubting CICO lately, and I've never tried eating outside of SAD, so this sounded interesting.

Favorite exercise: I have spent a lot of time running and doing half marathons. I haven't run in a few months now...I guess I'm taking a break. I love Bikram yoga, but don't get to do it very often. Right now I take a boxing class a couple of times a week.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon :-)

Best part about being Primal: Being able to resist cookies/cakes/candies so much more easily than I have ever been able to before.

Worst part about being Primal: Not quite sure what to do when friends want to get together with all of our kids to have pizza. Haven't found a suitable option from a pizza place, aside from salad.

Kathy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas (near Austin)

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Diet-wise, probably 90%. Lifestyle-wise, maybe 70% right now but I'm working on it (still reading PB and getting with the full program!).

Do you consume dairy: I eat Greek yogurt a few times a week. Oh, and butter. Lots of butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but only decaf/herbal.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes sense, seems like a good way to maintain my recent weight loss, and I was already most of the way there as far as my diet goes.

Favorite exercise: Hiking with my dog (and camera), bodyweight/resistance exercises, Lifting Heavy Things. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and CFS 10 years ago and I'm learning that I'm so much stronger and can do so much more than I ever thought I could do physically, which makes me want to keep pushing myself to do more!

Favorite Primal food: Um, pretty much everything? I love food! Venison, avocados, macadamias and all forms of coconut are probably my favorites.

Best part about being Primal: Better sleep, better body, better moods, more energy -- it just feels "right" and natural and like it's what my body was meant to do.

Worst part about being Primal: Lectures and article links and whatnot from well-meaning relatives who hold to CW and the SAD like it's a religion.