Page 466 of 635 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 466

Aiden.C is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey All,

I studied baking at Le Cordon Bleu in Australia and have a huge passion for it. I hope this site can help me pass out some recipe's and learn some stuff myself

Aiden

Sylvana is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Anchorage, AK

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: Newbie

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both one cup of coffee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Best Friend

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: Limited foods in Alaska

dwainred is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Hernando, MS (South of Memphis, TN)
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    Wife won't let me live in a cave our I would......Just starting out first week. Still hunting for the proper meats (Grass Fed) until then I will be eating what I can get. I find it easy to go without carbs. I am not a large consumer of dairy to start with. I will start hunting this year again after a 7 years of not hunting.

Do you consume dairy:
    Not often

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Drink coffee and tea. I am a southern boy and love my sweet tea but gave it up for a longer better life with my childern and wife.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Family history of diabeties, heart problems and other medical issues. Time to take charge of my life and get my health back under control so I can be there for my wife and kids
    Favorite exercise:
    Kick boxing, MMA training

Favorite Primal food:
    MEAT
    Best part about being Primal:
    I enjoy every part of it but love the fact that I am no longer consuming processed foods. I have always said that processed foods are the major cause of health problems in the US today. Just took me 37 years to realize how to get around it.
    Worst part about being Primal:
    Locating locally raised food (Meats, Veggies, and fruits)

Archispeak is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Omaha, NE

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Just starting this week!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was born with JRA and started walking later than normal. It has been pretty actively lately and I don't want to control it with medication anymore. I want to control it with my diet.

Favorite exercise: Since it's winter here in the Midwest I stick to low-impact routines on the elliptical, but when it's warmer I like to swim and walk my dog. I was an active runner until my arthritis really kicked up again and figured the cons outweighed the pros.

Favorite Primal food: Beef, it's what's for dinner here in the Midwest, but mine is grassfed and from our farmer's coop or TJ's.

Best part about being Primal: I know after I have been on the program for a few weeks that I will feel in better general health and am anxious to see if after a few months I can stop the arthritis meds.

Worst part about being Primal: We have retirement and birthday parties almost every week at my workplace so I will have to figure out how to still be social at these events without taking part in the cake and icecream!!!

PrimalPablo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Flagstaff, AZ

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: 100% foraging / 60% fitness

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Heavy Whipping Cream for Coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: See Above

Motivator for switching to Primal: Career required more time of me so less time to workout.

Favorite exercise: Skiing

Favorite Primal food: Bison Chili now that it's cold.

Best part about being Primal: Easy to be fit looking.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to convince friends that don't get it and continue to fail at what they do...Chronic Cardio and Fad Diets.

CoreyC07 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fredericton, New Brunswick

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 4 months primal, cut out grains and refined sugars completely...Christmas holiday was an exception

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, cream in coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Self-improvement, healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Snowboarding

Favorite Primal food: Eggs!

Best part about being Primal: Got my 6-pack back, and I look healthier. I started eating primal when I moved away for university last fall, and when I came home for Christmas holidays I received a lot of compliments on my weight loss (about 10 lbs of body fat).

Worst part about being Primal: I'm a sucker for sweets and junk food.

bluemax009 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: US (NC)

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: My friends at work have jokingly called me a free range human..

Do you consume dairy: Very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel great

Favorite exercise: Pull Ups

Favorite Primal food: Right now I make a mean Carolina Style pulled pork.

Best part about being Primal: It's unique and gives me a physical performance edge (which is important in my profession) that I've experienced with no other nutrition lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: It can be time consuming in the kitchen

wannispearl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: (Northern) California, USA

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: As of today... 100% ( I just started "officially" today. Have been working up to it this past week...) but I hope to stick to at least 85% long term. I am going to try for 90-100% most of the time as I'm starting out this first month and some.

Do you consume dairy: Butter. But I'll probably not consume much other dairy. I don't do too hot with it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Some green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have celiac disease (a condition that damages the lining of the small intestine as a reaction to gluten). I'm also experiencing some sort of reaction to refined sugars and grain (some serious inflammation, mood swings, energy crashing etc.) and want OUT of that pattern and way of feeling. I also have fibromyalgia. I refuse to let these things control my life but they've certainly taken a toll on me and my lifestyle and energy levels. I just read The Primal Blueprint and I'm feel really excited and optimistic about this way of life. It seems really doable, supported and holistic to me. I'm sick of being sick.
    I am also about to continue school as a holistic chef and nutritional consultant and this method seems to tie right into my studies and approach to health and holistic healing.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, coconut oil, meat.

Best part about being Primal: I'll have to get back to you being so new . I'm *hoping* my energy levels and the physical changes will be some favorites.

Worst part about being Primal: We shall see. So far I dislike feeling the need to defend my choice in diet. I already have had to explain celiac for many many years now. It's not a big deal, though, so long as I feel good.

Roxy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: US (WA)

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: partial Primal

Do you consume dairy: Very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Curiosity

Favorite exercise: Dance

Favorite Primal food: Wild Salmon

Best part about being Primal: I will respond to this message in a few months. I can definitely guess since I like the fact that we eat real food and eat anytime I want.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet since I just joined the group today
    Roxy -- 41/4'10/102 F -- Yes, I'm a Computer Nerd and a Flamenco & Bellydancer!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74655-2.html
    Free Water Coach helps keep my water daily goal in check!
    http://facebook.com/roxyraqs (fun)

Cate is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location:Riverside, CA

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you: I've been following this way of eating for a year now. I allow myself a few small cheats, such as dark chocolate, and have one large cheat on Friday nights, and usually it's pizza. I love looking for and trying out primal recipes.

Do you consume dairy: I gave it up 5 months ago and my ear inflammation went away. I only have it occasionally in coffee and on my pizza on cheat nights.

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started out doing research on sugar and its effects on our bodies. That lead to research on grains, and finally to the discovery of the "paleolithic diet." The science behind it all fascinated me and I wanted to give it a try.

Favorite exercise: jumping rope, cartwheels, handstands

Favorite Primal food:spaghetti squash with meatballs homemade sauce

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great all the time!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain myself to people. Most of the time I just say I am allergic to wheat and dairy, which is probably true, but of course, there is more to it than that. I never want to make others feel bad about their food choices, but I always feel like that is what I am doing.